Haunted Mansion Secrets

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Raven , thank you for that info, too bad for us on no tour. I just go to Martins videos and watch his long version of his "walk thru"...music, no naration..which my wife and I love! We watched it many times before our last trip and when we rode...many times...we picked out many things we had missed before!
What? Martin did a "Walk-through " of the mansion and filmed it? Link please?

Wbnemo1

I know when I used to conduct the tours it was a open thing that you set up through either management or guest relations...I'll have the current way to do this if possible today and will post it, as stated, it may only be available to castmembers now..
Babs

ExtinctJenn

I know when I used to conduct the tours it was a open thing that you set up through either management or guest relations...I'll have the current way to do this if possible today and will post it, as stated, it may only be available to castmembers now..
Babs
Someone posted above from their personal experience that it's a CM tour only so if that's wrong and there is a way, definitely let us know!

heartodisney

What? Martin did a "Walk-through " of the mansion and filmed it? Link please?
I just went to his website and roamed around the sit, pulled up the Haunted Mansion, sat the family down around the big screen and we enjoyed a wonderful slow view of the HM! I am sorry Unkadug, I am not computer savy, or I would link you over...please forgive tthis silly man!

ExtinctJenn

I just went to his website and roamed around the sit, pulled up the Haunted Mansion, sat the family down around the big screen and we enjoyed a wonderful slow view of the HM! I am sorry Unkadug, I am not computer savy, or I would link you over...please forgive tthis silly man!
Was it this one?

Or this one?

ExtinctJenn

sounds amazing.. can some one explain the ring
The original "ring" was basically a piece of a pole that was left after changing the queue around a bit. Though not done purposely, it became something of an "insider" thing in that folks started to say it was the bride's wedding/engagement ring or the ring of one of her many deceased husbands etc. It was just a plain metal circle in the pavement. When they did the queue refurbishment Imagineering decided to play on the rumor and decided to embed an actual ring in the pavement.

J03Y

that's it. becoming a HM CM just for the walking tour.

and this secret has nothing to do with WDW's HM, but in Disneyland's there are real ghosts that haunt it i believe. i read it somewhere, there is a man with a cane, a man in a tuxedo who i believe had died in a plane crash near DLR, and a boy who is crying near the end of the ride who is haunting because his mother spread his ashes somewhere in the ride.

Figmentation

You know, since we're doing secrets/rumors/speculation... has anyone been able to confirm the story about exiting the mansion from the attic during the ride?

When you leave the attic, the reason why you go backwards down the hill into the graveyard is Lenoa pushed you out the window. All the ghosts come out to party because technically you just died, and the gravekeeper is looking at YOU which is why he is so afraid.

Still, thats just one of the many rumors behind the ride.. there are so many, it's hard to count. :)

ExtinctJenn

You know, since we're doing secrets/rumors/speculation... has anyone been able to confirm the story about exiting the mansion from the attic during the ride?

When you leave the attic, the reason why you go backwards down the hill into the graveyard is Lenoa pushed you out the window. All the ghosts come out to party because technically you just died, and the gravekeeper is looking at YOU which is why he is so afraid.

Still, thats just one of the many rumors behind the ride.. there are so many, it's hard to count. :)
Once upon a time I was on a website that had the full official story of the mansion as written by the Imagineers but for the life of me now I can't find it. That sounds somewhat familiar however I don't think it was Leota that had pushed you out but rather the bride (Constance). Don't quote me on that though... I honestly have a crap memory and without finding that site I'm just speculating. LOL

Figmentation

Once upon a time I was on a website that had the full official story of the mansion as written by the Imagineers but for the life of me now I can't find it. That sounds somewhat familiar however I don't think it was Leota that had pushed you out but rather the bride (Constance). Don't quote me on that though... I honestly have a crap memory and without finding that site I'm just speculating. LOL

Well someone killed us! :p

CaptainShortty

CM walking tours happen about twice a month before the park opens. It is not ran by Imagineering but rather HM cast members. After the walking tour, CMs ride the attraction in normal conditions (lights off) but are allowed take all the flash pictures their hearts desire.

This is the only walking tour of the HM that I believe is currently available and is only for CMs.

There is also a walking your available as part of one of the youth programs. At least there used to be. Not sure if they still do it. It isn't as in depth as the CM one but does give a lot of info.

I've gone the CM walking your twice and it is by far the coolest tour experience ive had a WDW. There is so much detail and back story in that attraction it's ridiculous. Plus, I even got to sit at the organ in the ballroom which was amazing.

Sans Souci

There is also a walking your available as part of one of the youth programs. At least there used to be. Not sure if they still do it. It isn't as in depth as the CM one but does give a lot of info.

I've gone the CM walking your twice and it is by far the coolest tour experience ive had a WDW. There is so much detail and back story in that attraction it's ridiculous. Plus, I even got to sit at the organ in the ballroom which was amazing.

My husband went on this with our son on Monday and they went in the ballroom scene. He said they were right there in the ballroom while the doom buggies were going by. They were told to keep quiet. While they could not seen, they could be heard by people in the doom buggies. The topic of the tour was sound and light waves. My two guys really enjoyed it. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom