Haunted Mansion opening early?

nodoubter810

Original Poster
Hi, I'm Allison & new here ::waves:: I've been a member, I've just never really been around but anyway, I'll be in Disney Aug. 30-Sept. 10 and was wondering if anyone knew if the Haunted Mansion might possibly open a little earlier than Sept. 12?

It's one of my favorite rides and I'm really bummed I'll be missing it by only 2 days, I do agree though that it was in need of refurbishing.

Any information will be greatly appreciated and if I posted this in the wrong spot please let me know so I can delete it.

Thanks in advance
<3a.

LivinWitTheLand

I'm sure they are trying their hardest to make sure that the 12th is the last day it is closed since the first Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party is on the 14th. A huge portion of the event is themed around the mansion.

I would think due to the popularity of the attraction, if everything was finished early Im sure they would open it up earlier. Who knows how long they are really planning on taking though. I would stop by the MK on the 10th and keep your fingers crossed. You never know, maybe they will do a "preview" and you might be in the right place at the right time.

I feel your pain. We actually moved our trip this year so we would be there when the Mansion opens back up.

ToTBellHop

Welcome aboard Allison. Unfortunately, there is little precedent for attractions reopening from refurbishments to open early. From my understanding, it will be pretty tight trying to get it open by the 12th as it is. Things can always change, but I certainly wouldn't bet money on getting to ride. But, if you like, Stitch's Great Escape is roughly as long as the Haunted Mansion, it's dark, and it sucks. So just bring an MP3 player with the audio from the HM and you can pretend you are riding while the rampant stupidity from Stitch goes on around you.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It is always possible that it will be in a soft opening format before the official opening but I would not plan on it nor will Disney to tell you if they are attempting to open in early.(even day of) PotC went into a soft opening about a week prior to it's official opening but from what has been reported the refurb of HM is considerably more involved than the one done on PotC so I think the chances of the same thing happening at HM are slim.

Chezman1399

When Pirates was done Disney did a Soft opening. However they also had most of there work done a month or two before before that happened. And with Pirates, it went down, they spent a few weeks fixing it up and doing most of the difficult work during this time, reopened it for the Easter, closed it back down for a little bit to do the move in and test all the new characters. So yes it has been done before, but work was done in multiple stages, and it was overall a 4 or 5 month process. This Mansion Refurb is only 3 months of closure, and has a lot of work to be done as well as getting the new ghosts to behave so it may have a soft opening, but with the work that is being done I wouldn't think it would be likely.

ThinkTink721

I am just hoping that the HM opens on time (9/13).
We will be at WDW 9/8-9/16 & we hope that it will be open by the end of our trip.
:wave:

darkstarx13

i was recently in MK only to find out that HM was closed...damn.

but does anyone know what they are doing inside? new ghosts? (as it says on the front of the door) different track? faster?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

but does anyone know what they are doing inside? new ghosts? (as it says on the front of the door) different track? faster?
Have a look elsewhere in the forum for a LOT of news...

Mecha Figment

;yep they are turning the mansion into a rapid indoor suspended roller coaster called the screaming banshee.

Buried20KLeague

Welcome aboard Allison. Unfortunately, there is little precedent for attractions reopening from refurbishments to open early. From my understanding, it will be pretty tight trying to get it open by the 12th as it is. Things can always change, but I certainly wouldn't bet money on getting to ride. But, if you like, Stitch's Great Escape is roughly as long as the Haunted Mansion, it's dark, and it sucks. So just bring an MP3 player with the audio from the HM and you can pretend you are riding while the rampant stupidity from Stitch goes on around you.

:ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:

ToTBellHop

;yep they are turning the mansion into a rapid indoor suspended roller coaster called the screaming banshee.
no...no...no...NO. Get with the program. Starting in September, guests will be able to thrill as the Red Hot Chili Peppers join 999 ghosts in Rockin' Haunted Mansion.

I will never let Disney live-down the "Rockin' Both Parks" flop.

tooltime

It is always possible that it will be in a soft opening format before the official opening but I would not plan on it nor will Disney to tell you if they are attempting to open in early.(even day of) PotC went into a soft opening about a week prior to it's official opening but from what has been reported the refurb of HM is considerably more involved than the one done on PotC so I think the chances of the same thing happening at HM are slim.

let's cross out fingers but i think this is good advice

M:SpilotISTC12

I went to the dining with the imagineer and he is working on HM and said that Leota is leaving the ball and will be floating. They said its going to be very similar to the rehab done to the HM in DL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom