Rumor Heimlich's Chew Chew Train being moved to Florida? (Reddit rumor)

eddie104

I respect your opinion and I'm totally OK with it but, let's be fair; DCA is nowhere near TDS. The only area of the park IMHO that is comparable to TDS is Radiator Springs due to the sheer level of immersion and it's total magnificence. Nothing really stands out from the rest of DCA. It is more comparable to DHS than DisneySea.
Cars Land is definitely one of the best immersive areas Disney has created and I agree with your post concerning TDS.

voodoo321

This may have already been said but "A Bug's Land" was thrown together quickly to boost ride count and give toddlers something to do in DCA when the park was considered a joke and a Ghost Town. The only difference between these rides and your local Six Flags Looney Tunes area was the surrounding theming, which I admit was done very well and had plenty of SHADE. The rides are nothing you can't experience at a county fair. Parents waving and taking pictures but otherwise bored to death. Those rides are better served being recycled for scrap metal at the Anaheim dump instead of wasting the gas money to haul them to Florida.

While I am at it I would like to express my incredulousness at the way Carsland is fawned over as the "be all end all" of Disney theming. The Cadillac Range is very impressive, the buildings, fixtures, pathways, etc. leading up to it are all well done. No complaints, other than no shade which is a common problem at this park. I just don't see it as being any more immersive than say Sunset Blvd. at DHS. Seems there is a bit of groupthink going on here, like how it is cool to dump on Stitch's Great Escape when in reality it was only just a subpar attraction.

jaxonp

Outside of Dinorama, Animal Kingdom stands up to TDS thematically. It's attraction lineup isn't as deep but the quality and overall theming is there.

Agreed. Tokyo Disney Sea and Animal Kingdom are easily the two best parks. Animal Kingdom is a prettier park because of its natural beauty. The cast members might put TDS over the top but AK is my home park so I gotta go with Team JR and co.

TDS has these unsurpassed snack game while AK has nothing unique to eat and if they do someone needs to tell me. AK needs to tradition set pronto. I want something yummy to eat there.

Jon81uk

Huh ??? Of course there are cloned attractions between the parks and I never mentioned DL or MK attractions. Pixar Pier is not something you find at a typical Disney Park and looks like Six Flags.

Port Disney or WestCot would have been a better option for a 2nd gate versus what you guys got. Everybody tries to attack AK for its ride count but at least its unique enough to warrant a visit or two.

You did state
The rest can be found at other Disney Parks

Whereas there is actually more overlap between Magic Kingdom and Disneyland than DCA and other parks. Yes there are a few standard fairground rides, but many of those can't are reasonably unique (the sliding aspect of Mickey's fun wheel for example).

Jon81uk

like how it is cool to dump on Stitch's Great Escape when in reality it was only just a subpar attraction.

The problem with Stitch's Great Escape was that Alien ExtraTerrorestrial was perfect. Stitch didn't work as it tried to shoe-horn a character into an attraction that was too scary for the characters audience. With Alien you knew what you were getting with the scares, but with Stitch too many people expect something tamer.

RSoxNo1

Agreed. Tokyo Disney Sea and Animal Kingdom are easily the two best parks. Animal Kingdom is a prettier park because of its natural beauty. The cast members might put TDS over the top but AK is my home park so I gotta go with Team JR and co.

TDS has these unsurpassed snack game while AK has nothing unique to eat and if they do someone needs to tell me. AK needs to tradition set pronto. I want something yummy to eat there.
Pandora has a couple of unique offerings, but not like TDS. Having said that, Chondu Tails are apparently no more.

doctornick

Heimlich's Chew Chew Train might be the worst Disney ride I've ever been on.

See that's where I disagree and don't get the hate for Heimlich's. It's simple and basic, but I think it has a certain charm and cuteness. It's not even the worse ride in It's a Bug's Land (Tuck and Roll easily wins IMHO) and I'd rate Heimlich's much higher than the generic boring flat rides in Paradise Pier (or whatever that section is called now) like Golden Zephyr or Jumpin' Jellyfish.

Don't get me wrong: it is a simple B ticket and is fluff. But I don't understand the hate it gets.

Last edited:

TeddyinMO

See that's where I disagree and don't get the hate for Heimlich's. It's simple and basic, but I think it has a certain charm and cuteness. It's not even the worse ride in It's a Bug's Land (Tuck and Roll easily wins IMHO) and I'd rate Heimlich's much higher than the generic boring flat rides in Paradise Pier (or whatever that section is called now) like Golden Zephyr or Jumpin' Jellyfish.

Don't get me wrong: it is a simple B ticket and is fluff. But I don't understand the hate it gets.

I couldn't agree more. There's a spot in every park for simple B ticket rides. They can be "off the shelf" and still be Disney. Heimlich's is a great example. And it filled a great need for a ride for very young kids and their parents. I rode Heimlich multiple times with my 15 month old. He loved it, and I loved riding with him.

I actually think AK, HS and now California Adventure need more of these types rides, not fewer. They shouldn't be everywhere. But for example if Pandora and TSL each had an additional ride similar in size and scope to Heimlich's, I think we'd all be saying they were more fleshed out lands. Even a version of Heimlich through the empty space inside Slinky that's themed to RC would be a nice kiddie addition at minimal costs and fit the theme. Plus you need minimal staff to run it. The throughput may be minimal, but it would fill a specific, under-served need. It's really no different than Casey's train in DL. Simple, cute, fun for that age and cheap.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom