Original Poster
does anyone know the height requirements for the big rides like

Expedition Everest
Tower of Terror
Rock n Roller Coaster
Space Mtn
Mission Space
etc????

thanks. I know they were listed in my birnbaums guide but I can't seem to locate it at the moment...

RogueHabit

Yay, just discovered that our 7 year old Dd now meets the height requirements of EVERY attraction at WDW.

Never again will be have to split up the family to take old Ds onto rides and have that horrible "I'm sorry honey, maybe next year" conversation with youngest.

Phonedave

Yay, just discovered that our 7 year old Dd now meets the height requirements of EVERY attraction at WDW.

Never again will be have to split up the family to take old Ds onto rides and have that horrible "I'm sorry honey, maybe next year" conversation with youngest.

Excellent !

I can't wait for that. My youngest (6) is about 47". I have not ridden RnRC in so long :)

Interesting thing however, I think the refrence page is wrong. Either that, or they were letting my 6 year old on Mayday Falls and KeelHaul Falls under the 48" height restriction last week. :)

-dave

carenyllie

3 years old for Tower of Terror and Space Mountain?!?!?!!? Is that right!??!?! I can't imagine my 3 year old on those! Of course, I find Tower of Terror hard to handle! (I hate those up and down rides!)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
3 years old for Tower of Terror and Space Mountain?!?!?!!? Is that right!??!?! I can't imagine my 3 year old on those! Of course, I find Tower of Terror hard to handle! (I hate those up and down rides!)
My daughter was 4 when she first rode it and it is still to this day her favorite ride at WDW.

mouselvrmom

My 3 year old is not quite 40 inches yet, but she is waiting for the day to become tall enough to ride tower of terror. She keeps saying on a daily basis, that maybe next year she will be tall enough to ride. :) It's hard when everyone else can ride but her.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
My 3 year old is not quite 40 inches yet, but she is waiting for the day to become tall enough to ride tower of terror. She keeps saying on a daily basis, that maybe next year she will be tall enough to ride. :) It's hard when everyone else can ride but her.
We were in the same boat. My youngest is a thrill ride junkie and has always been a little short for her age. Our wall doesn't have marks on how tall she is but rather marks on how tall she needs to be for rides at WDW. As soon as we hit one of those millstones we headed to WDW and did all the rides that she was now tall enough for. She will be seven in a few months and is about 1" shy of RnRC minimum ride height. I am really hoping that she will make it by her birthday. Come on 48"!

mouselvrmom

We were in the same boat. My youngest is a thrill ride junkie and has always been a little short for her age. Our wall doesn't have marks on how tall she is but rather marks on how tall she needs to be for rides at WDW. As soon as we hit one of those millstones we headed to WDW and did all the rides that she was now tall enough for. She will be seven in a few months and is about 1" shy of RnRC minimum ride height. I am really hoping that she will make it by her birthday. Come on 48"!

:lol: I hope she makes it! We were hoping our little one would be 40 by our last trip, but even with shoes on she didn't quite make it. I think that the markers there are a little bit taller than needed anyway, because she was less than an inch away with shoes, but when we got there she was farther away. Maybe they take shoes into account? :lol:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
:lol: I hope she makes it! We were hoping our little one would be 40 by our last trip, but even with shoes on she didn't quite make it. I think that the markers there are a little bit taller than needed anyway, because she was less than an inch away with shoes, but when we got there she was farther away. Maybe they take shoes into account? :lol:
They do take shoes into account and the markers are pretty spot on. It If you make a 40" mark on your wall at home and measure her with shoes on it will give you a pretty good indication if she will measure up. Also standing up straight is essential. We found that our daughter was crouching down a little to try and get under the bar. That was remedied by telling her that she need to bump her head on the bar in order to ride.

jennc2001

my son is also 3 and i can't imagine him on tower of terror either!! but, his dad really wants to take him on it so if he wants to go, i'm gonna let him go....AFTER he rides other rides that drops him a little bit! i can't handle tower of terror! i rode it 2 years ago when we went and it was the FIRST and LAST time that will happen....i actually cried! LOL :)

NewfieFan

OMG @ 3....my DD is nearly 4 and doesnt even like going to the cinema cos its "too dark" LOL.....bit of a sensitive soul me thinks

Yes I know all about it - I have a sensitive soul as well (won't go to the theater either)! We take Disney in "baby steps" - maybe by the time he's 18 we'll try TOT!:ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom