Haunted Mansion

Casper Gutman

FNaF is opening on Peacock and in theaters on the same day. It's a big stinker. That doesn't mean it won't make a lot of money, but it sure makes one wonder about the judgement of posters who are excited about a film with the biggest red flags imaginable but constantly dismissive of anything Disney releases. Odd.

Phroobar

FNaF is opening on Peacock and in theaters on the same day. It's a big stinker. That doesn't mean it won't make a lot of money, but it sure makes one wonder about the judgement of posters who are excited about a film with the biggest red flags imaginable but constantly dismissive of anything Disney releases. Odd.
Because everything that Disney is releasing recently crashed & burned. You can eat your Disney dog food and pretend to love it. Doesn't mean I have to eat it too.

erasure fan1

but it sure makes one wonder about the judgement of posters who are excited about a film with the biggest red flags imaginable but constantly dismissive of anything Disney releases. Odd.
Who's been saying they're so excited for it? I think it's going to profit pretty well. There's a lot of teens who are going to see it no matter what. The reason fnaf isn't being dismissed, is it has a 39mil budget. The movie can be not so great, and it's probably going to profit. All it's going to need is 100mil to break even. When was the last time a Disney movie didn't need to be a major blockbuster to be profitable?

mf1972

i saw a recent commercial with paul frees “welcome foolish mortals” spiel. no matter how the movie performs, i’ll admit it was a pretty neat commercial

Animaniac93-98

Seeing more ads for this of late and it's interesting that they're downplaying the comedy of the movie (which I fear will be its worst part).

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I hope HM does well theatrically.

But it's bound to have a second life as part of family-friendly Halloween fare on D+.

Disney's Freeform has the "31 Days of Halloween" which I presume is popular enough to keep doing it year after year. And this movie will certainly be part of the yearly Halloween shows joining Hocus Pocus (1 and 2 and soon, 3) and Muppet's Haunted Mansion, and all the other family friendly scary movies.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
"Disney’s red carpet premiere for “Haunted Mansion,” held on July 15 at Disneyland, will take place even if there is a SAG-AFTRA strike.

If the actors guild does call a strike, the premiere will pivot to a “fan event,” according to a source. It is the first major world premiere set to take place after the strike deadline.

The stars of the movie, including LaKeith Stanfield, Tiffany Haddish, Danny DeVito, Rosario Dawson, Chase W. Dillon, Daniel Levy, Jamie Lee Curtis, Hasan Minhaj, Marilu Henner and Lindsay Lamb, would no longer be able to take part in the festivities in the case of a strike.

It is not clear if director Justin Simien, producers Dan Lin and Jonathan Eirich, executive producers Nick Reynolds and Tom Peitzman and composer Kris Bowers, would participate in a traditional red carpet with photographers and interview press. That is, if Disney still rolls out a carpet.

Strike or no strike, the studio is expected to host about 2,000 guests, including fans in costumes, at the premiere. The screening takes place at 7 p.m. PT at the Hyperion Theater with a pre-reception featuring food and drinks starting at about 5 p.m.

A tip sheet for the premiere was sent to press on July 6 with the cast and creatives listed as attending."

Full article below.

MarvelCharacterNerd

"Disney’s red carpet premiere for “Haunted Mansion,” held on July 15 at Disneyland, will take place even if there is a SAG-AFTRA strike.

If the actors guild does call a strike, the premiere will pivot to a “fan event,” according to a source. It is the first major world premiere set to take place after the strike deadline.

The stars of the movie, including LaKeith Stanfield, Tiffany Haddish, Danny DeVito, Rosario Dawson, Chase W. Dillon, Daniel Levy, Jamie Lee Curtis, Hasan Minhaj, Marilu Henner and Lindsay Lamb, would no longer be able to take part in the festivities in the case of a strike.

It is not clear if director Justin Simien, producers Dan Lin and Jonathan Eirich, executive producers Nick Reynolds and Tom Peitzman and composer Kris Bowers, would participate in a traditional red carpet with photographers and interview press. That is, if Disney still rolls out a carpet.

Strike or no strike, the studio is expected to host about 2,000 guests, including fans in costumes, at the premiere. The screening takes place at 7 p.m. PT at the Hyperion Theater with a pre-reception featuring food and drinks starting at about 5 p.m.

A tip sheet for the premiere was sent to press on July 6 with the cast and creatives listed as attending."

Full article below.

That explains why there's no Rogers the Musical this weekend.

DavidDL

Outside of the premiere at DCA this weekend, is there any sort of "special event" type of viewings that anyone has heard of for this?

The best I could find online was a "fan event" viewing at the El Capitan that comes with either a glow in the dark mug or a journal. Normally when I hear about premieres in this space there is some kind of movie prop showcase or gallery of some kind but I've found absolutely nothing to indicate Disney is doing anything else special for this release.

If someone knows something I don't, please share it. Because I think it'd be cool to finally attend something along those lines for Haunted Mansion.

tcool123

Outside of the premiere at DCA this weekend, is there any sort of "special event" type of viewings that anyone has heard of for this?

The best I could find online was a "fan event" viewing at the El Capitan that comes with either a glow in the dark mug or a journal. Normally when I hear about movie premieres in this space there is some kind of movie prop showcase or gallery of some kind but I've found absolutely nothing to indicate Disney is doing anything else special for this release.

If someone knows something I don't, please share it. Because I think it'd be cool to finally attend something along those lines for Haunted Mansion.
My local cinema is hosting a fan preview, but its just an earlier showing of the film.

Basil of Baker Street

I hope HM does well theatrically.

But it's bound to have a second life as part of family-friendly Halloween fare on D+.

Disney's Freeform has the "31 Days of Halloween" which I presume is popular enough to keep doing it year after year. And this movie will certainly be part of the yearly Halloween shows joining Hocus Pocus (1 and 2 and soon, 3) and Muppet's Haunted Mansion, and all the other family friendly scary movies.
This is where I am on HM. I don't think we can get too caught up in the theatrical run because it will probably lose money as has been the trend lately. However, I believe it will have an....after life as you say.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom