Have you ever been stuck or evacuated from a ride?

Missymoe4

Original Poster
In a post I was recently reading, a member stated that while on The Great Movie ride, the car stopped and had trouble moving through the rest of the ride after the cowboy scene.

Anyhow, this got me to thinking...have you ever been "stuck" on a ride or had one break down while on it? What ride was it and for how long?

I, myself, two summers in a row was stuck on Splash Mountain, both times ending in evacuation. The first time a CM told my brother and I that someone on the way down the big fall stood up in a boat, which hit the sensors, stopping the entire ride. It was fun for a short while, watching the boats being evacuated, but after 20 minutes of hearing How Do You Do...it got quite annoying. (Don't get me wrong, I love the music, but being cramped in a log, it got on my nerves)

Upon evacuation, we were able to walk through back stage Splash...I do think I snapped a few pictures because I thought that it was the coolest thing to see the innerworkings of Splash (okay, it was just a bunch of tubes and the other side of "rocks," none-the-less exciting.) And all were given a free fastpass.

Anyhow...do you have a story to share?

DSNYKID

We got stuck on Peter Pan for about 10 minutes. It was right by the scene of the Indians near Tee Pees. We heard banging Indian drums the whole time with the exception of when the ride auto attendant voice would loudly remind those stuck to remain seated.

It was kinda fun!

bsandersjr

We got stuck on IASW two years ago, right as we entered the first room.
Needless to say, we didn't ride it on our last visit.

joanna71985

Oh, I just thought of another one. It wasn't technically "stuck", but I was on the GMR and it stopped in between the Tarzan and Casablanca (?) rooms. You could hear Tarzan yodeling in the background, and I was ready to hurt myself.

ErickainPA

As you already read in the other post. We were stuck for at least 10 mins in GMR with a car that was refusing to go, got maintenanced as soon as we unloaded.

MonoRon

I know it's not a mechanical problem but I've never rode SSE without it stopping. I've been on dinosaur and had to be evacuated. They turned on all of the lights and we had to walk to the exit. It was really interesting to see the ride with all of the lights on.

DSNYKID

I know it's not a mechanical problem but I've never rode SSE without it stopping. I've been on dinosaur and had to be evacuated. They turned on all of the lights and we had to walk to the exit. It was really interesting to see the ride with all of the lights on.

Those stops on SSE are due to the fact that they stop the ride to let wheel chair people board. The ride is quite long so it's bound to have someone in a wheelchair board while you are up in the ball!

MiceysBestPal

Two different times on ToT. Both times in the "crossover" room.

Had to wait for a CM to come up with lap-top computer to connect to the vehicle to unlock the belts. Went out a door to the "chicken exit" elevator to exit.

Once on BTM at the bottom of the lift-hill at the mine with the falling ceiling effects.
Walked out behind the scenes. COOL!

We've been stuck on TTA numerous times, but we NEVER GET STUCK GOING INSIDE Space Mountain when the lights are on in there!!! Just ONCE I want to get stuck INSIDE Space Mountain when the lights are ON!!!! To be evacuated from TTA.......nothing really exciting either......no great behind the scenes stuff. :brick:

MacDuffieMuppet

got stuck? got evacuated? Join the club :)

i have been stuck and evacuated on many rides.

my "favorite" was kali river rapids in the middle of a summer afternoon on the lift hill. we were the 4th boat and it happend to be the handicapped one and since they needed to fill the boat my cousin i were choosen to fill in the last to seat so we had to wait for the fire dept to help the wheel chair bound riders out of the boat. we got free fastpasses at tons of water. ( i did not like it at all. it was at least 85 out and in direct sunlight. best of all it was my first time on the ride.

this past winter i was evaced at the beginning of space mountain were you can see the line and stuck on splash for 10.

its common for rides to break down so its not a big deal since i have been there alot. but i would like to see the inside of a ride.

SewIn2Disney

I was stuck on Pirates in January for over an hour. We were stuck right under the hanging hairy leg. Finally, a CM in flood pants got into the water and started pulling our boats back a few scenes, and we were allowed to walk though the scene to exit out back. It was night so I was unable to sneak a few pics. We were not given a fastpass for our troubles though :(...it was a different experience though!
Also on the same trip, we noticed that SM was closed, so we jumped onto TTA and got some pics and video of Space Mtn with the lights on. It was the hilight of the day!

jtced

Got stuck on Small World in DisneyLand on New Years Eve. Don't remeber what country it was, but it took me 12 years and a child to finally ride it again.

I got stuck on Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin. At first i didnt mind but after awhile the sound effects got really annoying. Everytime the ride started moving again it would stop after we moved 3 feet! They never evaccuated us though. Being stuck in the same spot for a long time made me get a really high score though lol :lol: .

figmentfan

During Grad Night in 1999, I got stuck on Small World. The music kept playing, and playing, and playing, and playing......

Finally a CM came out and she told us it will be a couple of minutes. We were stuck in between Africa and South American Scene right underneath the giant Elephant.

We pleaded with the CM to turn off the music, she made a phone call and she did. THANK YOU! Then there were chaperons on my boat and they said they had to meet their group, so the whole boat was allowed to exit. We walked through a door by the Africa scene to a backroom, where the extra boats were being housed. The we came out an exit door by the old Sky Way building.

JML42691

I have, but it was not in Disney. It was in The Great Escape in NY (figures, a SixFlags park). It was the 2nd day the ride was open and after we passed through a brake section our train came to a screeching hault. My arm slammed off of the metal restraint bar and it was swollen for a long time(about a week). We had to walk down some stairs and out an emergency exit door back into the park. From what we heard, the ride didn't open for over a week after the stopping.

I know it is only when handicap people board, but whenever we stop on HM, it is always during the glass ball scene. Go figure

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom