Haunted Mansion Secrets

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

ExtinctJenn

I have this nagging feeling that there is some half truth to that article. I can't imagine that if that person was honestly on an official walking tour of the mansion (which I've never once heard of) that they'd be allowed to take flash pictures inside the attraction like the few they posted. Not to mention both are very obviously taken from a Doom Buggy and not backstage.

EDIT: I see they say they are a CM so I'm guessing this wasn't an "official" tour but rather something for CMs that Imagineering is doing?

cba

I agree because I went on Google and couldn't find any walking tours, unless it's only something you can do once.
I have this nagging feeling that there is some half truth to that article. I can't imagine that if that person was honestly on an official walking tour of the mansion (which I've never once heard of) that they'd be allowed to take flash pictures inside the attraction like the few. they posted. Not to mention both are very obviously taken from a Doom Buggy and not backstage.

EDIT: I see they say they are a CM so I'm guessing this wasn't an "official" tour but rather something for CMs that Imagineering is doing?

raven

I have this nagging feeling that there is some half truth to that article. I can't imagine that if that person was honestly on an official walking tour of the mansion (which I've never once heard of) that they'd be allowed to take flash pictures inside the attraction like the few they posted. Not to mention both are very obviously taken from a Doom Buggy and not backstage.

CM walking tours happen about twice a month before the park opens. It is not ran by Imagineering but rather HM cast members. After the walking tour, CMs ride the attraction in normal conditions (lights off) but are allowed take all the flash pictures their hearts desire.

This is the only walking tour of the HM that I believe is currently available and is only for CMs.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
The ring is not supposed to be a ring, actually it is supposed to be a part of the pole that used to be there.

Actually, it used to just be the remains of a queue pole that was cut off, but in the renovation last year when they dropped in the interactive queue, they embedded a real ring in the pavement.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
CM walking tours happen about twice a month before the park opens. It is not ran by Imagineering but rather HM cast members. After the walking tour, CMs ride the attraction in normal conditions (lights off) but are allowed take all the flash pictures their hearts desire.

This is the only walking tour of the HM that I believe is currently available and is only for CMs.
Years ago I remember seeing people walking around with flashlights behind the windows in the Grand Ballroom. Was that some tour or was it security cast members checking us out?

steviej

it's true, they offer it to cm's once in a blue moon, I tried so much to get on it when I was doing my cp's

heartodisney

Raven , thank you for that info, too bad for us on no tour. I just go to Martins videos and watch his long version of his "walk thru"...music, no naration..which my wife and I love! We watched it many times before our last trip and when we rode...many times...we picked out many things we had missed before!

wiigirl

OMG...a walking tour of the HM!!! :D

75.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom