Have we done this video, yet? Fight Breaks Out at Walt Disney World Ferry

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So it's Disney's fault now when adults can't handle the stress and start fighting? Some of you posters can make a pretzel out of all the ways you can twist things.
They actually don’t care what lengths you go to in an attempt to look “loyal”…you understand that, correct? You won’t get paid more per hour.
They advertise themselves as a world-class vacation destination. What part of that should EVER be stressful?
Stress free? Maybe not…but bottlenecking people into pre-set hours to sell “after hours”?

that is hard to make excuses for.
Plenty of world-class vacation destinations entail crowds, expense, and planning (which is what people seem to mean here when they refer to stress). Venice, London, and New York are just three that come to mind.
Those are not controlled environments owned by one autonomous company….guess what wdw is?
I just went to a baseball game and my team got blown out. All the commercials made my team look good!

Naturally I got into a fist fight on my way out and it's my team's fault.
Yikes…save some knee cartilage for later in life…it’s a wise investment

sullyinMT

I fully agree with this. The only thing I'm questioning is the idea that Disney is somehow setting the scene for such behaviour.
To be fair, I don’t think it’s just Disney. The commercials for Air BnB would make you think that a mountain cabin rental is opening you up to a world of chalets and relaxation. I can tell you from personal experience that those places are often VERY enjoyable, but you and your family had better be used to rustic and fill your tank as you leave the highway. And maybe try 2-3 nights before you splurge on a fortnight in a “charming rustic cabin” in southeastern Idaho.

People should do their research. And travel within their means. But WDW has become this right of passage pilgrimage to the American parent, and many will stop at no logic to get Harper and Madison to Orlando.

ImperfectPixie

I still don't understand what you would have Disney do exactly.
1) Make some earnest attempt to create new capacity of all types, and 2) not go for the throat with surge/demand pricing and across-the-board price hikes while the experience is still pretty dang miserable a lot of the time.

ETA: CHILL THE HELL OUT on building resort rooms, and quit the advertising blitzes.

EDIT 2: I realize that we're in a pandemic, and things are wonky right now.

Roy G. Dis

They actually don’t care what lengths you go to in an attempt to look “loyal”…you understand that, correct? You won’t get paid more per hour.

You sound a little salty that Disney is paying me good money to try to diffuse your obviously correct conclusions about how this violence is all their fault.

They sent me a bounty with SirWalterRaleigh on it.

Or was that Queen Elizabeth I? Just trying to play along with you in this Shutter Island reboot.

dreday3

They advertise themselves as a world-class vacation destination. What part of that should EVER be stressful?

If you really think this fight had to do with the "stressors of a Disney vacation" you really need to get out and experience life beyond your bubble.

My god. It was a people who got in each other's faces over something stupid. Have none of you really ever seen this before? Did you go to high school???

ImperfectPixie

If you really think this fight had to do with the "stressors of a Disney vacation" you really need to get out and experience life beyond your circle.

My god. It was a people who got in each other's faces over something stupid. Have none of you really ever seen this before?
For the love of God. I don't think that's why the fight happened.

dreday3

For the love of God. I don't think that's why the fight happened.

You could have fooled me.

You're all trying to turn this into a socioeconomic issue.

Someone got mad at something someone said. Maybe a misunderstanding, maybe not. A fight ensued.

That's it.

Last edited:

ImperfectPixie

You could have fooled me.
Well, a case could be made that even Disney themselves know there are capacity and satisfaction problems going on in the parks and that they've been escalating, and they've yet to do anything to actually address those problems, and in fact have directly contributed to making them worse...so in a way, they are partially responsible for the amount of stress surrounding a visit to WDW. (I'm not excusing the behavior AT ALL...just giving credit for stress levels where it's due.)

Please note the bolded.

celluloid

Are there costumed security on the Ferries consistently? If not, that IS something that CAN and SHOULD be done. I don't recall seeing them consistently. But that alone is a deterrent and resource for many things that could occur.

sullyinMT

If you really think this fight had to do with the "stressors of a Disney vacation" you really need to get out and experience life beyond your bubble.

My god. It was a people who got in each other's faces over something stupid. Have none of you really ever seen this before? Did you go to high school???
I think there is merit to believing that poorly managed expectations or a poorly managed day (limited rest, dehydration, unaccustomed to the FL heat) prior to someone getting in someone else’s face over something trivial led to this little NHL style skirmish. HS fights happened for the same reason. Bad test, crappy parents at breakfast, Teddy says something dumb to a classmate and “it’s on.” Same thing here in the most Magical Place on Earth.

ImperfectPixie

You all must have grown up in Mayberry. 😂
Nope. I've just seen my fair share of people losing it on their families over something ridiculously stupid because "We're going to get our money's worth out of this trip!!!" And if you don't think people packed into the parks, long waits everywhere you turn, and other conditions in the parks don't contribute to that occurring, then you've got blinders on.

dreday3

Nope. I've just seen my fair share of people losing it on their families over something ridiculously stupid because "We're going to get our money's worth out of this trip!!!" And if you don't think people packed into the parks, long waits everywhere you turn, and other conditions in the parks don't contribute to that occurring, then you've got blinders on.

Yeah.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom