Have a look at my itinerary please

suzie

Hi

I have finally finished my itinerary for our trip scheduled from August 10th to August 15th.

I would be extremely be grateful if you would have a look at it and tell me if its ok.

I value all of your opinions. You have helped me immensely.

Thanking you in advance.

FIRST TIME TO DISNEY

3 ADULTS AND 2 CHILDREN 8 AND 9

POP CENTURY RESORT

FLYING WITH WESTJET

Thursday 10-08-06

Arriving to Orlando Airport 01:03 p.m

Arriving (I think) at Pop Century around 2:00 p.m.

Go to the Hotel counter to pick up our meal reservations

LEAVING FOR MAGIC KINGDOM AROUND 3:00 P.M.

6:30 p.m.

Mickey's Backyard BBQ
2 tickets Magic Your Way
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]The Outdoor Pavilion[/FONT]
Fort Wilderness
MAGIC KINGDOM
Arrive at 6:00 p.m.
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]-------------------------------------------------[/FONT]
LEAVING FOR MAGIC KINGDOM AROUND 8:30 A.M.

Friday 11-08-06

8:00 p.m.

Spirit of Aloha
Polynesian Resort
2 tickets Magic Your Way
Luau Cove
MAGIC KINGDOM
Arrive 7:00 p.m.

-----------------------------------------------------------

LEAVING FOR EPCOT AND TYPHOON LAGOON AROUND 8:30 A.M.

Saturday 12-08-06

7:30 p.m.

Rainforest Cafe
Downtown Disney
Arrive for 7:00 p.m.

9:00 p.m.

La Nouba
Le Cirque du Soleil
Downtown disney
Arrive for 8:30 p.m.

------------------------------------------------------------

LEAVING FOR MGM AND EPCOT AROUND 8:30 A.M.

Sunday 13-08-06

Chef Mickey
Contemporary Resort
MAGIC KINGDOM

LEAVING FOR ANIMAL KINGDOM AROUND 8:00 A.M.

Monday 14-08-06

9:00 a.m.

Breakfastsorus
with Donald Duck
Animal Kingdom
Arrive for 8:30 a.m.

8:10 p.m.

Whispering Canyon Café
Fort Wilderness
Animal Kingdom
Arrive for 7:40 a.m.

Tuesday 15-08-06

Staying at the pool at Pop Century

Leaving Pop Century 10:43 a.m.
Arriving at Orlando Airport 11:43 a.m.
Leaving Orlando Airport 01:43 p.m.

:kiss: :animwink: :wave:

lawyergirl77

Hiya Suzie,

I would seriously consider going back to your hotel for a rest on your Magic Kingdom day and then heading to Ohana (or 1900 Park Fare) for dinner and then heading back to the park.

Here's the thing: first-timers tend to go all kamizake/theme park commando on their first trip to WDW. While that works for some people, you have kids... As such, I would STRONGLY suggest including some midday hotel time in your plans. The pool at POP is really cool, and never underestimate th power of an afternoon nap!!! If not, by the third day, no matter how much pixie dust you get sprinkled on you, you still won't care. Go into the parks with a clear plan, but just remember that you're on VACATION too. Don't go at a frenzied pace if it doesn't suit your family.

Again, YMMV etc. etc. Some people think I'm bonky for going back to the hotel for a nap in the middle of the day, but I think that waking up early, leaving when the crowds get crazy in the middle of the day (and also when it's hottest) and going back after the mid-afternoon downpour is the perfect way to pace myself throughout my vacationl

Oh, and definitely book a TS restaurant in World Showcase for your Illuminations night. Trust me, you're in for a treat no matter where you go!!! Book it for some time around 6:00 so that you'll have plenty of time to stake out a seat for Illuminations! Even if you only manage to get a ressie around 7:00, some of the BEST locations are up around Japan and Italy because everyone is too lazy to hoof it to the top of the lagoon!! :lol:

The Brown Derby is good, but I'm not sure it's worth the 2TS credits. Did you try getting into the 50's? If not, maybe a Fantasmic package at Hollywood and Vine or Mama Melrose's would be the way to go - reserved seating for Fantasmic during the summer is the only way to go, IMHO! If you do have your heart set on the Brown Derby (and it is good, but has been hit or miss for me), then see whether you can get a Fantasmic package for that restaurant!

Don't bother with a cab - honestly, book Quicksilver or Tiffany Towncar. Same price as a cab, and infinitely more comfortable. :wave:

Upvote 0

suzie

Original Poster
Will do that

Again, thank you, thank you, thank you.

I feel like a sponge trying to absorb everything you guys are telling me:lol: . But at least I feel I'm going somewhere with my itinerary.

Au plaisir (a French salutation - means my pleasure)

:wave: :)

Upvote 0

wdwordz

You might consider the Rose & Crown Dining for an excellent view of Illuminations as well as great food. Just make your reservations for about an hour and half before show time. You can request a table out on the deck, but even if you eat inside, you will be allowed to go out on the patio when the show is about to start. The Leak and Potatoe Soup was excellent! I also recommend the Cottage Pie.

I also agree that you should go back to your room in the afternoon for a couple of hours. You are looking at some very full and long days, and I'm afraid with young children you all are going to become frazzled. It's a vacation!

I love planning a Disney vacation almost as much as going. Have a great time!

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

OK hi there it is me again!!!! OK Lawyergirl is right on the Money as per usual!!! Remember Disneyworld is HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is literally the size of two Manhattan Islands pushed together. You may not get to see EVERYTHING, but if you can enjoy the stuff you do see you will be happy!!
OK getting back to the planning here:
For your Magic Kingdom Day(11-8-06) why dont you try booking a dinner at the Crystal Palace for dinner with Winnie the Pooh and his friends? I happen to like that buffet and the location is awesome right there by the center hub in the park.
For the following day I assumed you meant Wolfgang Puck's? Also I Am sure they asked when they booked your reservations but only the downstairs restaurant ( The Cafe I think it is) is part of the Dining plan, the upstairs restaurant is not. I would move your reservation back at least 1/2 hour maybe more. Table service restaurants are nicer and you may want to take a bit more time than under 1 hour to have dinner and allow time to walk over to Cirque to be there for 8:30
The Brown Derby is a great restaurant but what time were you planning on having dinner? MGM Closes at 9 that night which is when Fantasmic is. I would do an earlier dinner, no later than 6:30pm whereever you decide to go. If you are doing the Fantasmic! Dinner package I would opt for Hollywood & Vine as it is a 1 MYW Dining place as opposed the Brown Derby which is much more upscale and 2 MYW tickets. If you arent too concerned with the Dining package I would go for either the 50's Prime Time or the Sci Fi Dine in, both are great restaurants with awesome theming.
As Lawyergirl said I would certainly make it a point to have a dinner in World Showcase for Monday at around 6pm and then stick around for Illuminations.
Generally I Allow almost 2 hours for any sit down meals. I think you can go to 1 1 /2 hours but probably not much less than that. You want to allow time for your party to be seated ( it isnt always immediately) time to order and eat comfortably. The very last thing you want to do after a full day on the move is to have to rush through a nice dinner!!!! Hope this helps! Belle

Upvote 0

mikey

Hi, I skimmed the other posts and didn't see this, but I might suggest that you try for an earlier seating at Rainforest Cafe the night you're going to Cirque.

If it's really crowded, you may not get seated right at 7:30, not to mention the walk to the theater afterwards. (I might be overly cautious, but I always tend to leave plenty of time for any unforeseen snafus.)

Other than that, your itinerary looks great! Just go and have a great time, and remember that if you miss something, there's always The Next Trip!

mike

Upvote 0

lawyergirl77

suzie said:
Will do that

Again, thank you, thank you, thank you.

I feel like a sponge trying to absorb everything you guys are telling me:lol: . But at least I feel I'm going somewhere with my itinerary.

Au plaisir (a French salutation - means my pleasure)
De rien, Suzie! Je veux juste m'assurer que tu t'amuses lors de ton voyage... Le gaspillage de temps et d'argent pendant ses vacances est absolument inexcusable!! :lol:

(Translation: My pleasure, Suzie! I just want to make sure that you have fun on your trip... Wasting time and money on one's vacations is absolutely inexcusable!! :lol: )

What... she started the French stuff... :lookaroun

And even though Belle and I don't officially share a brain, we seem to be shuttling it back and forth across the border lately!! :lol: ITA with her suggestion to go to the Crystal Palace - it's one of my favourites. Have you considered going there for an early breakfast before the park opens on your MK day? It's one of my favourite things to do at the MK... Not that I have an obsession for all things Eeyore... No sirree!! *cough* :lookaroun

ETA: I hear dinner and lunch are great at the Crystal Palace too, so if you guys aren't big breakkie eaters, you could also go with lunch in order to minimize your use of TS credits that day!

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Ok, here's my 2 cents.

I would leave the first day as it is. If you are going to be at the MK and going to the BBQ all you have to do is get on the boat for FT. Wilderness and enjoy the ride. You can also take the boat back or take the bus to your resort from Ft. Wilderness.

The first full day at the MK, I would definately eat at one of the restaurants in the park like Liberty tree or the Crystal Palace or you can even walk over to the Contemporary for the buffet at Chef Mickeys.

I agree with Belle, move the dining on the night back a good 1/2 hour or more to ensure that you have enough time to eat without having to run to Cirque. That will give you enough time in case you are not seated on time and then the walking time.

I also agree on booking a restaurant on the Fantasmic pkg that only requires 1 dining unless you have your heart set on the Brown Derby.
Fantasmic is shown at park closing so definatly make it for before and give yourself enough time to eat and walk over to the theatre.

I agree with Belle and Lawyergirl:wave: on eating in the world showcase. I would suggest either the Teppanyaki, Alfredos or LeCellier. There are many spots to view the Illuminations around world showcase that are good. Do not count on making a reservation at the Rose and Crown and getting an outside table. They do not guarentee it and do not allow you to request it when making the reservations. You must request it when you check in at the podium.

I also agree with lawyergirl on the waterpark selection. BB is not shaded.

Good luck and happy planning!

Pam

Upvote 0

suzie

Original Poster
I've done some more cancellations and new reservations. Here we go again I think I've got it now.

FIRST TIME TO DISNEY
3 ADULTS AND 2 CHILDREN 8 AND 9

POP CENTURY RESORT
FLYING WITH WESTJET

Thursday 10-08-06
Arriving to Orlando Airport 01:03 p.m

Arriving (I think) at Pop Century around 2:00 p.m.

Go to the Hotel counter to pick up our meal reservations

LEAVING FOR MAGIC KINGDOM AROUND 3:00 P.M.

Will take boat ride from Magic Kingdom to Fort Wilderness

6:30 p.m.

Mickey's Backyard BBQ
2 tickets Magic Your Way
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]The Outdoor Pavilion[/FONT]
Fort Wilderness
MAGIC KINGDOM
Arrive at 6:00 p.m.
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]-------------------------------------------------[/FONT]
LEAVING FOR MAGIC KINGDOM AROUND 8:30 A.M.

Friday 11-08-06

STAY IN MAGIC KINGDOM ALL DAY
5:40 p.m. Reservations for LE CELLIER :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: in EPCOT

Come back to Magic Kingdom for Spectromagic at 10:00 and Wishes at 11:00 p.m.
LEAVING FOR EPCOT AND TYPHOON LAGOON AROUND 8:30 A.M.

Saturday 12-08-06

6:00 p.m. Reservations for Wolfgang Puck, Downtown Disney

We will be sure to be at the Nouba for 8:30 p.m.

La Nouba
Le Cirque du Soleil
Downtown disney
LEAVING FOR MGM AND EPCOT AROUND 8:30 A.M.

Sunday 13-08-06

5:40 p.m. Fantasmic (with dinner at Hollywood & Vine before show)
----------------------------------------------------------
LEAVING FOR ANIMAL KINGDOM AROUND 8:00 A.M.

Monday 14-08-06

9:00 a.m.

Breakfastsorus
with Donald Duck
Animal Kingdom
Arrive for 8:30 a.m.

5:15 p.m. Japan restaurant in EPCOT

9:00 go to ILLUMINATIONS

GO BACK EVERYDAY IN THE AFTERNOON TO OUR RESORT TO REST AND BE REFRESHED BEFORE DINER AND EVENING.

Tuesday 15-08-06

Staying at the pool at Pop Century

Leaving Pop Century 10:43 a.m.
(if Disney buses takes us to the airport 4 hours before
we will take a Tiffani Town car to Airport to be there 2 hours before take off)
Arriving at Orlando Airport 11:43 a.m.
Leaving Orlando Airport 01:43 p.m.

Thanks guys, could'nt have done this without you.

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Upvote 0

lawyergirl77

Susie - it looks great! Although park hopping from Epcot to MK to see the fireworks at the Magic Kingdom (for your dinner at Le Cellier) may be hectic, I think your kids will REALLY like the monorail ride, so it should be fun! :wave:

One last thing - HAVE FUN!!! :sohappy: You've got a great trip planned!!!!

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hey tehre Suzie, Looks great!!! As Lawyergirl says, the trip to EPCOT from the MK might be a bit of a trek, but the monorail is cool and see if you can get into the front car ( Ask the cast members at the monorail station to EPCOT) I say try to get the front car going to EPCOT As it is a nice longer ride and the view as you come into EPCOT is spectacular ( bring a video camera for this one, as soon as you are getting close to Spaceship earth, flip it on!) The monorail will take you overhead in EPCOT and give you a great view from above!!!!
Also you know that Fantasmic! is not until 9 pm on the night you have it scheduled yes?? Your early dinner ressie will give you plenty of time to eat a great dinner then wander over to the theatre with more than enough time to spare ( And maybe catch another attraction in between!!!!)
All in all, a great job!!! You will have a wonderful time. Please post a trip report when you get back and put a link here so I can make sure I read it!!! I dont always manage to catch every thread on the boards.
Hey Lawyergirl you know I have an affiity for some Canadian stuff!!!! Men, Kilts, yadda, yadda, yadda!!!! Belle

Upvote 0

Braves323

Make sure you leave some time to walk around Downtown Disney. They have a lot of neat shops like the World of Disney and a large Lego store that your kids would enjoy.
Also take time to check out the resort pools, they are a great way to unwind at the end of a busy day.

Upvote 0

lawyergirl77

wannabeBelle said:
*snip* I say try to get the front car going to EPCOT As it is a nice longer ride and the view as you come into EPCOT is spectacular ( bring a video camera for this one, as soon as you are getting close to Spaceship earth, flip it on!) The monorail will take you overhead in EPCOT and give you a great view from above!!!!

*snip*

Hey Lawyergirl you know I have an affiity for some Canadian stuff!!!! Men, Kilts, yadda, yadda, yadda!!!! Belle

I think she's heading to the MK from Epcot that night, so they won't be able to do the loop through the park... Still a cool ride, though, and yes DEFINITELY ask for the front car if it's available!! Your kids will love it!! :)

And as for your affinity for Canadians, Belle, I had no idea! Gosh, you're always so subtle about what you like and don't like!!! :p :lol:

(Please post a trip report when you get back! I can hardly wait to hear how things go for you!! :wave: )

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
No matter what, you will have a good time, so no need to sweat the details. You've already heard from some great folks who's opinions I value highly.

My general thoughts are, if possible, try to start your days a little earlier. If you get to the parks at opening or say 1/2 hour past an EMH opening, you will have a window of a few hours to really enjoy yourself, do the "E tickets" without lines and get fastpasses if you want to do again. You can then settle into a more leisurely pace for the afternoon.

I'm glad you took Belle's advice and replaced Rainforest. I wasn't clear on your Wolfgang Puck reservation...there are three...actually four Puck restaurants. Two WP Express (one East, one West) which is the best "fast" food. Along with the one Express, there is a Wolfgang Puck Cafe (which is the one you would want) and the Wolfgang Puck restaurant (upstairs which is more upscale, Spago like, and not as good for younger kids).
There are also two restaurants in Japan, do you know which one you have res. for.

We like Puck a lot, although, before your change, I was going to suggest an early dinner at 50's Prime Time in MGM. As was said about Rainforest, there are many restaurants unique to Disney...we prefer to do them when in town.

Consider also for lunch Sci-Fi Drive in (you will need a res.) I agree with Liberty Tree for a nice lunch in MK (you can save Cindy's Castle for a return trip). At AK, Tusker House and Flame Tree are casual but good food. Lunch in the UK is nice (res) I love France (but next trip, right)

At MGM, you can get fastpasses for the shows at the same time as you get ones for the rides, so do get ones for Indiana Jones and Lights Motor. The kids (and you) will enjoy both. I
Also, consider picking up a guidebook, I prefer the Unofficial Guide, but Birnbaums is fine too. Get a feel for the lay of the parks, and do familiarize yourself with using fastpass! I think you have good choices for this trip. Consider looking at www.allearsnet.com under their dining section. They have sample menu's from all restaurants its a great planning tool.

We look forward to your trip report. Enjoy!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom