Have YOU spotted a MagicBand recently?

Ariel484

My fear would be what if they slip off your wrist easily and then someone finds it and starts to use it, charging all their purchases on it until you report it missing.
I thought they were looking into having a pin code associated with it...
I think the pin code thing is right. We were staying at WDW in January (without bands) and had next gen thing where you hold your room key up to the machine and you can charge to the room (described that really poorly, sorry)...we had to associate a pin code with it and I picked the code and relayed it incorrectly to my husband and he was dumbfounded as to why he couldn't charge anything to the room...OOPS. :oops: :p

So the codes definitely work the way they should!

G00fyDad

Awesome. Now if I'm hungry waiting in line I can sustain myself by eating my magic band.

I think I'll just hook the band to my purse or belt loop. There is no way I'm wearing it.

Or you could (I can't believe this needs being said, again) opt for the KttW card and not even take a bracelet. ;)

prfctlyximprct

You will also not HAVE to get it in band form, though I think that'd be easiest. If you've ever been to any all inclusive resort you are required to wear a wristband, really NOT that bad. Disney will offer watches, keychains, and other jewelry that can serve as your band. Disney pretty much covered every concern.

G00fyDad

You will also not HAVE to get it in band form, though I think that'd be easiest. If you've ever been to any all inclusive resort you are required to wear a wristband, really NOT that bad. Disney will offer watches, keychains, and other jewelry that can serve as your band. Disney pretty much covered every concern.

God I hope that is a joke.

G00fyDad

I hope it isn't, because I'm not wearing a band. A keychain maybe, but if I get a band its going in my pocket, not on my wrist.

Holy crap. Okay folks, gonna say it once more for the cheap seats. Everyone needs to stop the "either/or" attitude.

You do not have to have the Magic Band.
You do not have to take the bracelet if you do not want to.
Disney is not going to make you take the bracelet.
You can get a KttW card just as before and use its new RFID capabilities.

Everyone keeps talking about how ed they are going to be about having to wear the bracelet. At first it was kind of amusing to see people upset about it, but now it is just annoying. You do not have to wear the bracelet. So if you go down there, stand in line at guest registration, ask for a bracelet, then get upset and stick it in your pocket then that is on you. You don't have to take one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom