Haunted Mansion???

Goofnut1980

Original Poster
So... Last time I was at MK the HM was under refurb... I am deciding to take a trip down from Ohio next month and then again in october.. and then in december with the whole family.. Like I said before.. Disney is taking all my money the next few months.. haha.. And I was wondering.. how everyone liked the HM refurb.. is it any good??? I used to love that ride... How is the new audio and the new additions??? Hope it is good!!!

Mr_Tom_Morrow

its AWESOME!!!! i would have to say the circular room is now my fave part of the ride,the audio upgrade in there is phenomonal very deep rich bass now,the 360 sound is decent too

the stair chamber is pretty cool looking,but the again anything is better than looking at a few spiders lol

the attic i was a bit upset by..i loved the orginal and the way they redid it just eehh,had they of just kept the orginal bride and redid everything to its form now i wouldve been much happier

but all-in-all if you liked the original you surely wont be disappointed with the upgrade

Goofnut1980

Original Poster
great!!! thanks.. I cant wait to go and spend all my hard earned cash at Disney!!! gotta make sure the chairman of the parks gets his big christmas bonus this year!! haha :ROFLOL:

hemloc

So... Last time I was at MK the HM was under refurb... I am deciding to take a trip down from Ohio next month and then again in october.. and then in december with the whole family.. Like I said before.. Disney is taking all my money the next few months.. haha.. And I was wondering.. how everyone liked the HM refurb.. is it any good??? I used to love that ride... How is the new audio and the new additions??? Hope it is good!!!

Honestly.... Does it matter?? The Haunted Mansion was awesome as it was, but now is even better!! But as it is, don't let it make or break a vacation!

primetime52

The key to this refurb was the fact that even though a couple new scenes and features were added, they were careful not to add TOO much, or change the classic theme of this ride in any way. The new HM looks fresher than ever, but still has its same original splendor.

If only they had used a similar approach back when they decided to refurb Journey into Imagination and the Tiki Room!

kingslyZISSOU

The key to this refurb was the fact that even though a couple new scenes and features were added, they were careful not to add TOO much, or change the classic theme of this ride in any way. The new HM looks fresher than ever, but still has its same original splendor.

If only they had used a similar approach back when they decided to refurb Journey into Imagination and the Tiki Room!

Amen to that

I can't imagine what would have happened if they did haunted mansion first...yikes.

kingslyZISSOU

the only things that kind of bugs me about the refurb (which are still pretty little) is how the doom buggies don't face the coffin with the skeleton pushing up anymore, and the wall paper in the stretching rooms are like a christmasy green and red now. but other than these very small stupid details (that most people don't notice, it was an excellent refurbishment.

SleepingMonk

I agree that the changes made were all very well planned and executed.

In my opinion the "Escheresque" stairway scene is a huge improvement over the dated dark ride spiders.

LudwigVonDrake

They did right by the Haunted Mansion. They plussed the attraction and didn't take anything away from original.

OT - Now if you want to talk about a rehab I hated: Pirates of the Caribbean. Jack Sparrow and all references to the movie need to be removed and the ride returned to its former glory.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom