Haunted Mansion movie...WITHOUT EDDIE MURPHY!

EmperorMilenko

Original Poster
I'm hearing something about Guillermo Del Toro making a 3D Haunted Mansion movie told from the perspective of the Hatbox Ghost...amazing. Anybody happen to have any insight into this hushed up announcement?

jt04

Perhaps del toro can do for the Haunted Mansion what Nolan did for Batman. Is that asking too much? :lol:

By the way, this sounded to me like an official announcement. Big time potential for this!!!!!!!!!!

dxwwf3

I just hope the movie is very well done, is popular among Disney fans, and is only a marginal hit at the box office so they won't feel the need to add movie characters to the attraction :lol:

EmperorMilenko

Original Poster
Perhaps del toro can do for the Haunted Mansion what Nolan did for Batman. Is that asking too much? :lol:

By the way, this sounded to me like an official announcement. Big time potential for this!!!!!!!!!!

I'm watching Batman Begins as we speak and we can only hope that Del Toro does to HM what Nolan did for Batman....legendary.

And yeah, seems pretty official. I probably shoulda looked more before trying to be the first one to know something on this site. :brick:

IWant2GoNow

Agreed. I remember leaving the theatre after seeing the Eddie Murphy version shaking my head going "This could have been huge! Another Pirates franchise huge... but no one's going to take to this pile of crap." I assumed there was no hope for a remake but alas out of the shadows comes hope! :D

devoy1701

Agreed. I remember leaving the theatre after seeing the Eddie Murphy version shaking my head going "This could have been huge! Another Pirates franchise huge... but no one's going to take to this pile of crap." I assumed there was no hope for a remake but alas out of the shadows comes hope! :D

While the Eddie Murphy version didn't do the attraction justice...I still thought it was an ok movie. I love the "honey...they've got dead people in the backyard" line. :D

jt04

Disney just released the new trailer for TRON! Go to Blue Sky for a link. For those of you who are still doubters, prepare yourselves for the future.....

this bodes well for the HM project.

WOW! :sohappy:

Captain Neo

Hatbox Ghost returning to the Haunted Mansion is all but confirmed now:

http://movies.ign.com/articles/110/1107879p1.html

Disney just released the new trailer for TRON! Go to Blue Sky for a link. For those of you who are still doubters, prepare yourselves for the future.....

WOW!

Tron had doubters? I find that surprising since for the past two years the mood has been overwhelmingly positive for the project.

Also the quality of HM has nothing to do with Tron. Having said that Del Toro is a competent director and at a minimum it will be far superior to the Eddie Murphy version. However, I thought Del Toro was makng Troll Hunter for Disney did that get cancelled?

Testtrack321

Disgusting and disappointing. In 3D none the less.

There's no story, no names in the Mansion. It's a perfect blend of atmospheric settings with character moments, both scary and humorous. A horror movie is a distinct bastardization of these premises.

For more reading...

History and the Haunted Mansion
Thoughts on the Haunted Mansion
In Doorless Chambers: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3

I will not be seeing this movie. And they better not add any effects into the attraction based on this movie.

EmperorMilenko

Original Poster

WOW! :sohappy:

New TRON looks amazing. As well as the TRON VG. Saw it at E3 and ive been waiting patiently since. :brick:

Captain Neo

Disgusting and disappointing. In 3D none the less.

There's no story, no names in the Mansion. It's a perfect blend of atmospheric settings with character moments, both scary and humorous. A horror movie is a distinct bastardization of these premises.

For more reading...

History and the Haunted Mansion
Thoughts on the Haunted Mansion
In Doorless Chambers: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3

Last time I checked so was Pirates of the Caribbean and that has become a huge multimillion dollar franchise for Disney with multiple installments rivaling Indiana Jones and Harry Potter at the box office.

IWant2GoNow

While the Eddie Murphy version didn't do the attraction justice...I still thought it was an ok movie. I love the "honey...they've got dead people in the backyard" line. :D

I set my expectations a little too high for this one before I saw it. The movie itself was "ok" but I was expecting 10x better. At least something on par with the first PotC, but I was very wrong.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom