Have a look at my itinerary please

suzie

Hi

I have finally finished my itinerary for our trip scheduled from August 10th to August 15th.

I would be extremely be grateful if you would have a look at it and tell me if its ok.

I value all of your opinions. You have helped me immensely.

Thanking you in advance.

FIRST TIME TO DISNEY

3 ADULTS AND 2 CHILDREN 8 AND 9

POP CENTURY RESORT

FLYING WITH WESTJET

Thursday 10-08-06

Arriving to Orlando Airport 01:03 p.m

Arriving (I think) at Pop Century around 2:00 p.m.

Go to the Hotel counter to pick up our meal reservations

LEAVING FOR MAGIC KINGDOM AROUND 3:00 P.M.

6:30 p.m.

Mickey's Backyard BBQ
2 tickets Magic Your Way
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]The Outdoor Pavilion[/FONT]
Fort Wilderness
MAGIC KINGDOM
Arrive at 6:00 p.m.
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]-------------------------------------------------[/FONT]
LEAVING FOR MAGIC KINGDOM AROUND 8:30 A.M.

Friday 11-08-06

8:00 p.m.

Spirit of Aloha
Polynesian Resort
2 tickets Magic Your Way
Luau Cove
MAGIC KINGDOM
Arrive 7:00 p.m.

-----------------------------------------------------------

LEAVING FOR EPCOT AND TYPHOON LAGOON AROUND 8:30 A.M.

Saturday 12-08-06

7:30 p.m.

Rainforest Cafe
Downtown Disney
Arrive for 7:00 p.m.

9:00 p.m.

La Nouba
Le Cirque du Soleil
Downtown disney
Arrive for 8:30 p.m.

------------------------------------------------------------

LEAVING FOR MGM AND EPCOT AROUND 8:30 A.M.

Sunday 13-08-06

Chef Mickey
Contemporary Resort
MAGIC KINGDOM

LEAVING FOR ANIMAL KINGDOM AROUND 8:00 A.M.

Monday 14-08-06

9:00 a.m.

Breakfastsorus
with Donald Duck
Animal Kingdom
Arrive for 8:30 a.m.

8:10 p.m.

Whispering Canyon Café
Fort Wilderness
Animal Kingdom
Arrive for 7:40 a.m.

Tuesday 15-08-06

Staying at the pool at Pop Century

Leaving Pop Century 10:43 a.m.
Arriving at Orlando Airport 11:43 a.m.
Leaving Orlando Airport 01:43 p.m.

:kiss: :animwink: :wave:

GenerationX

Looks great! One note: Since you've reserved the 9:00pm La Nouba show, I would plan on sleeping in that morning so that everyone is wide awake for the show. It's spectacular, and you wouldn't want anyone to miss any of it.

Have fun! :wave:

Upvote 0

KCBroadway

Don't forget to save time for the night time shows. Make sure you get to see Spectromagic and Wishes at the Magic Kingdom - Illuminations at Epcot - and Fantasmic at MGM! All are great - and MUST SEES for first-timers! Keep in mind that all require you to get to the show early in order to get good seats. When my husband and I went last summer we got to all shows at least 1 hour early (minimum) - In order to get good viewing.

Also - I see that you're going to Typhoon Lagoon - That's a great water park, but I LOVE Blizzard Beach. The theming is great and I think there are actually more attractions. Just a suggestion!

I don't know what you're afternoon plans are, but my husband and I usually get to the parks for opening (which it looks like you're doing) and we head to the big attractions first because the lines are usually pretty short (this was at the end of June last year). We usually stay in the park for about 5-6 hours (or until we're really tired) and then we head back to the hotel for a shower and then out to dinner and a night time show.

Hope you have a great trip! We're actually leaving June 23 and are SO excited!! We're staying at Pop Century too. You'll love it - and the kids will too!! The theming / colors / architecture is GREAT!

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Looks good. I would recommend your whole family selects the top things they would want to see at each park. That way you can hit those highlights while you're there, and then if time permits, do other things too.

Have a good time. Cirque is wonderful, you'll all love that. And you've picked some nice places to eat.

Enjoy yourselves!

Upvote 0

suzie

Original Poster
Hey thanks for the tips you guys.

I knew I would get some answers fairly quick on this forum.

You are all like an encyclopaedia of Disney.

Thanks again

Upvote 0

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I am a little worried about how all of your table service meals seem to be at dinner time. You wont be able to see any of the night time shows in MK, EPcot and MGM that way. Consider moving some of those ADRs to lunches (same food in most places) and you will find youself much more able to see the nightime shows (which in my opinion are the best things to do one property :cool: )

Also, just keep an eye on your watch when at Rainforest Cafe. They tend to have really slow service (or atleast in my experiences) so getting to the 9pm La Nouba might be tricky if you don't light a fire under them. :)fork: this should help...lol :lol:)

Just a suggestion. :wave:

Have a great time!!!

Upvote 0

Dagger

I'm not 100% on this one but maybe someone can back me up...if you head to Magic Kingdom on the first day before it opens you can catch the opening festivities. I noticed it's extra magic hours for the MK that day but not sure if it's open earlier

Upvote 0

shmmrname

Take advantage of the Park Openings... You can do so much more in the first two hours a park is open, than in much of the rest of the day...

Typhoon Lagoon rocks. So does Blizzard Beach. I like TL because of the sand, but remember, it's smaller so it fills to capacity much more often...

Making too many arrangements that are set in stone can end up really hurting your touring effectiveness in the parks. Sometimes you can be inconvenienced if you must be tied to a certain area...

It's going to be hot. It's going to be crowded. Accept those two facts, and do all you can to combat them, and you'll be in for a much better vacation. Once again, I stress that the early mornings and the late nights are the best time to accomplish anything in WDW. Save the mid-days for shopping and eating, with some well-timed Fast Passes of course...

Rainforest Cafe isn't a great choice. That's the only real thing that sticks out to me.

Finally, have fun. It won't be perfect, no matter how much planning you do, but it will still always be magical... if you let it be.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hey there Suzie!!! I Am looking over the itnierary and a few things jump out at me.
The first day looks fine, I havent ever been to the Backyard BBQ but I have heard good things about it
The second day, I wouldnt spend 2 MYW tickets for the Polynesian Luau. Do a search on here and you will see that many people are not too thrilled with the food or show here. Another option for that is either the Hoop De Doo Revue ( which might be too similar of a Western theme from the first night) or O'Hana's which is a WONDERFUL sit down restaurant. The food is much better than the Luau and it is only one MYW dining ticket! Make an earlier reservation and go back to the Magic Kingdom to see Wishes. The first time I saw it I cried!!! It is a lovely fireworks show.
Third day, I would try for an early reservation in World Showcase at EPCOT. My personal favorites are Le Cellier in Canada and Teppanyaki Grill in Japan. I wouldnt bother eating in the Rainforest Cafe for one reason, it is a chain and you can go to that elsewhere. Some of the food is OK but compared to the Dining experiences in World Showcase.............no contest for me. Both restaurants are one MYW Dining ticket. Have fun at La Nouba!!!
On Sunday which park are you planning to be at for the evening??? I would definitely eat there and then get over to see either Fantasmic! or Illuminations, based on whichever park you are in. Chef Mickey's is a good restaurant but it would entail you missing those two and I cant see that especially on your first time!
On Monday Animal Kingdom Looks good, I really enjoy Donald's Breakfast and you will love this park!!! Stay till a later time ( 5 or 6 pm) Catch the Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade I like this one) and then head over to either EPCOT or MGM to catch the nighttime show that you didnt get on Sunday. For MGM I recommend either the Sci Fi Dine in or the 50's Prime Time Cafe. Both are great fun, although I prefer the dinner menu for the Prime Time more, but that is just personal tastes!!!
And Tuesday looks fine.
Sorry I got so wordy but I wanted to make sure I caught everything!!! Belle

Upvote 0

Nansafan

My only suggestion is the day you are going to Typhoon Lagoon. We do not go to water parks on Saturdays especially in August. The Florida schools start back in August and many people make a "final" visit before school starts to the water parks on the Saturdays in August. We have personally had this happen to us and it was crazy crowded. Since then we visit water parks on a week day.

Upvote 0

tracyandalex

hey,

as belle suggested i would go for ohana over the spirit of aloha. one thing we learned while at the world in april, you don't have to take the pictures at the character buffets. the only one we found worth it was the one at crt cause it was included in the price of the meal. the pictures at chef mickey's and donald's are just in front of a sign and then they come around to your table and you have to pay for the pictures if you want them. just a heads up. we've seen la nouba on tv & it looks amazing, have fun :wave:

tracy & alex

Upvote 0

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Everything wannabeBelle said is pretty much the way I would go. If you can follow her suggestions (especially about how to work in the nighttime shows) you will be in fantastic shape. I really stress seeing the nighttime shows because they are the essence of Disney and a must for first timers.
As Belle said, you might want to consider skipping Rainforest Cafe due to my previously mentioned slow service and as Belle said, its a chain restaurant. The food isnt that spectacular. If you decide to skip it, head for World Showcase. You will be happy you did. If your kids arent into 'exotic' foods try someplace like Italy, Canada (my personal favorite restaurant on WDW property), or Mexico where they will find some foods that are more familiar.

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

I agree to ditch Rainforest, the last time I was there the food wasn't very good and service awful. There are much better restaurants on the Westside that are right by La Nouba, Bongo's, Wolfgang Pucks, Ragland Road, here's a link to the menu's http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menus.htm#pi.

I note that you have listed Whispering Canyon Cafe at Fort Wilderness, but this restaurant is located in Wilderness Lodge.

I also agree that you should not miss the fireworks or evening shows, they are spectacular and something you will not see anywhere else in the world. Definitely considering moving the ressie's up to a late lunch or early dinner. I also happen to really enjoy Chef de France in Epcot which is also one point on the dining plan.

The day for the water park, let me just stress SUNSCREEN and lots of it. I would even recommend that the kids wear t-shirts in the water because we all know that it does wash off and this would protect them. You don't want to ruine your vacation because of sunburn or worse, sun poisining.

Upvote 0

suzie

Original Poster
Wow guys, you are professionals at this. I will re-look at my itinerary and definitely make changes.

Thanks a bundle.

:wave:

Upvote 0

livabeth

You are on the same Westjet flight as us, except we are travelling on Sept 30th and staying at PO Riverside. I look forward to hearing how your flight and how long it takes you to get to your resort. It is our first time too (well I last went when i was in high school many many years ago!!) and my too young daughters are so excited!!

All this planning is well work it i'm sure, but can drive your mind crazy.

Have fun ... and please check back after your trip for a report on what work and didn't work with your itinerary.

One question for the experienced ... does the nighttime events like Illuminations, Wishes and Fantasmic play everynight and at what time?? We have dinner reservations at the parks around 5 - 5:30 p.m. but don't want to miss any of them.

Upvote 0

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Keep in mind that the Rainforest is ALL the way accross Downtown Disney from La Nouba. When I worked @ La Nouba people would come late from Rainforest ALL of the time...you do NOT want to miss the pre-show for LaNouba!!

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

livabeth said:
You are on the same Westjet flight as us, except we are travelling on Sept 30th and staying at PO Riverside. I look forward to hearing how your flight and how long it takes you to get to your resort. It is our first time too (well I last went when i was in high school many many years ago!!) and my too young daughters are so excited!!

All this planning is well work it i'm sure, but can drive your mind crazy.

Have fun ... and please check back after your trip for a report on what work and didn't work with your itinerary.

One question for the experienced ... does the nighttime events like Illuminations, Wishes and Fantasmic play everynight and at what time?? We have dinner reservations at the parks around 5 - 5:30 p.m. but don't want to miss any of them.
For the most up to date hours and times for any parades of night time shows check here at Disneyworld.com
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wd...darHome?id=MKCalendarParkHoursMonthlyViewPage
That is the Calendar home page. You can also select different parks and different months. Be sure to click on the date ( the actual number in the calendar) to get a complete listing for that date. These are the big items going on, understand there is also an entertainment schedule for each of the parks with smaller items happening all day long!!! That is not published more than a week in advance at a time but here is a website so you can see this week's to get an idea as to what is offered at each of the parks:
http://pages.prodigy.net/stevesoares/
Click on a park and you can see the offerings for each. Also many of the names of the acts have pictures, descriptions etc so be sure to check if any given attraction's name is a hyperlink!
Also make sure you make a note of all of the Extra Magic Hours that are available for your trip!! They are listed in the main Disney calendar.
Belle

Upvote 0

lawyergirl77

I read Belle's post, and as always, she has some excellent advice for you! EXACTLY what I would have said!

Skip the luau and go to Ohana - not only is the food better (we're talking LIGHT YEARS), but the show is a heckuva lot more fun!!! Plus you MUST. NOT. MISS. WISHES. Trust me. Even if you are indifferent about fireworks, this show is just unbelievable. And don't time it so that you can watch the show from Ohana - you need to be standing on Main Street the first time you see it. I'm a cynical, cynical person in real life... and I cry like a baby every time I see Wishes!! :lol:

I would also skip out on the Rainforest Café and head to a table service restaurant in World Showcase. Le Cellier may be a tough ticket to get into (but oooh... so good, and it's a lot of fun to visit as a Canadian!! :lol: ), but a good alternative would be the Biergarten (another fun place to eat), and the San Angel Inn (very VERY different from any Mexican food I get in this neck of the woods!)

If you really want to go to a waterpark, stick with Typhoon Lagoon, if only just because there is a lot more SHADY chair space there than at Blizzard Beach (and the white paint that is part of the theme seems to reflect sunlight - sunburn city!). Plus, as a matter of personal preference, I prefer the theming at TL...

Finally, the Rocket Scientists over at DME seem to think that flights to Canada are classified as "International" flights. That designation only applies to overseas flights, and NOT to flights to Canada. However, no matter how patiently I tried to explain this fact to them (and no matter how many times I would give them the referral information that the good people at Air Canada were more than happy to provide to them in order to clear up the misunderstanding), they REFUSED to move my DME departure back. As a result, I was schedule to leave the resort FOUR. $%$$ING. HOURS. prior to my flight. I called Tiffany Towncar, and got a more reasonable departure - the money was well worth the extra hour and a half in the parks!! :lol:

Whoa. That was wordy... *sigh* Well, I hope it helps! Feel free to PM me if you want other Canada-specific tips!! :wave:

Upvote 0

suzie

Original Poster
Revised itinerary of Suzie

Hi

I have revised my itinerary for our trip scheduled from August 10th to August 15th.

You guys are fantastic and I have made cancellations and other reservations.

If you are not tired of me bugging you, please take another look and tell me what you think.

I didn't think this was going to be complicated, but with you guys guiding me, I think I'll straighten this trip up.

Again thanks friends.

FIRST TIME TO DISNEY

3 ADULTS AND 2 CHILDREN 8 AND 9

POP CENTURY RESORT

FLYING WITH WESTJET

Thursday 10-08-06

Arriving to Orlando Airport 01:03 p.m

Arriving (I think) at Pop Century around 2:00 p.m.

Go to the Hotel counter to pick up our meal reservations

LEAVING FOR MAGIC KINGDOM AROUND 3:00 P.M.

6:30 p.m.

Mickey's Backyard BBQ
2 tickets Magic Your Way
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]The Outdoor Pavilion[/FONT]
Fort Wilderness
MAGIC KINGDOM
Arrive at 6:00 p.m.
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]-------------------------------------------------[/FONT]
LEAVING FOR MAGIC KINGDOM AROUND 8:30 A.M.

Friday 11-08-06

(I cancelled Spirit of Aloha)

STAY IN MAGIC KINGDOM ALL DAY

3:00 Share a dream come true
10:00 Spectromagic
11:00 Wishes

LEAVING FOR EPCOT AND TYPHOON LAGOON AROUND 8:30 A.M.

Saturday 12-08-06

7:30 p.m.

(Cancelled Rainforest Cafe) and booked Gangpuck

We will be sure to be at the Nouba for 8:30 p.m.

La Nouba
Le Cirque du Soleil
Downtown disney

LEAVING FOR MGM AND EPCOT AROUND 8:30 A.M.

Sunday 13-08-06

(Cancelled Chef Mickey)

9:00 Dinner with Fantasmic (with supper at the Brown Derby after)

LEAVING FOR ANIMAL KINGDOM AROUND 8:00 A.M.

Monday 14-08-06

9:00 a.m.

Breakfastsorus
with Donald Duck
Animal Kingdom
Arrive for 8:30 a.m.

(Cancelled Whisperig Canyon Café)
9:00 go to EPCOT for ILLUMINATIONS

Tuesday 15-08-06

Staying at the pool at Pop Century

Leaving Pop Century 10:43 a.m.
(if Disney buses takes us to the airport 4 hours before
we will take a taxi to Airport to be there 2 hours before take off)
Arriving at Orlando Airport 11:43 a.m.
Leaving Orlando Airport 01:43 p.m.

I think I go it.:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom