Have you experienced a WDW honeymoon?

MeTa

I have experience an engagement trip there, but the honeymoon will have Disneyland in the experience. We are stopping there on our way to Hawaii

Highland_Holly

We honeymooned there in 1992... and stayed at the Yacht Club. It was amazing! We were so pampered! They weren't doing the top hat/veil w/ears thing then so we didn't partake... but lots of CM's were made aware it was our honeymoon and we did manage to get lots of attention.

We were there during the opening of Splash Mountain too... and our local radio station was broadcasting from there. They interviewed us on-air. Pretty cool. :^)

Holly

MeTa

My parents had thier whole honeymoon at Disneyworld in 1979. Funny to look back at thier pictures and see how it has changed. I still get the story everytime we walk over the bridge into adventurland...."Me and your father took our picture here on our honeymoon."

YensidJDG

In 2002, My wife and I honeymooned at the Boardwalk for a week, then went on the DCL Eastern Carribean Cruise for a week. We ate at all the nice restaurants around the property which was a real treat, however my favorite treatment was on the cruise. Our cabin host was great each day he left us different notes propped up on whatever towel animal he made, we were given special pins, and we were sat with other honeymooners at dinner seatings.

We also got re-hitched at the Garden Grill for our 2nd anniversary...it's a shame they did away with it. That was a lot of fun also.

-Yensid

NeedABreak

Manders said:
I can't wait til I have some honeymoon stories to share!! Only 89 more days and mine starts! We got engaged at WDW in May and can't wait to get back!

We are getting there for our honeymoon just a few days before you guys. We should meet up and all wear bride/groom ears for a photo on splash mountain!

Can't wait!

arielbabe

when i went to all star movies in 2004 the room next door to us had cinderella balloons and an autographed congatulations and enjoy your honeymoon card from mickey and minnie tied onto the door handle

MinnieMommy

We were there for our honeymoon in July 1995! I remember going to the Poly for the Luau! I got a special leigh and we got to go on stage and have a dance during the dinner show. I remember our first day in the parks was a hot, crowded day at EPCOT. We got back to the room that night and I remember thinking, "Maybe this was a mistake, maybe we should have gone somewhere more relaxing." Then, in our room was a signed picture f Mickey and Minnie saying Have a Magical Honeymoon! That did it for us - the little touches like that make such a difference! At the time, as many have said, there wasn't the emphasis on honeymooners, but we did do a honeymoon package which included a dinner and romance basket! It was also great to meet other couples who were there honeymooning! It was a magical honeymoon! I also like the suggestions of ending your land visit with the cruise. We just returned from a cruise for our "belated" 10th anniversary. The most relaxing, wonderful vacation we've ever had!! We ended it with a day and night at - where else - WDW!!! :sohappy:

WDWHMFan

My wife and I were married in '98 and spent a week at GF. The room was perfect, including an incredible view of the castle, poly, and contemp. We enjoyed an awsome dinner at Victoria & Alberts. I've never had anything else come close to as perfect a dinner since then. Ok, except for last week when we ejoyed a dinner at California Grill (wow, is all I can say). Durring our stay we ate everything we could our hands on and walk our butts off. It was perfect for a couple of Disney nuts. We are hooked on disney and recently took our 3rd trip with our two children (2yrs. & 8yrs.). I definately recommend WDW for a honeymoon trip.

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

jaw4789

We went in Oct 05 2 weeks for ours!!

We loved it we got so much free stuff!!! The first night we came back to the hotel we had balloons and a signed card from Mickey and Minnie. We wore the pins since it was too hot to wear our hats! We got champagne in almost every restaurant go to the front of a few lines. GOt asked all the time if we wanted pics done with the characters! Got special seating for firworks! Got free speical cups in the Rainforest :wave:

Manders

Carrotski said:
My new wife and I will be going on our honeymoon next weeked, staying at the AKL. I was just wondering what the "Magical Memories" pins are and how do you get them?

I know there are pins/buttons that a lot of people wear instead of, or with, the bride and groom ears. I believe you can get them at Guest Services at any of the parks.

Carrotski

Manders said:
I know there are pins/buttons that a lot of people wear instead of, or with, the bride and groom ears. I believe you can get them at Guest Services at any of the parks.

Thanks for the reply. We were thinking of getting the bride and groom ears but thought they might be a bit uncomfortable to wear all the time so pins would be quite handy.

tinkish

My fiance and I are going on our honeymoon in November of this year! We are going to stay at AKL. Thanks to all who shared their honeymoon experiences. It sounds like it's going to be fun!

Erika

We went in 2000. We'd just bought a house and paid for most of our wedding so we tried to keep it relatively inexpensive. We stayed at Caribbean Beach and our one big splurge was the luau.

We got a signed picture/card from the mice and I think that did it for the freebies. But it was a great trip. Whether you go all out or not, you'll have fun. How could you not? :eek:

Oh, and we totally left our room, are you kidding? That's a lot of money. We can do that other stuff any old time :lol:

LPK

LVROFDSNY said:
I was just wondering what people's experiences have been for a WDW honeymoon. Where did you stay? When did you go? Where did you eat? Did you do anything special? What did disney do for you? Anything else you wanted to share. I was just interested! Thanks
Adding onto them questions; What did you do? :lookaroun

diddy_mouse

Our honeymoon was October last year and it was the second best trip *ever* (first being when I was proposed to). We got bride and groom ears as a pre-wedding present and wore them through Dulles Airport, MCO, and all day the first day. They did get kinda hot, but they were worth it!

We didn't get too many little perks, but we did get a nice standing ovation when we got onto on the of the boats heading to DTD from POFQ. The resort was very romantic. We did get some wait times cut in half, like when we went to lunch at Rainforest Cafe and dinner at CA Grill was *wonderfull.* Great spot to watch "Wishes."

Yeah, we probably could have milked the fact that it was our honeymoon...but, we still had so much fun regardless! :D

Dwarful

We were married in May of 95 and honeymooned at Disney. We did the luau and at first my husband was NOT going to go on stage. Well, another older couple sitting next to us said something to a CM and next thing I know there were several girls dragging him onstage! so funny! We also got the signed 5 x 7 photo and a few other things. We came home with lots of great things and that special "little souvineer" arrived 9mths. later. ;)

Last year we celebrated our tenth wedding anniversary at WDW this time with two daughters and one niece in tow! Got more freebies on that trip than we did when we were married...balloons, an autographed 10th anniversary card, a goodie basket etc.

Of course we go as often as possible (considering were from the midwest)...and back in 95 Disney honeymoons were not as popular as they are now. We got several "your kidding right?" but I wouldn't trade a WDW honeymoon for anywhere else in the world ...although my second choice was Scotland and I still haven't made it there yet...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom