Rumor Heimlich's Chew Chew Train being moved to Florida? (Reddit rumor)

ThemeParkTraveller

As of May they were there. Poor little Chandu I hope his tail is still in business.

Chandu Tails have been replaced by Chandu Heads (the filling is now chicken curry instead of creamed chicken). This appears to be a permanent change from what I can tell.

5b62a9931453f_1.jpg

jaxonp

Chandu Tails have been replaced by Chandu Heads (the filling is now chicken curry instead of creamed chicken). This appears to be a permanent change from what I can tell.

5b62a9931453f_1.jpg

Bizzaro...and they had just come out with a bunch of Chandu tail related merchandise this past spring. That looks like the Chandu Passholder bag.

ThemeParkTraveller

Tokyo Disney Sea and Animal Kingdom are easily the two best parks. Animal Kingdom is a prettier park because of its natural beauty.

Like the Pandora vs Diagon Alley argument, I think this boils down to whether you prefer nature vs man-made scenery. DAK has the best landscaping, but I personally find TDS the most beautiful park because of its amazing architecture. In this sense, it's more diverse and grander in scale than DAK.

jaxonp

Like the Pandora vs Diagon Alley argument, I think this boils down to whether you prefer nature vs man-made scenery. DAK has the best landscaping, but I personally find TDS the most beautiful park because of its amazing architecture. In this sense, it's more diverse and grander in scale than DAK.

The biggest problem I have with TDS, while undeniably beautiful, is the site lines are terrible there. When you're in Pandora, you're in Pandora.. same thing with Africa and Asia... The immersion is the best Disney has done. TDS can really only replicate this in some of the areas. Obviously the entire Mt Promethius area is incredible as is its surrounding attractions but I struggle with being in New York and seeing Italy or vice versa. There's little transition and lack of total immersion, overall, when compared with Disney was able to do at AK. I can't wait to see what TDS does with it's expansion though.

jaxonp

It amazes me AK's theming gets overlooked so much. It's an incredible looking park. But so many are hung up on the ride count.

Agreed 100%.. and one thing people seem to overlook even more as that AK has all original attractions and zero clones. TDS borrowed, TOT, Indiana Jones, Toy Story. Of course it's two best attractions, imo, JTTCOTE and Sinbad are incredible, so those help round it out. The rest of the attractions are carnival rides.. Mermaid Lagoon. Speaking of Mermaid Lagoon.. is it really all that better than Dinorama?

Original Attractions:
Safari
TTBAB
Dinosaur
Everest
Kali
FOP
River Ride
Lion King Show?
ROL

Kman101

Agreed 100%.. and one thing people seem to overlook even more as that AK has all original attractions and zero clones. TDS borrowed, TOT, Indiana Jones, Toy Story. Of course it's two best attractions, imo, JTTCOTE and Sinbad are incredible, so those help round it out. The rest of the attractions are carnival rides.. Mermaid Lagoon. Speaking of Mermaid Lagoon.. is it really all that better than Dinorama?

I haven't seen TDS in person but it does look incredible. It's more "padded" than AK. The theming is on a different scale but AK also has impressive theming. I don't know that either need to be compared.

They're both unique and have excellent theming :)

eddie104

I absolutely love the look of Mermaid Lagoon thematically wise. But in a sense it and Dinorama are designed towards kids. My favorite areas of TDS are the entrance with the Italy area, MT Prometheus and Arabian Coast.

PS:I haven’t been to TDS but it’s based on what I see on videos.

jaxonp

I absolutely love the look of Mermaid Lagoon thematically wise. But in a sense it and Dinorama are designed towards kids. My favorite areas of TDS are the entrance with the Italy area, MT Prometheus and Arabian Coast.

Those are the best. The Arabian Coast area is SICK!....

jaxonp

I haven't seen TDS in person but it does look incredible. It's more "padded" than AK. The theming is on a different scale but AK also has impressive theming. I don't know that either need to be compared.

They're both unique and have excellent theming :)

Agreed, I just think TDS is INCREDIBLE but it gets so much praise because its a place that isn't here and most people only dream of going there. Talk to some Japanese people and they think WDW is vastly better than TDS... Human nature.. We want what we don't have!

eddie104

Agreed, I just think TDS is INCREDIBLE but it gets so much praise because its a place that isn't here and most people only dream of going there. Talk to some Japanese people and they think WDW is vastly better than TDS... Human nature.. We want what we don't have!
Not to get off topic too much but there was this discussion of TDS not fitting the Japanese market. It’s more adult oriented than TDL and they wish it was more family oriented.

Kman101

Not to get off topic too much but there was this discussion of TDS not fitting the Japanese market. It’s more adult oriented than TDL and they wish it was more family oriented.

I think that easily explains the choices they've made for TDS. Nemo Searider and the Fantasy Springs expansion. Makes sense. I mean, look at poor Sindbad, a total afterthought. Meanwhile fans of Disney parks love the attraction. It would work so much better in Epcot :/

ThemeParkTraveller

Speaking of Mermaid Lagoon.. is it really all that better than Dinorama?

They are both comparable in attractions, but Mermaid Lagoon looks far better aesthetically. My biggest complaint with Dinorama isn't the rides but that it looks so tacky and ugly.

There was an interview with the president of OLC recently where they touched on this. They are definitely trying to course correct by making TDS more similar to TDL, hence the new port being essentially Fantasyland 2.0 (I guess maybe that should be 3.0 now after New Fantasyland).

That's because the Japanese population are all kids.

According to OLC's demographic breakdown, only 15% of visitors to the resort are under 11. Over 70% of visitors to the resorts are adults, with a 70% to 30% gender split in favor of females.

eddie104

They are both comparable in attractions, but Mermaid Lagoon looks far better aesthetically. My biggest complaint with Dinorama isn't the rides but that it looks so tacky and ugly.

There was an interview with the president of OLC recently where they touched on this. They are definitely trying to course correct by making TDS more similar to TDL, hence the new port being essentially Fantasyland 2.0 (I guess maybe that should be 3.0 now after New Fantasyland).

According to OLC's demographic breakdown, only 15% of visitors to the resort are under 11. Over 70% of visitors to the resorts are adults, with a 70% to 30% gender split in favor of females.
Yea that interview is what I was referring to. The Japanese population is older so I know the number of kids compared to the American parks would be lower. However in Asian culture taking the whole family is very popular it seems so adding Fantasy Springs would be a nice addition.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom