Haunted Mansion Refurb.

ToTBellHop

You see, Disney COULD finish it in that period of time, they just don't. I mean hell, Universal finished the Mummy in no time. Why can't Disney ever do something like that?
Do you think Disney would make the decision to have the HM closed on the 4th of July lightly? They are well aware that they will get complaints and it will tick off guests. Clearly, if it is closed then, it needs to be for this to work. I haven't seen any specific announcement of what exactly they are doing (I'm not sure it's been 100% decided), so I'm not sure how one could predict whether they can or can't complete this project in 3 days, 3 weeks, or 3 months.

Fried Chicken

they do have an obligation to let people know if a ride is closing in a month and a half.
Hogwash. Read the back of your ticket next time and read the fine print that says "attractions are subject to close without notice." Sure it would be nice if they gave notice but they certainly have no obligation to do so.

And I have to add, who honestly cares if Disney World gets frivolous complaints this summer if the ride closes? If the ride is a must see, adjust your schedule accordingly. Attractions need to go down for maintenance and upgrades; while it is unfortunate that it may have to go down during a peak season, that's tough luck for the guest. Here's what I think the sign outside the Mansion should say if it does close.

"The Haunted Mansion is closed, please enjoy the other 100+ attractions here at the Walt Disney World resort.

Madam Leota

Why theres no HMH at WDW

What I have read/heard is that the reason WDW does not decorate the HM like the one in DL is becasue WDW has more "foreign" guest that may not understand/get the whole Jack Skeleton/Nightmare Before Christmas theme or see the connection. Guess the movie wasn't that popular in other countries.

Mansion Butler

What I have read/heard is that the reason WDW does not decorate the HM like the one in DL is becasue WDW has more "foreign" guest that may not understand/get the whole Jack Skeleton/Nightmare Before Christmas theme or see the connection. Guess the movie wasn't that popular in other countries.

I don't remember reading that. I can't think of who would have said that because it's not the reason.

iheartdisney91

guys, listen to yourself's you are fighting over a referbishment and an extra ride decor thing HMH. when the referb happens it happens, even though i want a set date but i have a feeling we arent getting one any time soon.:lookaroun

ears2you

Everytime I ride the Haunted Mansion I always wondered how much better it could be if Disney updated the 1960s technology the attarcation is based on.

They can do it right.

I was worried the Disney messing around with the Pirates will wreck the attraction like they wreck just about everything they touch, but adding Jack Sparrow did not wreck the attraction at all.

mmmmmm i agree
adding an AA that looks THAT much like Johnny Depp, definatly good,,,,yea *daydreams*

CJR

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't It's a Small World closed during the busy Christmas season a couple years ago? If so, the Fourth of July is nothing compared to that and it worked out just fine. IASW is about as big and popular as HM and it was closed during the busiest time of year at WDW, so I think Disney could do this pretty easily. It's not the first time a major attraction was closed during a busy time of the year.

Mansion Butler

IASW is about as big and popular as HM and it was closed during the busiest time of year at WDW, so I think Disney could do this pretty easily. It's not the first time a major attraction was closed during a busy time of the year.

Small World's capacity does not even approach the Mansion's. Nor does the uproar of when it's closed.

Go by the Mansion when it's down for any reason and go by Small World and gage the crowd reaction. That's not nearly of the same importance as Mansion's staggering capacity, but it is a factor.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom