Haunted Mansion to Return with New Enhancements and Magic :(

Purduevian

Goodbye classic hitchhiking ghosts. ☹️
Haunted mansion at DL might have the worst capacity reduction in DL with social distancing... Is there any sort of bypass for the Streching room/ Elevators? at WDW they are just using it a queue space... but that doesn't work here.

Homemade Imagineering

Haunted mansion at DL might have the worst capacity reduction in DL with social distancing... Is there any sort of bypass for the Streching room/ Elevators? at WDW they are just using it a queue space... but that doesn't work here.
There's the Chicken Exit, but I'm not sure how efficient that'll be.

180º

Goodbye classic hitchhiking ghosts. ☹️
We don’t know that for sure. The 2011 WDW additions are dated and irrelevant and I doubt we’ll see them over here. I’m hoping for a Constance 3.0 at the very least.

This is the most extensive refurbishment the Mansion has had in 20 years and it‘s long overdue. So turn that frown :( upside down :)

cmwade77

I think they will use new tech and come up with some cool things here.

As for how to manage capacity, there is a stairwell that they could use and then only use the stretching rooms for guests with disabilities that prevent them from using the stairs. I don't see how they could use the stretching rooms for everyone without capacity issues and indoor time restriction issues. Of course at 15% of capacity, it may not be the issue we are thinking it will be.

Disney Analyst

I don't remember Mansion being closed before the shutdown.

This is concerning.

It was, it was all scaffolded up and everything. Here's a photo from before the park closed:

"The refurbishment of Haunted Mansion is extensive. Paneling was removed and replaced, scenes were refreshed, animatronics calibrated and restored, and costumes replaced. . . . "

Disneyland-news-Mansion-1.jpeg

SuddenStorm

Back in February 2020 I was actually excited for the refurbishment. Mansion was looking rough- many broken effects, it needed a paint refresh, and a lighting refresh. It seemed like the park was heading in the right direction after a botched 2019, with Mansion and Indy receiving refurbishments, the potential for Snow White being improved, and Avengers Campus.

But after 2020 turned out to be worse then 2019, with the Splash and Jungle changes- I don't trust WDI to do anything to these attractions. Let the maintenance guys in to fix things up but don't let anyone do anything beyond fixing what's there.

That said, if the old bride figure was sitting in a closet somewhere I wouldn't mind if someone accidentally swapped it with the Constance figure.

180º

Back in February 2020 I was actually excited for the refurbishment. Mansion was looking rough- many broken effects, it needed a paint refresh, and a lighting refresh. It seemed like the park was heading in the right direction after a botched 2019, with Mansion and Indy receiving refurbishments, the potential for Snow White being improved, and Avengers Campus.

But after 2020 turned out to be worse then 2019, with the Splash and Jungle changes- I don't trust WDI to do anything to these attractions. Let the maintenance guys in to fix things up but don't let anyone do anything beyond fixing what's there.

That said, if the old bride figure was sitting in a closet somewhere I wouldn't mind if someone accidentally swapped it with the Constance figure.
I am wary as well but after the Hatbox Ghost and the Disneyland-specific improvements in the recent Pirates refurb, I’m hopeful.

mickEblu

Original Poster

🙏🙏Please God let the Constance figure be replaced with this new “magic.”

SplashJacket

I don't see any reason to be negative about the Jungle changes. I'm actually excited about them.

Snow White looks great as well.

But the capacity issues should be no trouble at all. The parks will be run at 15% capacity. The parks will be dead.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom