Haunted Mansion Restaurant

mergatroid

Would be a brilliant idea but would have to be next to the attraction to work imho. It would no doubt cost a lot of money to do it well, but if Disney were willing to do that it could be very good indeed. Personally I think the entrance would have to be alongside the entrance or exit to the ride to make it work, space permitting? They then would have to build a path or corridor to get you to the restaurant building, hopefully without allowing you to see any ugly backstage area.

rushtest4echo

How about a haunted dinner cruise aboard the Liberty Belle? ;)

Just spitballing, but between dressing the servers as Mansion Butler zombies (like during the Halloween Parties), throwing up a few projectors along Rivers of America, and maybe doing some spooky stories and having sound effects tie in around the river- I know plenty of people that would pay $100 a head for that. Have it last around 45 minutes and you can have 2 or 3 cruises a night for 300 people at a time.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Personally, I'm a fan of the chicken pot pie at CHH, a far better/tastier choice than 90% of the other QS offerings available. Thus, I would not be in favor of its removal. Plus, thematically it wouldn't fit with Libert....

[banging and thumps heard]

[Multiple voices heard saying, "THEME DOESN'T MATTER!!!! SAY IT!!!!", followed by grunts and groans of the poster, seemingly in pain]

Uhhh... you're right, replacing CHH is a great idea! I love Mr. Chapek and Mr. Iger and everything they do!! They're geniuses!!!

;)

Bocabear

How about a haunted dinner cruise aboard the Liberty Belle? ;)

Just spitballing, but between dressing the servers as Mansion Butler zombies (like during the Halloween Parties), throwing up a few projectors along Rivers of America, and maybe doing some spooky stories and having sound effects tie in around the river- I know plenty of people that would pay $100 a head for that. Have it last around 45 minutes and you can have 2 or 3 cruises a night for 300 people at a time.
That sounds like a cheap way to do it...and the food would be awful because there is no kitchen aboard so just catered in...But it is definitely a way Disney could do it on the cheap and create a new upcharge type attraction rather than a beautiful new dining venue...
But truly if they did and and did it well, it would no doubt be the most popular restaurant on property. Who wouldn't love it?

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...
They could actually fit a building about the size of BOG behind the Interactive queue area, creat an old carriage road style path to bypass the queue, terminating in the West Wing of Gracey Manor...complete with a grand yet delapadated Porte Cochere (where the fictional Ball guests would have been dropped off)...Themed the "Chilly Reception and Swinging Wake" dining experience... It could be amazing!
hm-restaurant-jpg.201309

2FFCC099-A15B-48C2-9093-B9A4CC679841.jpg

Bocabear

yes enjoy your haunted steamed dinner about the haunted steamboat... the idea sounds less interesting but I am sure many would love to do it...

doctornick

Replacing CHH would convert too much of Liberty Square into a creepy aesthetic especially as it's not right next to Memento Mori -- there's a walkway to Fantasyland between those two buildings. I'd strongly support an additional build behind/next to the Haunted Mansion and they should have enough space to be able to create a path to such and be able to hide it properly from the RoA.

jt04

The first venue I thought of upon hearing this was the Horseshoe. Expanding LS and giving the restaurant a different front-facing angle towards HM could work. Liberty Belle might need new parking but then the scale has always been a bit off for where it is now. IMO.

L.C. Clench

That sounds like a cheap way to do it...and the food would be awful because there is no kitchen aboard so just catered in...But it is definitely a way Disney could do it on the cheap and create a new upcharge type attraction rather than a beautiful new dining venue...
But truly if they did and and did it well, it would no doubt be the most popular restaurant on property. Who wouldn't love it?
Based on the newest idea at DL it wouldn't surprise me to see the old Keel Boat area turned into the Haunted Mansion lounge offering a unique view of parades and fireworks with a boxed lunch for parades and boxed cupcake for fireworks priced at only $49 a person.

Kman101

I'd hate to see this concept executed at the expense of CHH. Plenty of room on the backside of HM to make it happen.

Same here, but we all know that's probably what they'll do. They seem to dislike the term "new build" ...

Personally they need to do better with Diamond Horseshoe and Tortuga Tavern as well. Both concepts could be so much more in line with their "theme". And Tomorrowland Terrace. What wastes. The busiest park and they have three restaurants that are closed a lot of time and when open have limited hours and lackluster options.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom