Help get me to DLP!

minnie2000

Right now it's looking like - for the best price - to stay at Explorers 2 nights, leave early in the morning the first day out of London Luton. To get to Luton, we take EasyBus which is only a few pounds and takes about an hour from Victoria station (where my beau's aunt's place is).

We arrive way early at Luton, with just our carry-on backpacks and all our credentials. We hop onto EasyJet which was the cheapest flight. All that said and done, we'll be at "Roissy" (the french) or "Charles de Gaul" (to everyone else) airport by 9am.

From there, we need some sort of transport to the hotel/resort. We can either ride the train to DLP's station and hop the free bus to the hotel, we can take a bus from the airport to the hotel for a ~$32 fee, or we can take a taxi. We need to price out all the options.

We arrive, we checked in, they have free luggage storage if the room isn't ready. We then either get comfy or go and check out DLP.

2 nights later, we check out, do anything we want at DLP or even other parts of Paris until pretty late in the evening. Reverse our route back to CDG (Roissy) and hop on yet another Easy Jet and end up back at London Luton at ~11pm and then take easybus back to victoria and then the aunt's apartment.

We've done the bus from CDG to Disney, its very easy, just find the signs in the airport and wait for the next bus. Although I'm not sure if you can get to the explorers hotel on it.

Just an idea - have you looked into hiring a car and driving down? The journey is not long - about an hour from London to Ashford, and then about a three hour drive from Calais to Disney. Its an easy journey, we've done it from South Wales with 2 children!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
*plexed* Call me a stupid American.. but you can drive from the UK to France....? I thought it was an island..

minnie2000

You can take the car ferry from Dover to Calais - only about a 50 min crossing I think - or go via the Eurotunnel.

I don't know about prices for the ferries, you could try googling stenaline, I think thats the company that does it.

Personally I prefer the tunnel, as I don't like boats. Its very quick and easy, you drive to Folkstone, drive the car onto the train and sit back and relax until you drive off the train at Calais. Its a 35 minute journey. This is the website: www.eurotunnel.com. I had a quick look at the website and they do packages to Eurodisney, they might be useful to you.

If you use the tunnel, the timeframe would be (approx.) London to Folkstone - about 1 1/2 hours. Tunnel to Calais - 35 mins. Calais to Disney - about 3 hours. Plus time waiting for the train, and loading and unloading etc. Its very easy and efficient though, and an easy drive once you are in France.

AEfx

Driving is a good option too, but will the Merf be okay driving on the "wrong" side of the road? LOL.

AEfx

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Query - My friend says if you rent a car in the UK you sign all kinds of papers saying you wont bring it out of the country. True or not? Is there a difference in price?

cmatt

Query - My friend says if you rent a car in the UK you sign all kinds of papers saying you wont bring it out of the country. True or not? Is there a difference in price?

cant give you an answer - but tbh with the price of renting a car - you may aswell fly and get the coach transfer (using the VEA link i gave you in a receant post) :rolleyes: :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom