Haven't planned a thing!! Yikes!!

We're leaving a week from tomorrow and I have yet to put any kind of "schedule" in place for our trip. The decision to go was spur of the moment, and I've been so busy trying to get all my ducks in a row on the homefront that I haven't even thought about what to do once we're there. My biggest concern is dining ressies, since we did buy the meal plan and I don't want to lose out on the value of the table service option. I know ressies are hard to get on such short notice...anyone have any best bets or suggestions? We're a small group (DH, myself and DD, 6) so I'm hoping that works in our favor.

Of course, in the spirit in which this trip was booked, I could just "go with the flow"...

Any help appreciated!

NewfieFan

As usual, the Magic boards save the day!

Thanks to y'all's advice I made a list of preferred and alternatives for each park (including nearby resorts when feasible), and with an attitude of being flexible, called the dining line.

Here's where we're at (these are all for different days, obviously):
3:40 PM at Crystal Palace (characters! bonus!)
1:20 PM at Sci Fi Dine In
6:00 PM at Rose & Crown
10:35 AM at Ohana (alien characters! major bonus!)

I feel like this is pretty good even though I'm a little nervous about the Rose & Crown menu.

Thanks to everyone for their advice. I got a good chuckle out of the post about different planning styles...it's so true. And there's no right or wrong way...by taking bits and pieces of advice from all the replies, I've managed to get a plan together and feel like I'm getting value from the DP. Funny thing is DH thinks that this is over-planning!:rolleyes:

I may noodle around with this some more but for now I can relax a little.

Thanks again y'all!

Good job!:sohappy: I think you have made a wise decision making your ADRs. You've got some good restaurants and at decent times!

Why are you nervous about the Rose & Crown? We really enjoyed our meal there last June and our server was great (which is probably why we enjoyed it so much).

I've had lunch at the Crystal Palace before as well and it was also great. The characters were so much fun there (especially Eeyore).

I hope you enjoy all your dining experiences!:wave:

Upvote 0

tmaziarz

get thing ready for November

Make sure you go to WDW and check each resort schedule for the time you are there. some parks are open later on special days.

Our plans look like this so far

MondayTuesdayWednesdayThursdayFridaySaturdaySundayNovember 4thNovember 5thNovember 6thNovember 7thNovember 8thNovember 9thMcCombs family arriveMcCombs familyEpcotMagic kingdomEpcotgoing to down town disneyANIMAL KINGDOM8am breakfast water parkfodd & wine endsDISNEy studiosMaziarz Family arrivedinner MexicoDinner BomaEpcot dinner or magic kingdomPGA GOLF************************************************Fantasmic fireworksepcot fireworks************Fireworks********************** SundayNovember 10thNovember 11thNovember 12thNovember 13thNovember 14thMagic Kingdom Typhoon lagoon OPEN for nowFly homeMcCombs family go homeepcot Grand floridian XMAS PARTY Disney studio 7pm to 12Osbourne lights
DINNER PLANS
Boma Animal Kingdom
Polynesian resort (Ohana)
Princess breakfast at EpcotEpcot Mexico and Italy

Upvote 0

mickey&me

MondayTuesdayWednesdayThursdayFridaySaturdaySundayNovember 4thNovember 5thNovember 6thNovember 7thNovember 8thNovember 9thMcCombs family arriveMcCombs familyEpcotMagic kingdomEpcotgoing to down town disneyANIMAL KINGDOM8am breakfastwater parkfodd & wine endsDISNEy studiosMaziarz Family arrivedinner MexicoDinner BomaEpcot dinner or magic kingdomPGA GOLF************************************************Fantasmic fireworksepcot fireworks************Fireworks********************** SundayNovember 10thNovember 11thNovember 12thNovember 13thNovember 14thMagic Kingdom Typhoon lagoon OPEN for nowFly homeMcCombs family go homeepcotGrand floridianXMAS PARTY Disney studio7pm to 12Osbourne lights
DINNER PLANS
Boma Animal Kingdom
Polynesian resort (Ohana)
Princess breakfast at EpcotEpcot Mexico and Italy

Wow--all those colors make some of your plans kind of hard to read

Upvote 0

janni518

I find it so interesting how people can be so different in their vacation approach. I have been planning every detail for the last 3 mnths. I worked out a touring plan for each day and booked ADR's based on those plans. I have a little notebook with the park hours, the transportation options from and to each park/resort. I have a list of little extras in case we end up with some extra time (for example the outdoor movie viewing at the campground). We will be waking up at 6:30, be at breakfast in our resort by 7:00 and on the bus to the extra magic hour park by 7:30. I have been tracking the weather both historically and forecasted in case I need to adjust my plans. I even made a little recipe card for each day with the list of attractions we want to see and in what order that I can stick in my back pocket. Sounds I know but for me... because of all my planning i will be able to get off the plane, put my brain in neutral, completely relax and just go with my plan.

My husband is the complete opposite... he would want to sleep in until 9-10 and then spend a relaxing (?) hour eating breakfast and then head to the parks. He is very laid back which works for him and it's ironic that what is relaxing for him would give me extreme anxiety. This trip is just myself and two dd's so I am free to plan to my heart's content.

Having taken the thread off-topic I would add that I agree that the resorts might be your best bet for last minute ADR's. Also being flexible about the times. When I was booking mine, the Disney rep was telling me that I would NOT believe how people have gotten downright abusive because they wanted a 6 pm sitting and she could only get them 6:20.

You sound like my hubby and I. I planned the actual trip but he usually does the day to day stuff. He hasn't even started looking at it yet.Leaving on 5/21...We have no ADRs made but we also don't do the dining plan, the few places we wanted to eat don't take reservations anyway.

I'm pretty sure we won't starve...

Upvote 0

figmentmom

Thanks to y'all's advice I made a list of preferred and alternatives for each park (including nearby resorts when feasible), and with an attitude of being flexible, called the dining line.

I feel like this is pretty good even though I'm a little nervous about the Rose & Crown menu.

Thanks to everyone for their advice. I got a good chuckle out of the post about different planning styles...it's so true. And there's no right or wrong way...by taking bits and pieces of advice from all the replies, I've managed to get a plan together and feel like I'm getting value from the DP. Funny thing is DH thinks that this is over-planning!:rolleyes:

Thanks again y'all!

Looks like fun, and a good variety of experiences. Have a great trip! :wave:

Upvote 0

wvdisneyfamily

Thanks again y'all!

Make sure you get a milkshake and a sundae at the Sci-Fi! :slurp:

Upvote 0

Philo

I wouldn't be nervous at the Rose & Crown menu - it's all good food and less 'risky' than other places in WS.

When it comes to planning I tend to spend alot of time from before we even book the trip planning what to do and when. I get hold of touring plans, I make touring plans, I get info on bus travel times etc and then when we arrive it all goes out the window and we just go with the flow.

I guess I like to plan for a 'worst case' scenario but most of all I just like to plan to learn new things along the way.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom