Haunted Mansion Secrets

Sped2424

I just re-read it and I still do not see what exaggerated mess you are talking about.
I'm really gonna have to list everything wrong in the article? Ok then.
There was never ever not once a seen shot in Walt Disney World's haunted mansion for the terrible 2003 film with eddie murphy if you don't believe me check it out here. (x)
Tim burtons people never took a tour and just left things scattered around the mansion, the hidden jack skellintons were intential and were done by imagineering because we didn't get the overlay.
gh-1.jpg

Do you think tim burton left the jack skellinton on his forehead too :0?
The spiders that used to be abundant in the scene were not relocated to the jungle cruise as many have stated that those spiders were there before the 2007 refurb got rid of them.
The maintenance story of a man who tap danced was so ridiculous and far fetched. Not to mention not a single other claim about that "story" is found anywhere.
As for the name of the raven I don't know if cast members gave him a name but it seems like they took the story of george the ghost from pirates and slapped it onto the raven. Also I doubt cast members are allowed to pet him every day before opening.
There was never an incident of a guest who tried to get leota's ball and fell and broke his leg, but people didn't hear him cause they thought his screaming was part of the ride.
The dresses the ballroom ghosts wear are not patterned off the princesses of snow white, cinderella, or sleeping beauty.
This is all just from a little research I'm sure if I was really acclimated with the mansion I could find a lot more wrong with the article. Some of the things they mentioned are true, but the rest remains an exaggerated mess.

Last edited:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I'm really gonna have to list everything wrong in the article? Ok then.
There was never ever not once a seen shot in Walt Disney World's haunted mansion for the terrible 2003 film with eddie murphy if you don't believe me check it out here. (x)
Tim burtons people never took a tour and just left things scattered around the mansion, the hidden jack skellintons were intential and were done by imagineering because we didn't get the overlay.
gh-1.jpg

Do you think tim burton left the jack skellinton on his forehead too :0?
The spiders that used to be abundant in the scene were not relocated to the jungle cruise as many have stated that those spiders were there before the 2007 refurb got rid of them.
The maintenance story of a man who tap danced was so ridiculous and far fetched. Not to mention not a single other claim about that "story" is found anywhere.
As for the name of the raven I don't know if cast members gave him a name but it seems like they took the story of george the ghost from pirates and slapped it onto the raven. Also I doubt cast members are allowed to pet him every day before opening.
There was never an incident of a guest who tried to get leota's ball and fell and broke his leg, but people didn't hear him cause they thought his screaming was part of the ride.
The dresses the ballroom ghosts wear are not patterned off the princesses of snow white, cinderella, or sleeping beauty.
This is all just from a little research I'm sure if I was really acclimated with the mansion I could find a lot more wrong with the article. Some of the things they mentioned are true, but the rest remains an exaggerated mess.
Thank you. That makes for a much more valid point than to summarily dismiss the whole article.

graphite1326

CM walking tours happen about twice a month before the park opens. It is not ran by Imagineering but rather HM cast members. After the walking tour, CMs ride the attraction in normal conditions (lights off) but are allowed take all the flash pictures their hearts desire.

This is the only walking tour of the HM that I believe is currently available and is only for CMs.
I know this is an old post but I went on a tour of the HM. I was there as part of a group that was taking the business skills talks they give. We were under the track and in the ball room. I know how it works and I am not telling.

raven

I know this is an old post but I went on a tour of the HM. I was there as part of a group that was taking the business skills talks they give. We were under the track and in the ball room. I know how it works and I am not telling.

How what works?

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
actually I think it is intentional

It was based off the original blueprint design for the museum of weird as a "talking chair" concept that was later scraped. The image while still reminiscent to a face; was never meant to look like Donald. Disneyland's version looks nothing like Donald! WDW's chair does have "duck-like" lines, but only because the face motif was painted more simplistic and less angular than the original.

Last edited:

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
The resemblance is uncanny! Those two "broken image" graphics look exactly the same.

But to answer your question...We see what we want to see plain and simple.

Djali999

Just leaving this here for future generations:

The CM HM walking "tour" is run by trainers at the Mansion, not by Imagineering. WDI also does HM tours from time to time, usually for behind the scenes business units or managers. Regular CMs get the trainers.

The veracity of the information in these tours varies wildly depending on who does the tour. A great deal of the information in the post which started this thread is patently false. While I worked at Mansion, I often helped out several of the trainers get their information straight, but even then we had things like the guy who insisted on telling everyone that the show building for Pirates was originally built to house Western River Expedition and other similar nonsense. There's really no oversight on what is said on these things, so you can imagine that a lot of speculation and myth gets repeated. A lot of the WDW tours are that way, actually. WDI took over Keys to the Kingdom a few years ago trying to tamp down on the inaccurate info being repeated.

It is a tradition to pet the raven, however. That one was started by Ginger. At the start of the day two CMs walk the ride path, one on the left of the buggies, another on the right, so make sure that the ride is ready to open. The CM on the left pets the Conservatory raven, the one on the right pets the Graveyard Hill raven. There's nothing supernatural about it, just an old tradition. The ride starts up fine if nobody pets the raven.

The Hatbox Ghost

A couple years ago I did the all-day Backstage Magic tour of all four parks and it was great. But had I known we could see behind the scenes of the HM on the Keys to the Kingdom tour I'd have done that one. Twice! The Keys to the Kingdom tour is 5 hours for $79 while the Backstage Magic was 8 hours for $255.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom