Help me lower my blood pressure...please!

tookydo

Long story short...we are going on our first Xmas trip 12/10 - 12/15. My 90 day window for ADR's is Friday. We booked thru AAA. About 4 days ago I was 'testing' the online ADR system and was able to retrieve my reservation. Last night I tried again to make sure I was comfortable enough with the online process and I got a message that said my reservation had been canceled.:fork: Disney couldn't help; they said only AAA could cancel the ressie since they own it. AAA finally opened at 10:00 this morning and sure enough it was canceled. Why and by whom, I have no idea. She re-did the ressie with a new confirmation number. So I tried the online ADR system this afternoon. I can't pull up my ressie (I can, however, pull it up on the mydisneyreservation.com/guest so I know it's in the system). This is what I'm doing: log on to Disney website; go to book dining reservations then click retrieve resort reservation; I put in the info (confirmation #, last name, Arrival, and resort; no place for a phone number which I believe I had to enter before this whole mess occurred). Then it says loading and nothing happens. It just goes back to the same page. It doesn't say 'can't find, no reservation exists, not even you fool you have no idea what you are doing!:hammer: What am I doing wrong? I hear my ADR clock ticking. Please help!

foreverbelle

Not much help probably, but when we booked for our trip in August, we couldn't pull up our reservations through the website either. We ended up calling to confirm everything.

Upvote 0

zurgandfriend

As staed by others, please call 407-WDW-DINE, I had asimilar situation booking through AAA in August. I called made all my ASRs and got the confirmation numbers. I put restaurant time and confirmation numbers into a speadsheet and for piece of mind printed it out and carried it in my wallet.

Upvote 0

mickey7879

Just call or keep trying. Might just be something wrong right now. This has happened to us and just ended up being my computer not wanting to cooperate at that moment. I called to make our reservations, then later went on the computer and made others without putting my ressie info in....just used dh name instead. We always make more than we need and just cancel what we don't use before we get there. I know people here don't like that, but that's how we plan out our schedule and works for us.

Upvote 0

DisneyDreamer08

My 90 day window opened back in June when the online reservations system was still fairly new. I had all kinds of problems so I ended up just calling to make my reservations. I'd rather speak to a real person anyways. And when I explained to her the problems I had online she had no clue and was not able to give me any sort of valid answer. If I were you I would just call and save yourself the stress!

Upvote 0

luvlifeinfl

You are not the only one that is having problems w/ the website and pulling you ADr's. I had to call and believe it or not I was using the incorrect phone # w/ my reservation number. I had booked and tied to my cell number but when pulling i used my home number..go figure

Upvote 0

tookydo

Original Poster
You are not the only one that is having problems w/ the website and pulling you ADr's. I had to call and believe it or not I was using the incorrect phone # w/ my reservation number. I had booked and tied to my cell number but when pulling i used my home number..go figure

This is where I'm having the problem. On the page where you click 'retrieve resort reservation' it says to type in your confirmation number as well as the phone number. However, the only things that you can type in is confirmation number, last name, arrival date, and resort. There is no space for phone number. What happened to the place for the phone number? I know I typed in a phone number when I accessed the ressie that AAA canceled. But I can't seem to do what I did before with this new ressie number???

Thanks everyone for your help. I'll keep trying, but I'd still like to here any suggestions to get me out of this mess. Incidentally, it turns out AAA never submitted the credit card payment, which then triggered the cancellation. What a day!

Upvote 0

marcriss

This is where I'm having the problem. On the page where you click 'retrieve resort reservation' it says to type in your confirmation number as well as the phone number. However, the only things that you can type in is confirmation number, last name, arrival date, and resort. There is no space for phone number. What happened to the place for the phone number? I know I typed in a phone number when I accessed the ressie that AAA canceled. But I can't seem to do what I did before with this new ressie number???

Our 90 days was this past Sunday and we had the exact same problem. I tested the system the previous weekend, using my phone number (I know because I wrote it on a little note for myself), then the friday before I couldn't access it (it was asking for my last name too). I called the support desk and they told me they had made a change to the system and some people were having problems. I called again Saturday and had someone tell me it would work. Called again Saturday night and the support person couldn't retrieve it either. I was able to access it through My Vacation too, but not for dining. We got up at 5:45am on Sunday and spent an hour trying to do it online (different computers, browsers, etc.) no luck. The good news is that we called at 7 when the phones opened and after a 20 minute wait got ALL of the ADRs we wanted, including CRT for dinner on an xmas party night.

So keep trying in case it changes again, but be prepared to start calling at 6:59. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

tookydo

Original Poster
Phone Number Fiasco

I was finally able to retrieve my ressie...hope that will still be the case tomorrow. I did find out about the phone number deal. Tech support said when you click 'retrieve reservation' you used to enter confirmation number and phone number. That has changed. There is no place to enter a phone number, they just haven't updated the paragraph that tells you to enter a phone number. The tech said they will remove the wording about adding a phone number 'shortly'. They were doing some maintenance on the site yesterday which may have accounted for the fact that I couldn't retrieve anything; at least that's their story and they're sticking to it!

Upvote 0

vilegirl

Where are you all seeing this "retrieve reservation" thing? I know how to book the dining, but I'll be darn if I can find the "retrieve reservation" button!!

Upvote 0

dznygirl64

First problem useing a travel agent (AAA) so 80s.Book your trip your self and save some cash.Second dont let them book your dining reservations do it your self.You can do it!

Upvote 0

mdcassidy

I had a problem making reservations because of the internet browser I was using. I usually use Google Chrome, and it did not like something about Disney's website. I switched over to Microsoft IE and it worked fine. Could you be having a similar problem?? :shrug:

Upvote 0

tookydo

Original Poster
Where are you all seeing this "retrieve reservation" thing? I know how to book the dining, but I'll be darn if I can find the "retrieve reservation" button!!

On the website go to 'book' then to 'dining'. After selecting the restaurant you want, look above date and time. You will see retrieve reservation. This will link your resort ressie with your dining so you can book 90+10; otherwise the calendar will only open for 90 days out.

Upvote 0

tookydo

Original Poster
First problem useing a travel agent (AAA) so 80s.Book your trip your self and save some cash.Second dont let them book your dining reservations do it your self.You can do it!

Not sure what travel agent you have used, but AAA doesn't cost anything. It would have been the same price had I booked online with Disney. However, we always rent a car so with AAA we get the preferred parking which is the only reason we book with them. And I did do the dining reservations myself, there are just so many glitches on Disney's online systems. Many people have problems using it.

Update: I was able to retrieve my resort ressie that morning (at 5:15AM so check before 6:00, you never know). I had to switch a few things around but got everything I wanted. I had to call for CP dinner package since you can't book that online. I got LeCellier.:sohappy: I know it's two credits this year, but I checked three days prior for a package and there was nothing in any of the tiers except for lunch. I thought some might shy away from using two creidts, but apparently not.

Upvote 0

dznygirl64

Not sure what travel agent you have used, but AAA doesn't cost anything. It would have been the same price had I booked online with Disney. However, we always rent a car so with AAA we get the preferred parking which is the only reason we book with them. And I did do the dining reservations myself, there are just so many glitches on Disney's online systems. Many people have problems using it.

Update: I was able to retrieve my resort ressie that morning (at 5:15AM so check before 6:00, you never know). I had to switch a few things around but got everything I wanted. I had to call for CP dinner package since you can't book that online. I got LeCellier.:sohappy: I know it's two credits this year, but I checked three days prior for a package and there was nothing in any of the tiers except for lunch. I thought some might shy away from using two creidts, but apparently not.
Dont you pay a yearly membership to belong to AAA? So yes its not free to book with AAA.Lot of money to park close,when did LeCellier become two credits?

Upvote 0

Ariel484

Dont you pay a yearly membership to belong to AAA? So yes its not free to book with AAA.Lot of money to park close,when did LeCellier become two credits?

A membership to AAA costs maybe $50-$60 for the year, and not sure about the OP but we primarily got ours for the roadside services...being able to book a trip with them is an added bonus of that membership.

I wondered that too about Le Cellier...maybe it's 2 credits because it's part of the CP package? Not sure :shrug:

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

A membership to AAA costs maybe $50-$60 for the year, and not sure about the OP but we primarily got ours for the roadside services...being able to book a trip with them is an added bonus of that membership.

I wondered that too about Le Cellier...maybe it's 2 credits because it's part of the CP package? Not sure :shrug:
All CP packages are 2 credits as of this year. Regular dining at Le Cellier is still one credit.

Upvote 0

lighteningqueen

Master Yoda,,, Le Celliar is 2 credits. Along with Citricos, Norcooosee, Spelling wrong but several sites list them as 2 per person. Without Candle light Processional.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom