Have YOU spotted a MagicBand recently?

G00fyDad

Can't wait to see everyone getting carried away with spending using those bands!

Could it be worse than the ones that already do the same thing with their KttW card? I don't really see many more people putting money on these bands than already do with the KttW card.

lazyboy97o

Could it be worse than the ones that already do the same thing with their KttW card? I don't really see many more people putting money on these bands than already do with the KttW card.
The wristband systems have been sold for a few years on their unease of use that results in spending. It's another step removed and so for enough people there is less hesitation to spend versus cash or something more associated with money like a card.

G00fyDad

The wristband systems have been sold for a few years on their unease of use that results in spending. It's another step removed and so for enough people there is less hesitation to spend versus cash or something more associated with money like a card.

I get your point, but what I mean is I doubt any more people will be putting money on these bands than already do with the cards. But I do see your point. It is one less step when using the band so it will be easier. However, if someone is so foolish to simply charge, charge, charge, and charge some more without keeping a good track of what they are spending then they should never put money on the band/card.

lazyboy97o

I get your point, but what I mean is I doubt any more people will be putting money on these bands than already do with the cards. But I do see your point. It is one less step when using the band so it will be easier. However, if someone is so foolish to simply charge, charge, charge, and charge some more without keeping a good track of what they are spending then they should never put money on the band/card.
It's been a few years since I stayed on property, but I do not recall placing a set amount into the system, just associating my credit card to it. There was a daily spending limit, but I recall it being relatively high and easy to get around.

G00fyDad

It's been a few years since I stayed on property, but I do not recall placing a set amount into the system, just associating my credit card to it. There was a daily spending limit, but I recall it being relatively high and easy to get around.

I think you can now add a set amount of money to your account. I think I heard that somewhere. I've never done that because we go off property a lot so I don;t want all of my money tied up in the account at Disney.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer

It's not a gift card. It's linked to a credit card.

GrimGrinningGhost15

Im not really into the idea of my magic band, it sounds like they require a lot MORE planning than what already goes into planning a WDW trip. Will the people that decide not to the the band miss out on more things or have to wait in longer lines if people are planning their fast passes at home? They also look uncomfortable, Im not a wrist watch person, and they look like large bright colored watches... I don't know how to really feel about the bands right now.

G00fyDad

Im not really into the idea of my magic band, it sounds like they require a lot MORE planning than what already goes into planning a WDW trip. Will the people that decide not to the the band miss out on more things or have to wait in longer lines if people are planning their fast passes at home? They also look uncomfortable, Im not a wrist watch person, and they look like large bright colored watches... I don't know how to really feel about the bands right now.

No. The KttW card will do everything the band will do. You just wear one and not the other. You don't have to plan anything with either one. It just offers more options if you choose to plan.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Gift card?? What are you talking about?? I am saying that they (I've heard) allow you to put actual cash at the front desk onto your KttW card.

Which essentially turns it into a gift card.

Most "guests" will not be doing that. Instead, they will just link a CC to the bracelet. In fact, when you do online check in, you are asked for a CC to link up.

Tigger19

I'm actually excited for magic bands! I think it's a step forward in the right direction for Disney! Of course it will take a while (and a couple mistakes) to work properly, just like everything else but I'm really excited. We don't plan anything when we go and usually just fast pass rides if there is a long queue but it will be really handy to be able to check the wait times on your phone and fast pass from across the park, giving more time to go on more rides.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I'm actually excited for magic bands! I think it's a step forward in the right direction for Disney! Of course it will take a while (and a couple mistakes) to work properly, just like everything else but I'm really excited. We don't plan anything when we go and usually just fast pass rides if there is a long queue but it will be really handy to be able to check the wait times on your phone and fast pass from across the park, giving more time to go on more rides.
They are adding more rides? Well that would have me frothing at the gash too.

GrimGrinningGhost15

I think once I know more about it I will like it... I have only been to DW once and am planning my 2nd trip right now so I just want it to be as wonderful as it was last year when I went so change scares me!! Its WDW though so no matter what it will be awesome.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom