Have you seen what the Matterhorn is going through?

George Lucas on a Bench

I'm not sure what wood people are seeing? The mountain is a steel building. There isn't any wood in it.

d8f1a2f0d31dc44f84b7cb998faca775.jpg

Wow. American Bridge. Apparently they also built the Tappan Zee Bridge in New York roughly around the same time, which was in such poor shape not only a decade ago, it was close to collapsing and in need of a massive restoration...

;)

mickEblu

Was this a real word back then? Has me thinking as time passes we re kind of just left with big moments in history or what was really popular during a certain time period in history. But I wonder how much of the mundane stuff gets passed down? Or things that were just flashes in the pan like perhaps using the word “funable?” Specifically asking the older gentleman here. Won’t name names.

@Darkbeer
@TP2000
@Old Mouseketeer
@Rich T
@lazyboy97o

EDIT:
@Practical Pig

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

How often are the roller coasters inspected for safety?
Every day.

Why would they do a pull test on the concrete? They would have to do every surface of the mountain. No one does that to every other building in the world.
You would do it in areas where you are concerned about water intrusion.

Wow. American Bridge. Apparently they also built the Tappan Zee Bridge in New York roughly around the same time, which was in such poor shape not only a decade ago, it was close to collapsing and in need of a massive restoration...

;)
Good steel was diverted to the Korean War effort.

Phroobar

Was this a real word back then? Has me thinking as time passes we re kind of just left with big moments in history or what was really popular during a certain time period in history. But I wonder how much of the mundane stuff gets passed down? Or things that were just flashes in the pan like perhaps using the word “funable?” Specifically asking the older gentleman here. Won’t name names.

@Darkbeer
@TP2000
@Old Mouseketeer
@Rich T
@lazyboy97o
I'm glad I'm not one of the older gentlemen here.
What was it like seeing live dinosaurs on the train?

lazyboy97o

@Darkbeer
@TP2000
@Old Mouseketeer
@Rich T
@lazyboy97o
How old do you think I am?

NobodyElse

@Darkbeer
@TP2000
@Old Mouseketeer
@Rich T
@lazyboy97o

Funable is really just a close relation to Funner, CA.

All part of the same marketing family tree.

Sailor310

Why would they do a pull test on the concrete? They would have to do every surface of the mountain. No one does that to every other building in the world.
..because it's attached to wood that might have rotted behind it, or it might be sloughing off,.... like happened

Rich T

I can’t remember ever hearing the word “funable” growing up. I do, however, remember for brief periods common tv-related catch phrases in the schoolyard included “Uh-Oh, Chongo!” and “Helllp meee Mister Wizaarrrrrd!” And everyone knew the lyrics to “Has Anybody Here Got An Aardvark?”

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I can’t remember ever hearing the word “funable” growing up. I do, however, remember for brief periods common tv-related catch phrases in the schoolyard included “Uh-Oh, Chongo!” and “Helllp meee Mister Wizaarrrrrd!” And everyone knew the lyrics to “Has Anybody Here Got An Aardvark?”

Wow Banna Splits!

SirWillow

This 59 year old knows how to search...

59!?

you re a spring chicken.

Just turned 50. I qualify for AARP. I even get a free ice cream cone at the Habbit this month.

I was actually pleased I was left off of that list. lol Though I'm going to be matching Phrubruh here in about 3 months.

You're only as old as you think. I used to say feel, but there are times my body is starting to tell me I feel older than I want to feel. I can still wear out the kids on a day at a theme park though!

Last edited by a moderator:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom