Have Deluxe Accommodations Spoiled Future Visits

ddbowdoin

In just a couple of short months my girlfriend and I will be joining her parents for a 6 night stay at the Beach Club Villas.

I have never stayed on site before... what to expect? what to expect?

My biggest fear is the following:

This place will be so AWESOME that I will never enjoy staying anywhere else again. I always stay in pretty cheap, although nice, offsite accommodations.

:shrug::shrug:

disneygirl1

I have only ever stayed on site, and have stayed at all levels... Value, Moderate and Deluxe. I will say that I love staying deluxe now that I have had the opportunity to do so, but at the end of the day, I will stay any level just as long as I can go to Disney. :)

Upvote 0

mickey2008.1

Were part of the deluxe snob club too! The size of the rooms, service, and conveniences they offer are awesome. A bit pricey, but worth it for two adults. We have stayed at all levels, and this year with kids, its back to a moderate, but our favorite CBR. Like someone said, as long as your at disney, who cares!!!!!!!!!!:ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

mycatspot

I have also stayed on and off site, and in all the levels of resorts while on site. I personally prefer staying on site for the convenience. I also prefer staying in a deluxe 2 or 3 bedroom villa.

My children, however, FAR prefer the value resorts! They think they are more "Disney", more "child-friendly" and more "fun". At the end of our recent Christmas trip, my son asked if we could stay at an All Star resort (value) on our next trip in January. He just prefers the pool action there to the remote locations of some resorts (we were at Saratoga Springs in Congress Park with a view of Downtown Disney and the lake).

Upvote 0

moonchild925

ok I have a variety of perspectives to offer here. The first time I went to wdw as an adult on my own dime I was about 22 and did exhaustive research online to ge the best deal. I found a very nice hotel (offsite) for a steal and we had a great time. then my next 3 trips because, obviously after that first one I was hooked I stayed at POR, Pop, and POFQ in that order. It opened my eyes! Then I was lucky enough to stay at akl and then bought into dvc.....so i have the full on sickness. anyways my point is this....yes staying in deluxes spoils you BUT.....going forward if my choice were a suite offsite or a value on property I would just at least go value on... the sheer whimsy and choice of disney transportation are imo worth it. the service is stellar no matter the level and honestly while I love the "extra" touches in the deluxe/dvc rooms I am such a rabid park tourist that I don't spend any more time in my fancy room vs. my cheap room....I like the opton of being able to do the ddp, even though I sneak to waffle house and joe's crab shack because we don't have either in NY :( but really i think you should enjoy the deluxe and whatever your personal budget affords, know that it will be great if you make it great! disney seems to help with that even if you can only afford an all star or pop. Enjoy your trip and let us know how you feel when you get back!

Upvote 0
My children, however, FAR prefer the value resorts! They think they are more "Disney", more "child-friendly" and more "fun". At the end of our recent Christmas trip, my son asked if we could stay at an All Star resort (value) on our next trip in January. He just prefers the pool action there to the remote locations of some resorts (we were at Saratoga Springs in Congress Park with a view of Downtown Disney and the lake).

I just had this talk with my children today! We stayed at SSR last year too and everyone enjoyed themselves but the kids would have rather had a value resort! my DD14 wants to stay at All Star Movies and my DD11 wants Music. They say the last room didn't have as much of a disney feel to it. As for me, DH and DD18, we want to stay at POFQ or if we had the money, Beach Club.
The younger ones won though since its their birthday trip :rolleyes:

anyways we are still open to staying at values even though we stayed at a moderate. Like others have said, at least you'll be in Disney(and on disney property too)

Upvote 0

scottnj1966

In just a couple of short months my girlfriend and I will be joining her parents for a 6 night stay at the Beach Club Villas.

I have never stayed on site before... what to expect? what to expect?

My biggest fear is the following:

This place will be so AWESOME that I will never enjoy staying anywhere else again. I always stay in pretty cheap, although nice, offsite accommodations.

:shrug::shrug:

It wont spoil future visits but you will love it.
Now if you were staying at one of the monorail resorts, that's another story.

http://www.bigfloridacountry.com/theresorts.htm

Upvote 0

alanbrai

I have stayed in the contemporary resort three time and Wilderness Lodge once thenstayed at Pop Century twice because I fell in love with the theme when I visited there on one of my deluxe stays. I do not miss any part of a deluxe resort as a matter of fact I do not plan on staying at one again. I think staying out of deluxe it has enhanced my visits and not spoiled them.

Upvote 0

dixiegirl

Pretty much :ROFLOL: You will soon be joining he deluxe snob club...welcome :p :lookaroun

Ha Ha count me in on that!!!! Being DVC members since 06 never seen the big deal until we stayed in a deluxe..Oh yeah SPOILED!!!

Funny when you were writing you sounded like my nephew, him and his wife will be staying with us at SSR . We got a two bedroom so they can have their own space , and we can have ours. But they we gonna look into the value resorts and well hubby being the great guy he is said "why not just stay with us" . They love the idea, have'nt been since 06, money has been tight.But They have'nt done a "real " vacation in quite a few years....So they offered to buy the Groceries, which is great ( we usually go Garden Grocer). . So after hubby got off the phone with DVC we figured we were gonna have to buy extra points, and have the nephew pay the difference, which was still cheaper than staying at a Value..Well needless to say We're not telling my Nephew that he owes us nothing...Cost us nothing extra which is fab!!!
So allthe money he thinks he has to pay will actually be going to their plane tickets!!!
I belive their gonna be part of the Deluxe snob club!!!

Upvote 0

TxNewsies

We usually stay at moderate resorts and we LOVE POR. We then tried Contemporary Resort a couple years ago. We loved our view (MK) and monorail but that was it. We found ourselves at times missing the moderate resorts. However, we just stayed at WL last month and feel in love with the resort! Our absolute fav! If we can afford it - we would always go back and stay there (greatful for discount which allowed us to upgrade to WL).

Although, we do find ourselves now wanting to try out different deluxe resorts - but we have no problem staying at a moderate resort - we love Port Orleans too much.

Upvote 0

gallerie

We have stayed in at least half of the Disney Resorts. Our last trip in December staying at Port Orleans has turned us into a Snob Club member. Service was horrible, rooms are broken down, buses are crowded and food was mediocre. Back to the Deluxes forever for us, even if it means fewer trips due to the expense. Deluxes only have the Disney service, attention to detail, and the "magic" the moderates and values are missing. I don't want a bunch of hassles and problems at the resort when I get back from the parks like we had this last time. Spoils the whole trip for me

Upvote 0

lilclerk

We usually stay at moderate resorts and we LOVE POR. We then tried Contemporary Resort a couple years ago. We loved our view (MK) and monorail but that was it. We found ourselves at times missing the moderate resorts. However, we just stayed at WL last month and feel in love with the resort! Our absolute fav! If we can afford it - we would always go back and stay there (greatful for discount which allowed us to upgrade to WL).

Although, we do find ourselves now wanting to try out different deluxe resorts - but we have no problem staying at a moderate resort - we love Port Orleans too much.
This happened to me too. I'd always stayed in Values (plus one quick stay at CSR,) and last year I was lucky enough to be able to stay at WL and the Beach Club.
I was completely blown away by the WL and would jump at the chance to stay there again.
But the Beach Club had me missing Pop :lol: Not that the resort was bad in any way - the pool and walk to Epcot are unbeatable - but it just wasn't my cup of tea. I'm excited to be heading back to Pop in May. I'm not a deluxe snob but I'm certainly an on-site snob.

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

We have stayed in at least half of the Disney Resorts. Our last trip in December staying at Port Orleans has turned us into a Snob Club member. Service was horrible, rooms are broken down, buses are crowded and food was mediocre. Back to the Deluxes forever for us, even if it means fewer trips due to the expense. Deluxes only have the Disney service, attention to detail, and the "magic" the moderates and values are missing. I don't want a bunch of hassles and problems at the resort when I get back from the parks like we had this last time. Spoils the whole trip for me

Could not agree more!!! We had issue also at POFQ back in 2009 and said we would not return to anything but Deluxes...so now i will be able to try the ones we have not been to!!! I cant wait!!!!

Upvote 0

Computer Magic

Ha Ha count me in on that!!!! Being DVC members since 06 never seen the big deal until we stayed in a deluxe..Oh yeah SPOILED!!!

Funny when you were writing you sounded like my nephew, him and his wife will be staying with us at SSR . We got a two bedroom so they can have their own space , and we can have ours. But they we gonna look into the value resorts and well hubby being the great guy he is said "why not just stay with us" . They love the idea, have'nt been since 06, money has been tight.But They have'nt done a "real " vacation in quite a few years....So they offered to buy the Groceries, which is great ( we usually go Garden Grocer). . So after hubby got off the phone with DVC we figured we were gonna have to buy extra points, and have the nephew pay the difference, which was still cheaper than staying at a Value..Well needless to say We're not telling my Nephew that he owes us nothing...Cost us nothing extra which is fab!!!
So allthe money he thinks he has to pay will actually be going to their plane tickets!!!
I belive their gonna be part of the Deluxe snob club!!!
Great story and how nice of you to do this for your Nephew.

I think the decrease of Disney quality of non Deluxe has placed me into the Deluxe snob. I just don't get the same service at a non Deluxe resort. I used to before 2002.

Upvote 0

DisneyparkFreak

My wife and I stayed at the GF for our honeymoon back in 04. The great thing about staying a a Deluxe especially around the MK is convenience and IMO that is what you are paying for. The question you have to ask yourself is how are you going to vacation? If you are going to just sleep in your room, then do a moderate or value. I prefer CSR, to us its almost a Deluxe anyway. It has a spa, workout facilities, great food court and private pools that actually are quiet. Why would you want to spend $300+ a night to just sleep there? Now if you were going slow and wanting to spend 1/3 or 1/2 your time there, well then thats another story.

Values are just that values, however the deluxe resorts are not deluxe on average. I've stayed in by far better hotels in Atlanta, Chicago, St. Louis and LA that we 1/3=1/2 the cost with better beds, linens, ammendities then even the GF could provide. The one thing DR's dont do anymore is turn down w/candy on your pillow. You only find that when you book consigere which is by far more expensive then a standard room at the same resort... why pay $200+ more for turn down service?

Just my 2 cents...

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom