Haunted Mansion - New Chair!

DisneySam

I hope that the Mansion does get some much needed TLC, Small World style. I have been fortunate enough to not have any less-than-great experiences on the ride.

brkgnews

General Grizz said:
According to Cast Members, Mansion is in horrible shape. One described a day last week when the load broke, the narration was absent, and Little Leota stopped working (and the ride should be shut down anyway if this figure doesn't function, according to the CM).

Not to mention the time last April when big'ol Leota had a bad case of laryngitis and was casting her seance spells silently. The ride was NOT shut down. Personally, I'd think that would be a bigger 101 trigger than little Leota.

DisneyDellsDude

I hope that the new chair means a total referb of the Haunted Mansion. With all the new technology, there are many things possible for that ride. That would be cool if they made the ride longer too.

Epcot82Guy

Lengthening the ride wouldn't be probable (possible, yes, but VERY difficult and expensive). However, rumors about an IASW-style rehab have been floating around for awhile. It seems most of the major MK attractions are going to get them; it is a matter or when and in what order.

HMGhost13

if anything, darken the lights in the graveyard scene. they're too bright. Anyone else notice this? I saw it last September, you can see the scrim. but some TLC would greatly needed for HM. Including new audio output. I went on it last September and the tracks skipped at one point. It started in the middle of the speil in the ballroom, then stoped. continued and then went right backt ot he beginning of the ballroom that it missed. very poor show.

also, be great if they could find a level of sound where you don't hear the audio from the 5 buggies in front of you and the 5 behind you. tad annoying and ruins most of the effect. but definately some TLC for the most anticipated classic.

HMGhost13

Yes in the ballroom scene a very similar chair...lemme see if i can find a pic.

EDIT:

Here
v-fireplace.jpg

imagineer boy

I'm sure it will be back. Probably gone for maintenence or something. The one chair that I've always liked is the one chair near the doom buggies loading area next to the table with the lamp and open book on it. The wood work on it is so creepy looking.

Figment1986

Hmm.. If i remember correctly.. When DL's got Haunted Mansion Holiday the ride wehtn trhough a extensive refernbishment.. maybe if the Haunted mansion Holiday came to WDW.. it would do the same.. Make it nice and clean.. and remember.. extra budget goes to fixing new effects.. like DL's Madam Leota...

wdwishes2005

i personally have never noticed that particular chair (i really don't pay attention when not looking for hidden mickeys) but it sounds cool and i hope they bring it back. i agree that the HM needs some refurb but i hope they don't change any of the rooms themselves.

pinjim

We rode the Haunted Mansion June 1 and even my 8-year-old son noticed the chair was missing as did I and we jumped right back in line to ride again to confirm our "fears!"
:zipit: :eek:

SirGoofy

I don't know about the chair, but HM needs a looooong rehab. I rode it back in December, and it was in bad shape then. Some of the scenes were so dark I could barely see, the audio was impossible to hear, and the omnimovers were a little jerky. All I can hope for is a Small World-type rehab.

Invero

Original Poster
SirGoofy said:
I don't know about the chair, but HM needs a looooong rehab. I rode it back in December, and it was in bad shape then. Some of the scenes were so dark I could barely see, the audio was impossible to hear, and the omnimovers were a little jerky. All I can hope for is a Small World-type rehab.
It's been in desperate need of a rehabe for years, but last night was even worse. They had about 20 coffins that were taped off that we could not ride because of audio issues. Even the one I did ride had a lot of hissing and screeching static.

trr313

well keep us updated on the changes, I have to sadly admit I never noticed the chair before. It would be cool to look for it in the future. Thanks

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom