Help Me Choose!...Chef Mickey's dinner or Donald's Safari breakfast

ThinkTink721

Original Poster
Help me choose...
I am trying to decide between Chef Mickey's for dinner (have been there several times - love it) & Donald's Safari breakfast (have been there before it moved to the Tusker House & loved it).

Which one would you choose?

jensdisney

I have not eaten super at Chef Mickey's but we love Donald's breakfast at Animal Kingdom. Not only is the food great, but when we are done we get to go right to the safari and not have to wait in line or get a fast pass!

wdwmomof3

Personally I would choose Chef Mickeys because we really enjoy it and my children are not big breakfast eaters.

mickeysshoes

I would choose Donlad for breakfast as long as you can get first thing am before opening. Then you would have a head start on the park. If not then i would go with Chef Mickey!!!

zurgandfriend

I would go with Chef Mickey's you're in a deluxe resort and on the Monorail. You have more post meal options, Magic Kingdom, Epcot, resort touring etc.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I gues it all depends on what you plan on doing that day. If you're hitting AK, then going to the Safari Breakfast is a smart choice. Any other park however, especially those on the monorail lines.....

staceycrouton

Our dinner experience at Chef Mickey's left a lot to be desired. It didn't live up to the hype for us at all and we'll never do it again. Maybe we'll try breakfast there some day but not dinner. The food was horrible. On the other hand, we'll be eating at Donald's Safari Breakfast for the 3rd time when we go back to Disney in November. It is definitely one of our favorite character meals!:)

Scooter

I would do the Safaris breakfast for several reasons.

If you get the earliest possible seating (7:30-8:30AM), it's still very cool in Animal Kingdom and you will be one of the first persons to enter the park when it opens. My wife and I were literally the FIRST to ride the Safaris attraction after we finished our Breakfast.

The place is much roomier that Chef Mickeys.

While it's still quite noisy, it's much less noisy than Chef Mickeys.

The food options are amazing. I told my wife that I wished I could eat more.

The decor at Tusker House is magnificient, some great photo opps while you wait for the characters to come around.

I'd say do both, but if I could only do one, I'd do the Safaris Breakfast.

Tomi-Rocket

I personally think that Donald's Safari Breakfast has a more varied menu than Chef Mickey's. Don't get me wrong - they're both wonderful, we've enjoyed both restaurants but for different options go with Donald's. :slurp:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I would do the Safaris breakfast for several reasons.

If you get the earliest possible seating (7:30-8:30AM), it's still very cool in Animal Kingdom and you will be one of the first persons to enter the park when it opens. My wife and I were literally the FIRST to ride the Safaris attraction after we finished our Breakfast.

The place is much roomier that Chef Mickeys.

While it's still quite noisy, it's much less noisy than Chef Mickeys.

The food options are amazing. I told my wife that I wished I could eat more.

The decor at Tusker House is magnificient, some great photo opps while you wait for the characters to come around.

I'd say do both, but if I could only do one, I'd do the Safaris Breakfast.

This.

And let me add, if you want another good breakfast to have (and in the park too), replace Chef Mickey's with The Crystal Palace, for many of the same reasons to eat at Tusker House. Plus the benefit of getting some truly unfettered shots of the castle (and Main Street) first thing in the morning.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom