Haunted Mansion refurbishment (HM refurb)

OctTrance31

Original Poster
Due to lack of funding or budget cuts, the dump gift shop at the end of HM has been cancelled. ALL HM merch except for the DOOM BUGGIE auto tag and HM skeleton key have been clearance. If I have to learn how to do photo in Liberty Sq.,then the gift shop will be placed at the end of the ride under the pet cemetary , but so far, not one in Liberty Sq is trained for photo yet.
The refurb to the HM is only to update lights and sound.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Due to lack of funding or budget cuts, the dump gift shop at the end of HM has been cancelled. ALL HM merch except for the DOOM BUGGIE auto tag and HM skeleton key have been clearance. If I have to learn how to do photo in Liberty Sq.,then the gift shop will be place, but so far, not one in Liberty Sq is trained for photo yet.

Could you say that again....I didnt quite understand you.

Welcome to the boards!

raven

Due to lack of funding or budget cuts, the dump gift shop at the end of HM has been cancelled. ALL HM merch except for the DOOM BUGGIE auto tag and HM skeleton key have been clearance. If I have to learn how to do photo in Liberty Sq.,then the gift shop will be placed at the end of the ride under the pet cemetary , but so far, not one in Liberty Sq is trained for photo yet.
The refurb to the HM is only to update lights and sound.

What's your sorce? Again this is still April 1st! :rolleyes:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Well, duh.

People aren't going to buy Haunted Mansion merch until the ride reopens and the closing is imminent. They're trying to move the stock that wont sell for months.

That alone doesn't prove anything.

OctTrance31

Original Poster
Souces for HM refurb

I have talked with a few cast members in Liberty Sq. merch. Just reflecting what they told me.

raven

I have talked with a few cast members in Liberty Sq. merch. Just reflecting what they told me.

Some of those CMs know as little as we do about anything going on. I have talked to other CMs about things happening that they didn't even know. Cast Members hear a wide variety of true and false things so don't always believe what they tell you.

OctTrance31

Original Poster
The other 2 parts to the rumors are...
(1) Nightmare Before Christmas will heppen this year. That's the reason for closing during the summer. That would be great if that happens. I want to see NBC at MK.
(2) A photo spot with the hitchhiking ghost was/is supose to be in the dump gift shop to the HM.
I have good souces in merch. in Liberty Sq.

raven

The other 2 parts to the rumors are...
(1) Nightmare Before Christmas will heppen this year. That's the reason for closing during the summer. That would be great if that happens.

We've heard this every year for about 3 years now. I'll believe it when I see it. :rolleyes: I'm not doubting your sorces. It's just that we've heard it before many times and nothing has ever happened. I too have 2 good sorces at HM.

OctTrance31

Original Poster
I jsut wish the MK would do Halloween as big as the other Disney Parks do. Paris, Hong Kong & Califor. do big events. MK barely decorates Main Street.

raven

I jsut wish the MK would do Halloween as big as the other Disney Parks do. Paris, Hong Kong & Califor. do big events. MK barely decorates Main Street.

Pick me! :sohappy:

If they let me decorate I would deck out the whole place in Halloween. I host a huge party every year and specialize in music, lighting, special effects and very realistic decorations!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
About sources..

I've seen concepts brought in, shown to management to trickle-down to CMs to boost moral at a failing venue, and then canned and the area closed for an indefinate period.

Nothing is set in stone until they pour the concrete.

disneylandkid

Account Suspended
About sources..

I've seen concepts brought in, shown to management to trickle-down to CMs to boost moral at a failing venue, and then canned and the area closed for an indefinate period.

Nothing is set in stone until they pour the concrete.

Yea and even then you don't know! :lol:

PurpleDragon

I love it when people come in here posting information as fact and when you ask for sources, they say a friend of a friend who works at MK, or a CM in the parks, or a bus driver. Its hilarious.

I'm sorry but unless information comes directly from corporate offices or from people who work with/around imagineers, then the information can simply be taken with a grain of salt. It has been proven on this site time and time again that CMs and Busdrivers are notorious for starting/spreading rumors based on hersay and false information. Most times the CMs don't know any more than those of us who visit this site.

I wish people would just quit speculating and complaining about the HM refurb and simply wait and see what comes of it.

MaXXimus

Can anyone give me the lowdown on this? Im going June 17th and Im hearing that June 6th its closing till Sept. Is this true? Man Im gonna be mad because there are not a ton of rides in MK that I like but that was sure one of them I did and with the family who has never been there before, it was on our to-do list. Any update on this would be much appreciated.

EDIT: Anything else I should be aware of June 17 - June 24?

According to the main site, it's going down. I'll be down in June, and yes, I'm sad that I won't get to do it, but I'd much rather see it get some much-needed TLC. It's going to be down when someone's there, so there's really no point in complaining about it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom