Haunted Mansion to Return with New Enhancements and Magic :(

D.Silentu

I think the poster was more concerned with the Windows than the Stairs - seeing as how you'd have "bookended" the house in a strange way by being able to "see outside" on two closely placed opposing sides
Thank you, this is indeed what I meant. I am aware of the spacial incongruity within the house and unbothered by it. However, what I was attempting to say is that if I can see the windows on the opposite ends of the house from one spot, thereby assigning a width to the mansion, it would undermine the suspension of disbelief.

George Lucas on a Bench

I added some New Magic to my bedroom.

20210326_171256.jpg

Charming little Luminara flameless candle nightlight. As you all know, the tech was originally developed for HM and can be seen to this day within the ride. It's like having Imagineering tech in your house, only it's not a crappy modern enhancement.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

I got a bad feeling they added the photo pass, removed the hangman and switched out the hitchhiking ghosts for the stupid cartoon ones. i got a sinking feeling in my stomach. i will always love the mansion but if the hangman or the hitchhikers are gone- man that is going to make the ride soooo less enjoyable going forward.

VicariousCorpse

I got a bad feeling they added the photo pass, removed the hangman and switched out the hitchhiking ghosts for the stupid cartoon ones. i got a sinking feeling in my stomach. i will always love the mansion but if the hangman or the hitchhikers are gone- man that is going to make the ride soooo less enjoyable going forward.
I heard the cgi hitchhikers are gonna do Fortnite dances.

Old Mouseketeer

Is that ADA accessible?

When we've gone with my mom in a chair, we always went through the elevator. The weird thing is you have to go through the stretching room when you enter AND when you leave. It feels so wrong. lol.

No. It has multiple exits going to it. The door in the middle of the hallway, opposite the changing portraits, starts with a ramp with a tight turn that would not be up to ADA. The door at the end of the Load belt starts with stairs. Exit path ends with stairs then exits in the outdoor mausoleum wall and comes out next the the HM FastPass.

Alternatively, they could put an exit elevator at the Unload belt, but they would have to reengineer the maintenance stairs next to the HM exit, which back up to Splash.

Old Mouseketeer

I have long hoped that something will be done with the “boundless realm“ loading area. I remember when it was much darker and really did seem strange and ethereal with the dim wispy lights playing across the back and the bizarre spiderwebs hanging towards the end of the room! I understand and support the need for safety lighting, but I’ve always wondered why they didn’t use soft blue gels. Theaters across the country use these backstage because the light bleed is minimum.

I think that Paris’ grand staircase scene is quite striking, but it wouldn’t work with our mansion. Paris’ portrait hallway does not have windows as ours does. To come from a hallway with windows to a staircase with windows on the opposite side creates a mansion with absurd dimensions.

And at DL, the chandeliers over the Load Belt have nekkid ladies in the metal work.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Upon your return to the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland park, you may discover the ghosts have been busy updating a few elements in and around the estate…

Outside, freshly landscaped details now adorn the site for dearly departed pets, representing their stories from beyond the grave.

Inside, a keen eye will notice a few dastardly design embellishments along the portrait hallway, including the return of an old, perhaps familiar face. One of the Mansion’s original portraits known as “April to December” once again graces the hallway. As you step closer to your doom buggy, you’ll see the lovely young woman aging before your eyes!"

DavidDL

So the "picture box" Disney filed permits for was literally just that? A picture box location for April/December? Haha.

Sharon&Susan

"Upon your return to the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland park, you may discover the ghosts have been busy updating a few elements in and around the estate…

Outside, freshly landscaped details now adorn the site for dearly departed pets, representing their stories from beyond the grave.

Inside, a keen eye will notice a few dastardly design embellishments along the portrait hallway, including the return of an old, perhaps familiar face. One of the Mansion’s original portraits known as “April to December” once again graces the hallway. As you step closer to your doom buggy, you’ll see the lovely young woman aging before your eyes!"

Nice to see April-December back with all four frames that Marc Davis intended. New loading station decoration looks better than what was there before, but that's not saying much.

George Lucas on a Bench

Everyone can breathe a sigh of relief! "Picture Box" seems to have had nothing to do with a photo op replacement of the ending mirrors or something stupid. Rather, it was the return of another classic previously removed element?

hmh029384029834029384023948fi-768x432.jpg

Considering they're plugging New Foliage with an extremely terrible Kim Irvine narrated video, I want to say this is all they've got for changes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom