HELP!! Hacker on my DD's Facebook.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I am not a fan anymore of the Norton product line. In fact with our clients we have been moving them away from the corporate products as well. Look into AVG, or NOD32 as alternatives. AVG free has a pretty good product and is free. No anti-virus\spyware product is perfect no matter what anyone says. The bad guys are just faster at making nasties than the good guys are at detecting them. Just make sure to keep the computer up to date with Windows updates and run the spyware AV scans once a week.
If you decide to change from using Norton, make sure to download the Norton Removal Tool and use it to remove all traces of their software... Norton is notorious for messing up other anti-virus programs if not completely removed before you try to install something new.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Ok, The only problem that I am having at this moment, and I have had this all along, is with Norton 360. It is showing that the PC Security is at risk and that 3 items need my attention. When I click "Fix Now" it doesn't do anything. The three items are with the SONAR Advanced Protection, and says that my computer is not protected by SONAR, yet on the side it shows that it IS on, but it is in red.

Also, My inbound & outbound email attachments are not being scanned for viruses, spyware, and other threats. It shows them off & in Orange, but it will not let me turn them on. :brick: My fix it now button will not work.

That sounds to me like whatever has affected your computer has also disabled part of Norton. Kind of a common thing for malware to do. You must reboot into safe mode and run Norton from there.

wdwmomof3

Original Poster
update

That sounds to me like whatever has affected your computer has also disabled part of Norton. Kind of a common thing for malware to do. You must reboot into safe mode and run Norton from there.

Ok, I will try this. We have been so busy that I have not tried anything else. It seems like things have gotten better, but I need to do the above because it is still showing that on the computer. So far, as far as we can tell, no one else has been on. Our Norton has blocked a few things showing that someone was trying to get online using our PC. Other than that, I think we are ok.

I just wanted to thank all of you again for your help. :)

Carla

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom