Help get me to DLP!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
I'm trying to make a sidetrip to DLP during an upcoming trip to London. I know, whole seperate country and all.. but it seems so close considering i'm flying across the Atlantic as it is :) It's all about perspective.

So.. I've started researching how to go about it, and well.. i have no clue. I can't really find information about the process. I did discover that doing it all via Disney would cost a small fortune ($500 a night for the hotel? Are they nuts?)

I'm going during what is apparently the peak tourism season, since nothing seems to have decent rates.

So, how does one go about getting off "the island?" Where would you recommend staying if i want to spend the night over near/at DLP?

I really know nothing about the rest of the world's transportation it seems. Easyjet and Eurostar help anyone?

Thanks in advance!

maelstrom

I think my friend over in England took the train (Eurostar?) to France. I actually have her train tickets (I told her that train travel was so foreign to me in the US, so she sent me train tickets) so if I can remember I can look and see what they say.

She stayed at the Sequoia Lodge, which is, as I'm sure you know, a Disney hotel. I'd imagine that you can stay relatively close for cheaper and just take the train in.

cmatt

fly to charles de gaulle from gatwick or heathrow - i recommend BA - air france has smeg all leg room.

Take a shuttle bus from charles de gaulle to disney for 15 euros return

jobs a goodun!

if your tight for cash stay at the hotel cheyanne :)

it398

The Eurostar is by far the easiest way to get from the UK to Disneyland Paris. It's not the cheapest but is definately the easiest as it basically goes straight into the resort the station is between the Parks and the Disney Village (Paris's version of Downtown Disney).
$500 dollars a night is quite steap and you can definately do it for less. i would recomend the Cheyenne, it's usually only a couple of buck a night more than the Santa Fe but in my opinion a much nicer hotel. All the Disney hotels in Paris and bed and breakfast (as are many hotels in France.)

Hope you enjoy your trip, and any questions, just ask.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The Eurostar is by far the easiest way to get from the UK to Disneyland Paris..
HA! For those who live South of Watford maybe.

Sorry - politics and a long story of incompetence there.

Off my soapbox, I`d say if you`re in London that Eurostar would indeed be the easiest and most convienient. Door to door.

$500 a night? Was that for a suite at the DL Hotel overlooking MSUSA?? Mad price. I`ll also say the moderates are quite luxurious for mods (Newport Bay twice now... and we`d do it again)

As mentioned above, do shout if you need specific advice. It`ll be strange seeing a `merf update from DLP :D

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
HA! For those who live South of Watford maybe.

Sorry - politics and a long story of incompetence there.

Off my soapbox, I`d say if you`re in London that Eurostar would indeed be the easiest and most convienient. Door to door.

$500 a night? Was that for a suite at the DL Hotel overlooking MSUSA?? Mad price. I`ll also say the moderates are quite luxurious for mods (Newport Bay twice now... and we`d do it again)

As mentioned above, do shout if you need specific advice. It`ll be strange seeing a `merf update from DLP :D

Well, according to my pounds-to-dollars conversion, all the Disney resorts in early august seem to show up for that rate. Any ideas what i'm doing wrong?

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
But i'm on the UK version of the DLP site, so it's pounds.. i'm pretty sure. Froofy "L" means pounds right, Euros is the cross between an "e" and a cent sign, no?

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
That would be correct. The froofy L is pounds and the weird e is Euro.

Well, half the travel websites (expedia, travelocity) tell me there's nothing available and then the disneyland resort paris website says it's 262 pounds for 1 night - which translates to $516 - at the cheapest resort.

cmatt

But i'm on the UK version of the DLP site, so it's pounds.. i'm pretty sure. Froofy "L" means pounds right, Euros is the cross between an "e" and a cent sign, no?

yeh some of it will be the rubbish exchange rate - but still £280 still seems a bit toooo much mate...

stay in the cheyanne... or sequoia

im personally all for flying - nice as you shoot over the channel and on a sunny day the views are fantastic.

Charlles de gaulle is a STUNNING airport design wise and moreover the shuttle bus takes 30 mins - and is frequent...

done le shuttle, thought it was a bit *meh* never done eurostar... cant stand long train journeys you see... :(

i go a bit off the rails *tips cap*

i thaaaaaaaaaaank you :lol:

mikelan6

You can also stay at one of the off-site DLP hotels like the Holiday Inn, the Dream Castle, Radisson SAS etc. They usually have much better rates with free shuttle buses to the parks.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
*cries* I can't seem to make the reservation systems work. Anyone know which website i should be lookin at?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I just tried the .co.uk version, and the Newport is starting at £337 each for 2 nights / 3 days with breakfast and park hoppers. The Cheyenne is at £167 for 2 nights / 3 days. That`s around $300 per adult for 3 days and 2 nights with hoppers. As a very rough comparison, official prices for a basic 3 day WDW adult base hopper as coming back at $217. Very rough as I said, maybe I should compare DLC more to DLP, but the $300 base price for Paris seems quite good in comparisson.

Believe me; Disneyland Parc is a must for someone like yourself ;)

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
I guess what i'm really not getting is how the hotel is tied to the ticket and tied to the food and i have no say in it.

That's driving me nuts.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
I can't get anything to come up the way you're describing it..

I fly into London on the 31st, and i'm flying out on the 7th of august (short trip, i know).

Help...?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom