Haunted Mansion Restaurant

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Based on the newest idea at DL it wouldn't surprise me to see the old Keel Boat area turned into the Haunted Mansion lounge offering a unique view of parades and fireworks with a boxed lunch for parades and boxed cupcake for fireworks priced at only $49 a person.

Seems a little low by TWDC standards, but I like the way you think.

Sped2424

Uh no. No it does not.
I think you are confusing what I want vs the likely scenario of what I think is going to happen. I for one would love a new restaurant and kitchen build. Knowing tdo it ain't happening so for me the only logical place they would build this would be right across the street from the mansion. Hopefully I'm wrong as this is just me spit balling but I can't think of a better place where they could do this on the cheap.

Sped2424

If they make this restaurant, it will definitely be table service. Which would rule out the quick service Columbia Harbor House removal, imho.
You know you can rework the space to be a table service in no time at all? Right? Especially if they are going to theme it to the mansion the place would need a face lift inside anyways.

montyz81

Wow, rumors galore in the last 12 or so months. I can't keep up with them all. Maybe, just maybe a Horizons v2 rumor will come up next. I hear there is some space available between Energy and M:S. Just an empty building that could somehow be re purposed. After all it is the same shape as CoP, so somehow a new ride based on CoP, Horizons 1.0 and the original E.P.C.O.T idea could be created (should be created) for the 50th anniversary of the only resort that bares it's founders full name!

HMF

Thinking more about this, I feel it is a really bad idea. Awesome in theory, but just not the right decision.
I think it can be a very good idea. IF done right. Of course it gives them an excuse to get rid of PLQ and I fully endorse that.

Kman101

Uh no. No it does not.

It doesn't but like I said ... we all know that's where this has the potential of going :(

And it will be a massive hit if done right. It is a great idea, but it would suck if it replaced CHH. However that's exactly where I fear it's going.

Memento Mori is popular and HM merch is popular. The restaurant/and/or/bar will be a huge hit.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
It doesn't but like I said ... we all know that's where this has the potential of going :(

And it will be a massive hit if done right. It is a great idea, but it would suck if it replaced CHH. However that's exactly where I fear it's going.

Memento Mori is popular and HM merch is popular. The restaurant/and/or/bar will be a huge hit.

Yes it will, especially with those of us who really dislike CHH.

Bocabear

Yeah but you know, the only way this idea would work, would be to really purpose build something to carry the theme appropriately.. A "Tavern" style restaurant is not going to appropriately convey the theme of the Haunted Mansion...a Haunted Tavern will not equal the same thing... It really needs to be purpose built to work... Haunted Riverboat and Haunted CHH just won't be the right vibe...

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I looked for this as well. From what I could find, it seems to stand for "Pepe Le Queue," talking about the interactive enhancements made to the line a few years ago. Source: https://longforgottenhauntedmansion.blogspot.com/2011/05/decadence.html
I see. Thank you.
Not funny; although I agree.

I thought the queue looked great in the professional pics, but when I saw it the next year with my own eyes ... not so much. I thought it much smaller and very cramped. Probably one of those ideas that looked better on paper. The execution wasn't necessarily weak, but the spacing - ugh!

Unplugged

They could actually fit a building about the size of BOG behind the Interactive queue area, creat an old carriage road style path to bypass the queue, terminating in the West Wing of Gracey Manor...complete with a grand yet delapadated Porte Cochere (where the fictional Ball guests would have been dropped off)...Themed the "Chilly Reception and Swinging Wake" dining experience... It could be amazing!

I think that location could work really well. Easy access to deliveries from the back, plenty of potential tree cover along the West side, and the potential to do the same as BOG, QS by day, TS by evening. The only catch would be the re-working of the pathway along the river, but that really isn't that big of an issue as the potential revenue from such a location more than justifies having to rework the queue area.

Of course that would eliminate the potential for a pathway to an attraction behind HM, should they ever want to use the pad without filling in RoA. Though considering how DL has altered their river flow for SWL, WDW could easily re-route the train & RoA further back into that NW corner, to just prior to the upper waterway, which would open up the potential for a HM dining location and an attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom