"Haunted Mansion" trailer!

MKCustodial

This teaser just raised my spirits for this movie (no pun intended)! Tilly actually looks like she's gonna work as Leota, and they added Master Gracey, the hitchhiking ghosts, the singing busts... Could it be, people???

Anyways, I managed to download the large Quicktime .mov file (14MB), so I'm already making it available on Kazaa under "The Haunted Mansion Teaser 2", just in case anyone's interested. :wave:

BigNorm

This is fantastic! HM is my absolute favourite attraction at Disney, and I can't wait for the movie. The teaser's not half bad. Dr. Falls is right, Eddie's not too obnoxious (I hope it stays that way and the filmmakers have avoided his patented "fart jokes"). Now I just hope they didn't let us all down by showing the best stuff in the teaser.

SirNim

Was it just me or did I see Walt Disney in the form of a stone bust? Also, the music they had sounded awfully like Danny Elfman, although I don't think he's doing the music...:)

JLW11Hi

CTXRover

I was pretty worried about the HM movie at first. Eddie Murphy just didn't sound like the right person for the role and the teaser trailer they released a month or so ago made me wonder what was Disney thinking. But I must admit, this new trailer (attached to all copies of Pirates, in theaters now) makes this movie look quite promising. In fact, Eddie may be perfect for the comedy relief this film will need. I love the fact that in that short trailer they show the hitchhicking ghosts, the singing busts, Master gracey, the graveyard, etc. The ghosts look very good, from decaying skeletons to "see-through" ghosts. I think the setwork looks astonishing. I'm actually excited for this movie now.

MicBat

At first, I was unsure if this movie was going to be any good... From the looks of the trailer I saw tonight, however, I have no doubt that I'm going to like it! It appears to keep more with the spirit of the attraction than the previous films based off of attractions.

netenyahoo

I saw the preview with POTC last night. It does look good. Hopefully Eddie will be ok. I think it is too early to tell. The audience in the packed theater seemed to be excited for it which is good.

Disappointed

I must say....I wish they had chosen someone other than Eddie Murphy. From the trailer, the whole movie looks a little to slapsticky.....too tongue in cheek. Boy.....I want to wish and hope for a Figment movie, but Disney would probably screw it up anyhow. Let movies be movies, and let rides be rides.

wsapooh

Re: Disappointed

Originally posted by TheDisneyBoy
I must say....I wish they had chosen someone other than Eddie Murphy. From the trailer, the whole movie looks a little to slapsticky.....too tongue in cheek.

I have to agree. I am concerned about my favorite attraction being turned into an Eddie Murphy film. Nothing against Eddie. I just don't want this to be a goofy comedy.

I'll go see it either way. And I am looking forward to it.

MKCustodial

Re: Re: Disappointed

Originally posted by wsapooh
I have to agree. I am concerned about my favorite attraction being turned into an Eddie Murphy film. Nothing against Eddie. I just don't want this to be a goofy comedy.

I'll go see it either way. And I am looking forward to it.

:lol: What else could a movie about a theme park haunted house attraction be?

Seriously, though, evrybody keeps saying how Eddie Murphy stinks, and I just think society's standards are the ones changing. I seriously didn't see anything wrong with Daddy Day Care, I Spy, Pluto Nash or Dr. Doolittle. Sure, they weren't Beverly Hills Cop, but there are TONS of movies worse than those. I'm more worried with Jeniffer Tilly than Eddie, and she looked ok to me on that brief scene...

wsapooh

Oh, I know exactly what you mean. It is a Disney film so I wasn't expecting a "Sixth Sense" or "Stir of Echoes" thing. I just meant that it would be cool if they could find a way to do it that wouldn't scare the pants of kinds but would still not be a "slapstick" comedy. Hard balance to achieve I know in this situation. But a girl can dream.

I don't think Eddie stinks. I'm just not a fan.

ArsonWinter

But the HM movie should be 1) rated PG, 2) close to the ride, yet with it's own, unique storyline, and 3) capture the spirit of the ride (no pun intended).

I think, from the preview, it looks to do just that, unless it comes out rated PG-13.

wsapooh

I am at a slight disadvantage here because I haven't seen the trailer yet - I'll see it tomorrow when I see PotC. I did download it and I watched it on my computer but my computer has no sound. Kinda takes away some of the effect. Maybe some of my concerns will lift away when I see it on the big screen tomorrow. I certainly hope so! I really want it to be a great movie.

Bagheera

I haven't seen the trailer yet, but are you sure that it's not the same face as on the ride that everyone thinks is Walt? That's Thurl Ravenscroft, by the way, one of the greatest character voices ever. He's got one of the lowest voices ever heard. He's done everything from the Russian Cat in Aristocats to arguably his most famous character, Tony the Tiger. And, if I do say so myself, he was just GR-R-R-R-REAT!! :D

wyattkelly

WHat is wrong with you people???

I'm sorry, but the movie is gonna suck on so many levels...It's got great special effects, great story..and they throw Eddie Murphy into it! God, it was horrible. Like watching a 40s movie where the 'black' character exclaims, "Ghost! We don't be wantin' nothing to do wit' no ghosts!"

This could have been good, but it's going to suck.

Least Pirates of the Caribbean was good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom