Haunted Mansion Refurb.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

During this refurb, they better re-route the queue so that you enter the Mansion from the FRONT DOOR!!! Entering the Haunted Mansion from the front door is an iconic experience, a rite of passage if you will, and the fact that for 50 years you've never been able to go through the front door... it's preposterous. Eddie Murphy goes through the front door in the iconic piece of film history The Haunted Mansion (2003), so why don't we? Cheapek better fix this or I'm cancelling Disney forever!!!
Not on the same level of complaint I have and you more or less do enter from the front. there is a front side door you enter from so it works so your point of sarcasim to make fun of my point sucks and you need to be wittier than that to one up me.

VJ

while my post was a joke, i'm surprised that people actually didn't know that wasn't the front door... the front door is on the other side...

smooch

Have the lot of you who are staunchly against any WDW-specific changes, ever actually ridden HM at WDW?

I'm genuinely curious.

I thought the staircase room was very cool but it doesn't fit in the HM to me, but the wallpaper fading into eyes was very cool. My parents and I both thought the hitchhiking ghosts looked very bad at WDW. I definitely prefer the DL version of the hitchhiking ghost effect and would be very sad to see it converted to an inferior version simply for photopass.

Little Green Men

I thought the staircase room was very cool but it doesn't fit in the HM to me, but the wallpaper fading into eyes was very cool. My parents and I both thought the hitchhiking ghosts looked very bad at WDW. I definitely prefer the DL version of the hitchhiking ghost effect and would be very sad to see it converted to an inferior version simply for photopass.
The ghosts have nothing to do with photopass in MKs mansion. The lightning effect in the first hallway of changing portraits is where they have photopass.

smooch

The ghosts have nothing to do with photopass in MKs mansion. The lightning effect in the first hallway of changing portraits is where they have photopass.

Oh my mistake, I honestly did not even look at the photos after the ride so I didn't know where they were. I still think it's fine for some rides to not have photopass and Haunted Mansion is one of them. The slower rides like Pirates and Haunted Mansion don't really have any spots that seem great for photos, they are pretty slow and keep you looking around the environment the whole time.

Th3 DUd3

Hatbox Ghost got some projection mapping ribs and effects. Never saw that before. Was at the parks on Saturday 12/23. (Edit: the 21st not the 23rd)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom