Heart breaking over planning days out of my WDW time for Uni

rufio

Original Poster
I'm going to WDW in December for 12 days with my fiance and I'm planning my trip now in order to plan for reservations and such. He really wants to go to Uni and we have to go off site to get our marriage license anyway (this is technically our honeymoon). I'm planning a day or two to go to Universal & Islands of Adventure and it's KILLING me!

I'm looking at the button to confirm a ticket purchase to Universal and I am quite literally upset. This will take my 12 Disney days (really only 10.5 because I'm getting married on one day and entertaining family outside of the parks for half of another day) down to 10 (8.5).

Anyone else devastated when making these decisions??? Do I need a counselor!?!:ROFLOL:

Laura

Premium Member
What is the problem with Universal that makes it such a devastating place to visit? I think it's amazing and always feel lucky when I have an opportunity to spend a day or 2 there.

I_heart_Tigger

You should really just start getting excited about getting the chance to go to Universal. There must be something there you are looking forward to. Personally I get more upset when I only have a short trip to Florida planned and it means not getting the chance to go to US/IOA.

luv

You shouldn't go there. All they have are roller coasters. The themes can't compare with Disney. The architecture is crappy. The park is filthy. It is run by nazis. They spit on the guests and they murder babies.

:ROFLOL:

Kidding about all of that, of course. But most of that is stuff you've heard, right?

If you like theme parks, which you obviously do if you're honeymooning in Orlando, you'll have a good time at Uni. Really.

And if I were you, I'd stay at Uni. PFB is the most romantic hotel in Orlando, especially at sunset. Better rooms, better service, much better transportation to the parks...and way better park experience. But I'm not you.

Have fun! (you will. Promise.)

rufio

Original Poster
lol! It's not that it's a terrible place to visit. It's just saddening when I think that I will be leaving WDW in the morning to go somewhere that is not WDW.

The Empress Lilly

This is why I'm secretly happy with those ten day MYW tickets. We always fly in for lenghty stays, two weeks lately, so this gives me the chance to visit other Orlando sights.

Part of me is tempted to retreat into the WDW bubble for the entire lenght of stay, but part of me is excited to see the other offerings. Ten-day tickets make the choice for me: do something non-Disney for four days.

rufio

Original Poster
You shouldn't go there. All they have are roller coasters. The themes can't compare with Disney. The architecture is crappy. The park is filthy. It is run by nazis. They spit on the guests and they murder babies.

Kidding about all of that, of course. But most of that is stuff you've heard, right?

If you like theme parks, which you obviously do if you're honeymooning in Orlando, you'll have a good time at Uni. Really.

And if I were you, I'd stay at Uni. PFB is the most romantic hotel in Orlando, especially at sunset. Better rooms, better service, much better transportation to the parks...and way better park experience. But I'm not you.

Have fun! (you will. Promise.)

YES! Exactly all of those things! I've heard repeatedly how crappy Uni is compared to WDW. So this isn't true? Now I feel a little better about having to leave Disney for two days...

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Last year we finally took 2 days out of our 8 day yearly WDW trip.
This was just to see WWOHP and to satisfy our curiosity.

I'm a true blue Disney lover but let me tell you something...IOA and Universal was amazing and worth every penny (and the time spent away from WDW)
We had a great time and I can't imagine not visiting whenever traveling to Disney.

Don't fret over something completely awesome. ;)

rufio

Original Poster
Last year we finally took 2 days out of our 8 day yearly WDW trip.
This was just to see WWOHP and to satisfy our curiosity.

I'm a true blue Disney lover but let me tell you something...IOA and Universal was amazing and worth every penny (and the time spent away from WDW)
We had a great time and I can't imagine not visiting whenever traveling to Disney.

Don't fret over something completely awesome. ;)

That's great to hear! I just purchased my 2 day tickets from Undercover Tourist! I'm sure you'll hear from me in December ;)

Captain Chaos

I'm going to WDW in December for 12 days with my fiance and I'm planning my trip now in order to plan for reservations and such. He really wants to go to Uni and we have to go off site to get our marriage license anyway (this is technically our honeymoon). I'm planning a day or two to go to Universal & Islands of Adventure and it's KILLING me!

I'm looking at the button to confirm a ticket purchase to Universal and I am quite literally upset. This will take my 12 Disney days (really only 10.5 because I'm getting married on one day and entertaining family outside of the parks for half of another day) down to 10 (8.5).

Anyone else devastated when making these decisions??? Do I need a counselor!?!:ROFLOL:

Go to Uni... Enjoy yourself.. Step away from the pixie dust... It isn't healthy... Evidence is right here on this site... Don't turn out like the other addicts... There is still time to save this one...

In all seriousness, you will enjoy Universal... The two theme parks are amazing...

rufio

Original Poster
Go to Uni... Enjoy yourself.. Step away from the pixie dust... It isn't healthy... Evidence is right here on this site... Don't turn out like the other addicts... There is still time to save this one...

In all seriousness, you will enjoy Universal... The two theme parks are amazing...

Haha! I think I'm too far gone :lol:

Seriously though, I bought my 2 day pass and I'm going to see what it has to offer. Thinking about checking out Mythos for dinner.

Captain Chaos

Haha! I think I'm too far gone :lol:

Seriously though, I bought my 2 day pass and I'm going to see what it has to offer. Thinking about checking out Mythos for dinner.

One is never too far gone... I'm living proof... I understand the addiction is hard to over come at first... But once you over come it, your mind is actually free to think on its own... It opens up a world of enjoyment... we'll be your support group...

~the dark side, it is a fun place to be

rufio

Original Poster
One is never too far gone... I'm living proof... I understand the addiction is hard to over come at first... But once you over come it, your mind is actually free to think on its own... It opens up a world of enjoyment... we'll be your support group...

~the dark side, it is a fun place to be

I've been gone since the first day I laid eyes on 2009 (though that was not long ago). I'm glad you've recovered, however. :animwink:

erasure fan1

While I never really cared about seeing Universal, It seems that Universal has raised its game more so than Disney. Now even though I am not a potter fan, I would still like to see forbidden journey and I would also love to see spider man. They have a lot now that I want to see. I love Disney but if Uni is going to continue its trend of great new attractions, I have no issues dropping a couple days from the world, and neither should you.

I_heart_Tigger

I've been gone since the first day I laid eyes on 2009 (though that was not long ago). I'm glad you've recovered, however. :animwink:

psssht...you're going to be fine. My first Disney trip was in 1975 and almost every year since and I was so pixie dusted I quit school to go work there for one year - then I extended a second year. They basically had to kick me out of the country and threaten to revoke my passport so I would leave...but noooooo....I'm not Disney crazy :hammer:

Seriously though. I would actually think about staying on property at Universal for a couple of nights, you can walk, take a boat or a bus to the parks (the wait times and trip was very short when I was there, though I walked most of the time from Hard Rock) and you get to use the Express Pass lane for almost every ride with your key card. The only time I did not basically walk right onto an attraction was for Harry Potter (of course) and for Twister (because we got there just as the doors were closing)

The hotels are all amazing, you really can't go wrong with any of them though for romance I would do Portofino Bay as someone else suggested. Also City Walk is much more enjoyable than Downtown Disney is for nightime fun. Lots of clubs and interesting restaurants to choose from. A stay onsite could change your mind...think about it!

rufio

Original Poster
psssht...you're going to be fine. My first Disney trip was in 1975 and almost every year since and I was so pixie dusted I quit school to go work there for one year - then I extended a second year. They basically had to kick me out of the country and threaten to revoke my passport so I would leave...but noooooo....I'm not Disney crazy :hammer:

Seriously though. I would actually think about staying on property at Universal for a couple of nights, you can walk, take a boat or a bus to the parks (the wait times and trip was very short when I was there, though I walked most of the time from Hard Rock) and you get to use the Express Pass lane for almost every ride with your key card. The only time I did not basically walk right onto an attraction was for Harry Potter (of course) and for Twister (because we got there just as the doors were closing)

The hotels are all amazing, you really can't go wrong with any of them though for romance I would do Portofino Bay as someone else suggested. Also City Walk is much more enjoyable than Downtown Disney is for nightime fun. Lots of clubs and interesting restaurants to choose from. A stay onsite could change your mind...think about it!

I would, but I'm a DVC member, so I'll be staying in WDW resorts.

I would LOVE to work for Disney, but I've always worried that it would take the magic out of it.

I_heart_Tigger

I would, but I'm a DVC member, so I'll be staying in WDW resorts.

I would LOVE to work for Disney, but I've always worried that it would take the magic out of it.

Well, that makes sense to stay on Disney property for sure.

It doesn;t take the magic out if you don't let it. The things I saw backstage when I was working did not make a difference to how I toured the park. I could have worked one day and the next day been out in the park and if Snow White waved to me I was like, OH MY GOD SNOW WHITE JUST WAVED AT ME!!!!" :sohappy: Even if I was out drinking with her the night before. :lookaroun

rufio

Original Poster
Well, that makes sense to stay on Disney property for sure.

It doesn;t take the magic out if you don't let it. The things I saw backstage when I was working did not make a difference to how I toured the park. I could have worked one day and the next day been out in the park and if Snow White waved to me I was like, OH MY GOD SNOW WHITE JUST WAVED AT ME!!!!" :sohappy: Even if I was out drinking with her the night before. :lookaroun

That's so awesome! I wish I had that luxury! I'm thinking about convincing my fiance that I NEED to go to grad school in Florida so I can go work there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom