Haunted Mansion movie...WITHOUT EDDIE MURPHY!

FigmentJedi

The worst thing about the first movie was how the floating Leota head was introduced into the ride when they updated it. I hated that Leota was turned into a flying orb in the movie. She was supposed to be in a crystal ball if I'm not mistaken, not a flying orb. Anyway, I hated that change to the ride.
She's still a crystal ball, she's just got more psychic control of that little prison.

Martian Crab

I understand why some might be concerned with movie characters invading the ride if the movie is successful, but does anyone really hate Capt Jack in the PoTC ride?

The worst thing about the first movie was how the floating Leota head was introduced into the ride when they updated it. I hated that Leota was turned into a flying orb in the movie. She was supposed to be in a crystal ball if I'm not mistaken, not a flying orb. Anyway, I hated that change to the ride.

You can't understand how someone can hate Jack Sparrow but you get upset over the floating crystal ball?
The POTC was ruined for me by the changes I just hope they leave the Mansion alone.

Pepper's Ghost

You can't understand how someone can hate Jack Sparrow but you get upset over the floating crystal ball?
The POTC was ruined for me by the changes I just hope they leave the Mansion alone.

Actually, you misquoted me. I said that "I understand why some might be concerned with movie characters invading the ride if the movie is successful, but does anyone really hate Capt Jack in the PoTC ride?...". I just asked if anyone really hated the addition of Jack to the ride. No one I know felt it was ruined with that addition, but if it does ruin it for you, I can understand. Some people feel it's sacrilege to mess with a classic. I can understand that viewpoint. I personally didn't hate it. I would've been fine if they left it alone, and fine with him in probably because they didn't overdo it in my opinion. I respect your opinion though.

With that said however, there is a difference between the addition of Jack from a very good movie, and the addition of a floating crystal ball from a pretty bad movie. That's just my opinion though. I would've preferred that they did not incorporate any part of the Eddie Murphy movie into the ride. I may feel differently if GdT pulls off this daunting feat he's challenged with. Regardless of how good the movie might be, there's bound to be more than enough people who will rip apart his efforts even if it is a great movie. There's always at least one in a crowd.

imagineer boy

I understand why some might be concerned with movie characters invading the ride if the movie is successful, but does anyone really hate Capt Jack in the PoTC ride? I loved the ride before Jack, but it's just as good with. Before the movie was released, I don't think anyone could've fathomed that a movie character would be so popular as to inspire a change to the ride, but if a character in the new HM movie is that inspiring, I wouldn't mind some minor tweaks. I'm guessing it would be unlikely to have a character that could possibly be as popular as Jack that would inspire a chance to the ride though. The hatbox ghost is a good choice as a main character though because if he is popular, the addition of him to the ride shouldn't stir up too much of a fuss.

Well, Jack Sparrow was a once in a life time cultural phenomenon. That pretty much warrented him being in the ride. Even if the new HM movie is awesome, I highly doubt it will have anything as big as Jack Sparrow that would warrant putting characters in the ride. So I think the HM may mostly be safe from changes.

Pepper's Ghost

Well, Jack Sparrow was a once in a life time cultural phenomenon. That pretty much warrented him being in the ride. Even if the new HM movie is awesome, I highly doubt it will have anything as big as Jack Sparrow that would warrant putting characters in the ride. So I think the HM may mostly be safe from changes.

I agree 100%. The incredible character that is Jack, and the fact that Depp was the perfect person to play the role made him big enough to add to the ride. In my opinion though, they didn't flood the ride with him. I think they added him to just three scenes. But I can understand why some might feel that they should have just left it alone.

I also agree that I can't imagine anyone in an HM movie being big enough to add to the ride, with the small possibility of the hatbox ghost as someone else mentioned. I think even that is doubtful though. Change isn't always bad though. The change that they made to add the staircase room was AWESOME in my opinion! It added something unusual and fun to look as opposed to tired, fake spiders that you could barely see. To me it always felt like they forgot to finish that part of the ride.

gerryu21220

I understand why some might be concerned with movie characters invading the ride if the movie is successful, but does anyone really hate Capt Jack in the PoTC ride?

I love Captain Jack in the attraction. I think they really ruined it years ago when they moved the iconic pirate balancing on the powder kegs and went all P.C. on us.

Saw that balancing pirate every Sunday night on The Wonderful World of Disney. Moving him was inexcusable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom