Haunted Mansion Refurb.

Mac Tonight

Have the lot of you who are staunchly against any WDW-specific changes, ever actually ridden HM at WDW?

I'm genuinely curious.

Mac Tonight

Agreed, they should just leave it HMH as it is the more popular/livelier version.
source.gif

Mac Tonight

I have and didn't care for it. The new queue and CGI ending didn't work at all for me. The stairs effect was okay and I kind of liked the wallpaper transitioning from eyes.
I agree the queue isn't that great, but I didn't find the ending as egregious as everyone else. Granted, it was back in 2012 before I let the online fandom turn me into a bitter cynic.

Phroobar

Have the lot of you who are staunchly against any WDW-specific changes, ever actually ridden HM at WDW?

I'm genuinely curious.
I've ridden the inferior WDW HM. It just doesn't feel alive anymore compared to DL with the stupid play yard outside and CG ghosts at the end. The only thing I would add from WDW to DL's HM is the sound effect of bending wood during the stretching room. The sound in that room is much better than Disneyland's. I would also like to hear an instrumental soundtrack similar to Phantom Manor but I can definitely live without that.

D.Silentu

I have not ridden the Florida mansion, but I have seen the effect on youtube. Usually not grounds to properly judge, but it seems to me the ghosts look like what they actually are, digital animations. Our modern eyes are so accustomed to unconsciously identifying these, that even an old magicians trick is more convincing.

PiratesMansion

I actually prefer the Florida/Tokyo Mansion overall, and the FL version is usually in better shape, believe it or not (I blame HMH).

But the "new" Hitchhiking ghosts call unnecessary attention to themselves and don't fit in with the rest of the ride at all. Why would you want to add a Photo or PhotoPass to Mansion anyhow?

I don't understand and have never understood dismissing an attraction because of its queue. I don't love MK's Mansion queue, but let's not pretend that there's anything particularly exceptional about DL's Mansion waiting area. Is WDW's Pirates suddenly better than DL's because it has a much better queue? No. Such arguments are nonsense.

At Disneyland, you walk past the front door directly behind the main columns. You go down the front of the house to the right side to a small door at the the very end of the covered porch.

THANK YOU and others who have pointed this out! Another thing that's maddening: "DL's Mansion is better because you go through the front door!" I mean, it's closer to being the front door than at MK/TDL, but it's very obviously NOT what would be the front door if the facade was a real house. I have no problem with people liking DL's Mansion better, but some of the arguments people choose as to why that's the case...

Californian Elitist

I don’t think we’ve turned this into a DL vs MK Mansion. Some of us not wanting to see a new version of the Hitchhiking Ghosts and Photopass is not because they exist in Florida. We just don’t like the sound of that going into Mansion.

Mansion’s queue needs new paint, nothing more. It doesn’t need any extra gimmicks.

I will say that I’m ignoring some people in this thread and people may have said something that I’m unaware of, so there’s that. Lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom