Help! I have a vegetarian friend!

mellie882

Original Poster
I am going to WDW in August with a friend that hasn't been to WDW in ten years. She is mostly vegetarian, with the only exception being fish. What are your top picks for quick service in the theme parks for vegetarians? We plan on hitting all four parks, so suggestions for all four would be much appreciated. I am used to picking up the usual burger and fries or chicken finger basket, so I need to start looking at the menus from a different perspective! :veryconfu

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
mellie882 said:
I am going to WDW in August with a friend that hasn't been to WDW in ten years. She is mostly vegetarian, with the only exception being fish. What are your top picks for quick service in the theme parks for vegetarians? We plan on hitting all four parks, so suggestions for all four would be much appreciated. I am used to picking up the usual burger and fries or chicken finger basket, so I need to start looking at the menus from a different perspective! :veryconfu

Here is the link to the menus on this site. I suggest that you look at them to see what there is for your friend to eat as well as yourself. Compile a list of what you see that is good and then show the menus to your friend to make sure that she agrees and then get those dining ressies made. http://www.wdwmagic.com/menus.htm

Pam

Erika

I was a vegetarian on most of my WDW trips, and while I don't have any specific suggestions for you, I will say that I can't recall having any difficulties finding anything to eat. Or maybe I am just easy to please.

Loonme

My friend's a vegy. too I'll help

mellie882 said:
Think to yourself they killed the animal freshly and that this animal is a baby i hope that helps write back plz if it does!:D

justducky78

My hubby and I are vegetarians (no meat/fish) and found that there are not many veggie options at the quick service places, but it didn't matter much since we much prefer sit-down anyway.

Cosmic Rays at the MK did have veggie burgers, and the Noodle Station looked to have a lot of choices, although they were closed when we were there. The Land at Epcot had a quick service cafe with veggie options. Your friend should be able to find something at the cantina outside of the Mexio Pavillion as well. Not sure about MGM or AK. Most quick-service restaurants do offer a veggie burger if you ask (even if it's not on the menu).

If you do plan on doing a few sit-down meals, I recommend California Grill, Artist Point (WL), Spoodles (Boardwalk), Boma or Jiko (AK Lodge), Mama Melrose and Brown Derby (MGM) and the Kona Cafe (Poly).

Your friend will find a lot of options at those restaurants. :D

mellie882

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for the great suggestions! I have looked at the quick service menus and didn't see much, which is why I am a little worried. I know that AK has Pizzafari and salmon at Tusker House. I am mainly concerned about the MK and MGM.

Tweedle Adie

MGM has pizza planet, as well as veg lo mein at the commissary

MK has cosmic rays which has a large selection including salads, veggie burgers, and pasta, plus the Columbia Harbor House has chowder.

A lot of the counter service places also have PB&J

col

mellie882 said:

i found great places to eat there is the MK main street bakery which sells cakes, drinks and fruit most of which are suitable for veggies. there is also cosmic rays in MK and they do the best veggie burger on property (in my opinion) when you order you are asked if you want a side of fries or carrots and in cosmic rays there is also a toppings bar which has mushrooms which give you iron something which some vegetarians miss out on and you can put as many on your plate as you want.:slurp:

they are my 2 choices: cosmic rays and main street bakery.

i also tried the tofu noodle bowl at tomorrow land noodle station but i didnt like it where as your friend might.

there is also fish and chips in MGM's ABC Comissionary which is nice.

as for the other parks i dont eat in them.

you could try the buffets around the world and i suggest donalds breakfastosaurus in AK which has a huge selection of veggie food -lots of fruit, cereal, eggs, bread, cakes, pancakes, cinnimon bread :slurp: .

Figments Friend

Greetings fellow "Veg Heads"!

I am Veg myself and was a little concerned back when i first turned Vegetarian and returned to The World ( about 7 years ago now..). I was concerned as i was not sure if there would be anything i could really eat of substance at the Parks....all i had remembered really seeing in the past visits was endless fast food options or expensive "Foriegn Food" aka World Showcase.

I was however incredibly delighted and VERY relieved when i was on property and found many choices availble to me. I did have to do some research, and spend many a minute staring down the fine print details on some sit-down menus...but all in all it paid off and i am totally pleased to tell EVERY Veggie reading this that WDW is AWESOME for Vegetarians!

For me, the BEST places i have been to so far that had the most items to choose from were Resturant Merrekesh and the Tangerine Cafe in Morocco ( EPCOT's World Showcase), Tomorowland Noodle Station ( MK...when it's open..sigh), Lotus Blossom in China ( Epcot again) and Cosmic Rays (MK). I don't spend a lot of time at MGM or AK so can't really list any places there i am familiar enough with. I have had meals at Tusker House ( AK) and the Sci-Fi Dine In (MGM). Both had Veg options and were tasty.

For me, the MOST choices were in the Morrocan resturants. Some folks don't like this style of food, but its REALLY yummy and very pleasing. Give it a try...the menu has a LOT to choose from...and it's not just all for Vegs'! I usually have the Veg Platter at Tangerine Cafe..it is loaded with hummus, a tabbolah salad, and a delicious lentil offering ( forget what its actually called...) along with a nice big ol' crust of think old world bread.

I should also mention the Nine Dragons ( China, EPCOT) also has some offerings. I will be hitting there next trip in September to try out some of their Veg offerings. I tried the Lotus Blossom in March and LOVED the noodles and ginger ice cream! Mmmm.....

For Fish fans ( i myself also have fish) i recommend the Fish n' Chips stand in EPCOT's World Showcase ( UK) and the Japanese resturants that serve Sushi.

If i can think of any other places i have tried, i will list them.

You should have no trouble finding something for her to eat at most WDW resturants. Now a days they are very good at catering to Vegs, and remember too that you can always request a Veg meal. If you make Priority Seatings reservations, you can tell them you would like to request a Veg meal and they will make sure you have some nice options.

Good luck and have a Magical time!!:wave:

EpcoTim

"Pescaterians" fish, but not meat eaters. Rejoice!!

I'm a vegetarian also, and it can be a bit frustrating at first. All the suggestions here are better than what I can offer. In Mexico you can pretty much get whatever you want, just substitute whatever meat for beans.

Debbie

My vegetarian sis and her husband went to the buffet at the Grand Floridian. The chef personally came out and took them around the steam tables to explain what had even been cooked with animal fat etc. She was very impressed and so was her husband (1st timer). Just the one on one, and the chef taking the time out, absolutely amazed her. And she said it was one of the best meals ever :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom