Haunted Mansion

Tha Realest

Its third only due to Barbie and Oppenheimer. I think it has to lose a bit before we say it needs to get legs. It has not even lost its momentum yet. It opened on Tuesday and earned ten million its first day. the 28 is only Friday, Sat and Sunday.

Come back at the end of next weekend after Blue Beetle is released and see how it is doing.
You see, @Disney Irish is upset at the negative feedback that Disney films has received, so s/he is dishonestly claiming this film is in trouble in a way to pull it down to the level of failures that virtually the entire Disney slate has, and continues to, experience. It’s patently transparent.

What s/he can’t grapple with is that TMNT:MM is modestly budgeted and will likely be profitable in the theatrical window, without it the need of a magical check from D+

erasure fan1

You must have lived under a rock then in 1990s. They were everywhere, including Halloween costumes.
Yea the turtles were HUGE then. I still watch the original TMNT movie. And the turtles arcade beat em up, classic. I remember people going crazy trying to find the April action figure as was only one to case. It is shocking that being alive in the 90s and not knowing about the turtles.

DKampy

Its third only due to Barbie and Oppenheimer. I think it has to lose a bit before we say it needs to get legs. It has not even lost its momentum yet. It opened on Tuesday and earned ten million its first day. the 28 is only Friday, Sat and Sunday.

Come back at the end of next weekend after Blue Beetle is released and see how it is doing.
Actually for Sunday the turtles were 2nd but for the weekend they were 4th with estimates.it could change in any position from 2-4 once the actual numbers roll in… as it is so close between Oppenheimer, Meg 2, and TMNT it will be a photo finish

LittleBuford

We called them Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles in the UK, and I watched the cartoon every morning before school. I found an episode on YouTube a few years ago; it was really enjoyable to watch even as an adult, which can’t be said for many vintage cartoons.

celluloid

Actually for Sunday the turtles were 2nd but for the weekend they were 4th with estimates.it could change in any position from 2-4 once the actual numbers roll in… as it is so close between Oppenheimer, Meg 2, and TMNT it will be a photo finish
Still all Estimates
Sunday they were third. But they were close.
Sat third After Barbie and Oppenheimer.

Not sure where you got your estimates from but these are from Boxofficemojo

What source had them in 2nd on Sunday and 4th for the entire weekend?

Phroobar

Box Office Mojo says TMNT is 3rd last sunday with 8,300,000 to Oppens at $9,170,000 and Meg 2 at $7,800,000.

DKampy

Still all Estimates
Sunday they were third. But they were close.
Sat third After Barbie and Oppenheimer.

Not sure where you got your estimates from but these are from Boxofficemojo

What source had them in 2nd on Sunday and 4th for the entire weekend?
Box Office Mojo says TMNT is 3rd last sunday with 8,300,000 to Oppens at $9,170,000 and Meg 2 at $7,800,000.
Yeah I realized that now… I did not recheck this morning… I originally put down 3rd… but then I thought I think it was 2nd… but my point it is still so close it could change later today for positions 2-4 as those are just estimates

celluloid

Yeah I realized that now… I did not recheck this morning… I originally put down 3rd… but then I thought I think it was 2nd… but my point it is still so close it could change later today for positions 2-4 as those are just estimates

It could. Meg is really close, but I am confident the rankings will stay pretty much the same for Turtles. It got the family market that HM could not keep and is the only new family option.

Side note, I always recommend box office mojo. They have their estimates, like theses ones out since noon on just about every sunday and are the best in the industry.

Phroobar

I don't think it really matters as Haunted Mansion is at 5th with $2.7m. It is dead and buried.
The Meg 2 is pretty much chum.

Disstevefan1

WarnDerail.jpg

DKampy

It could. Meg is really close, but I am confident the rankings will stay pretty much the same for Turtles. It got the family market that HM could not keep and is the only new family option.

Side note, I always recommend box office mojo. They have their estimates, like theses ones out since noon on just about every sunday and are the best in the industry.
Yeah I usually follow box office mojo… I know usually they are pretty spot on… but even them I have seen the actuals change quite a bit if there were more walk ups on Sunday than expected for a movie

Disstevefan1

Too late. Partly my fault. @Disney Irish had started incorrect postings about Ninja Turtles both film and costumes and I just could not let untruths go.

Now let's talk about the movie where more people rode the ride last weekend than paid to see the evening showtime price.
I have heard both positive and negative reviews of Haunted Mansion. We have not seen it yet, but I heard there is a lot of references to the attraction which is good I suppose for fans of the attraction.

I am looking forward to seeing it. Not sure if we will go to the theater or wait for streaming.

A big plus for streaming is that if they follow the same formula, there will be extras in the streamed movie.

celluloid

I have heard both positive and negative reviews of Haunted Mansion. We have not seen it yet, but I heard there is a lot of references to the attraction which is good I suppose for fans of the attraction.

I am looking forward to seeing it. Not sure if we will go to the theater or wait for streaming.

A big plus for streaming is that if they follow the same formula, there will be extras in the streamed movie.

I think at this point it is an easy wait as it will be likely leaving theaters completely in the next few weeks and you know Disney Plus wants content and it will stream a good amount before Halloween.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Too late. Partly my fault. @Disney Irish had started incorrect postings about Ninja Turtles both film and costumes and I just could not let untruths go.

Now let's talk about the movie where more people rode the ride last weekend than paid to see the evening showtime price.
Its not untruths, but you go ahead and think whatever you want based on an opinion and finding an error made via an image search.

As for HM, just like Hocus Pocus before it its very possible it'll find life after theaters and become a Halloween classic. Now obviously you don't have to agree and think its never going to find an audience even after leaving theaters, but that would be your opinion nothing more.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
You see, @Disney Irish is upset at the negative feedback that Disney films has received, so s/he is dishonestly claiming this film is in trouble in a way to pull it down to the level of failures that virtually the entire Disney slate has, and continues to, experience. It’s patently transparent.

What s/he can’t grapple with is that TMNT:MM is modestly budgeted and will likely be profitable in the theatrical window, without it the need of a magical check from D+
If people don't like HM or don't want to see it, that is on them. I rather enjoyed it, which seems to be the same opinion of many of those that saw it.

As for TMNT, I have an opinion about the film because I saw it, and think it may not do well in the weeks to come. Yes its more modest budget may result in it being profitable during its theatrical run, even if it doesn't leg out the rest of the summer. As I said it may have legs or it may not, we'll have to see how it does in the next week or two. Not sure how saying that it opened to a modest $51M 5 days and that'll have to find legs if it wants to be profitable is being anything other than honest. But ok, whatever.

celluloid

Its not untruths, but you go ahead and think whatever you want based on an opinion and finding an error made via an image search.

As for HM, just like Hocus Pocus before it its very possible it'll find life after theaters and become a Halloween classic. Now obviously you don't have to agree and think its never going to find an audience even after leaving theaters, but that would be your opinion nothing more.

The error was telling someone that they were from the 90s after you were told those were not authentic costumes. a mistake is a mistake. What made it a lie is you leaned into it when you were told those were not legit sold costumes, tried to save it with well parts are(they're not) and you even said you just pulled a picture from the internet after the fact of getting caught in that. So you had no idea where the image actually came from or what it contained but you leaned into it being authentic when it got the laughs and even said they were wearing original pieces.

Hocus Pocus was not smash hit but not a flop. It made 44 million dollars in 1993. With inflation that is nearing 100 million dollars today. Haunted Mansion is not going to reach that. It had a lot more of a following by the time it left theaters compared to HM today which had far more marketing than not. Hocus Pocus' marketing was limited pretty much to the Disney Channel.

Hocus Pocus also only had the budget of 28 million.

Like Turtles, the truth sure seems skewed here.

Haunted Mansion is 157 million plus a large marketing budget.

Haunted Mansion is an iconic property and name because of the great theme park attractions. It not need this movie for Halloween merch for The Walt Disney Company. And the last HM flop did not even reach a Halloween Classic.

There are not enough Halloweens in our lifetimes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom