Haunted Mansion Holiday

bearwy

Original Poster
:sohappy: Hey Folks! Just got back from Disneyland in California. The reason for this trip was two-fold... 50th Celebration and the Haunted Mansion Holiday.
I was told by several cast members that there are plans to "ship" the HMHoliday to Florida next year. For those that have not seen this before...what a treat lays is store for you. It is sooooo coooool! I was not expecting such an elaborate change from the original attraction. Every last detail from the motion picture "The Nightmare Before Christmas" was captured. This is a "must see" for any fan of the movie or the ride. I could not reccomend it more!

ProjectTracker

I really do hope that they bring it here to WDW. I mean they did it for Tokyo Disneyland's Haunted Mansion which has the same facade as ours. I just think it's not fair to us that they just skip over us and go to Tokyo. I'll have to keep my finger's crossed.

Jarboe

Comment

As a big fan of teh movie, I was very excited about the Nightmare version of the ride when I went of it last year. However, I do feel that there was a lack in the attention they paid to detail. Your thoughts?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I thought there was a clause in the contract with Tim Burton regarding not showing HMH in Orlando? Hopefully it`s been sorted out. And then who knows - a IASW full rebuild of Florida`s HM, which would be 35 after next Christmas (or nearly 36 depending on your point of view)

DisneyWales

From what i hearedm HMH is unlikly to come to Florida because Tim burton want's to stop it full stop, that is why it didn't come this year, as Disney didn't want to pay for all the sets etc when the contravt with Tim runs out next year.

Obviously Disney are working like nobodies business to get this sorted, but part of the new contract maybe thay can only do the overlay in two parks at a time, but never the same park for more that two years. Tim supposadly doesn't want his characters to become too mainstream.

Also WDW managment feel that in the eyes of their main audiance, i.e. Vacation Bookers/once in a few year trippers, this addition will not be such a big draw to the parks as these people plan months in advance, where as California gets alot of its attendance from the local area. So having a seasonal attraction would not be in their intrest as they belive it would only help to sway the locals to make extra trips.

These are two different stories a heard online, no idea which is true, or if either is false.

imagineer boy

I really hope they won't "ship" it. That means that WDW would be getting it, and DL won't. I hope they just simply clone the whole thing at WDW instead of shipping what's at Dl to here.

donald23

I saw part of the attraction video at mousetimes.com and it looked awesome. It also seemed a bit creepy. I love the nightmare before christmas movie and I really hope they bring it to WDW, permanently. Is there a reason why they can't have it at both resorts at the same time?

Connor002

imagineer boy said:
I really hope they won't "ship" it. That means that WDW would be getting it, and DL won't. I hope they just simply clone the whole thing at WDW instead of shipping what's at Dl to here.

Hmm...
Interesting...

[Posts by imagineer boy]

More clones. Yipee...

They're still a bunch of clones, but they'll still help. I don't understand why they can't build the classic Fantaseyland dark rides.
even though there are only a couple of attractions ( all clones except for the "One of a Kind attraction" known as the Fantasey Character greeting gardens :rolleyes: )
First off, no more clones!
no more clones!
I personally hate clones of rides in each park.
some of the rides there are just clones of other rides that are already existing...
NO MORE CLONES!!!!

My point being: don't bash direct lifts if you're going turn around and ask for just that.

Denscott

I love the Haunted Mansion, it's my favorite attraction at Disney World, and I happen to love it the way it is. Personally, I would not want any sort of Nightmare Before Christmas holiday version to taint what I feel is perfect already.

It would be like if they had all of the pirates in POTC with glasses of eggnog in their hands and Santa hats on their heads. Or if they turned Big Thunder into Santa's sleigh and painted everything white. It would be almost sacrelgious in my mind.

Is there anyone else that feels as I do on this?

StitchIsKing

I think it's slightly different with changing HM and changing POTC in the way you described. HM is changed to a Disney Christmas film with a halloween theme to it. Adding Santa Hats and Eggnog doesn't come from any Disney pirate movie. Plus it's only temporary when they do it.

donaldfan

Denscott said:
I love the Haunted Mansion, it's my favorite attraction at Disney World, and I happen to love it the way it is. Personally, I would not want any sort of Nightmare Before Christmas holiday version to taint what I feel is perfect already.

It would be like if they had all of the pirates in POTC with glasses of eggnog in their hands and Santa hats on their heads. Or if they turned Big Thunder into Santa's sleigh and painted everything white. It would be almost sacrelgious in my mind.

Is there anyone else that feels as I do on this?

Big fan of the haunted mansion too and loved it! It's not so much that the ride now tells the story of NBC, but it's more like Jack remembered to deliver his version of Christmas (presents and decorations) to the 999 residents of the Haunted Mansion. Plus, it's only a couple of months a year.

I would prefer to see Small World Holiday at MK before Haunted Mansion though.

sgmco

Frankly, I would love to see the Nightmare overlay shipped to WDW. One of the great benefits is that following (or even before) the overlay, they would do a top-to-bottom rehab of the attraction.

In California, following the 1st showing, they completely rehabed all of the animatronics, and revamped the sound and video projections. When it reopened, everything was in perfect condition. For example, in the graveyard scene, the projections of the busts were crystal clear and you could clearly hear each individual audio track as you passed by.

Even if WDW doesn't get HMH, at least close it for a few months for a much needed major rehab!

Denscott

donaldfan said:
Big fan of the haunted mansion too and loved it! It's not so much that the ride now tells the story of NBC, but it's more like Jack remembered to deliver his version of Christmas (presents and decorations) to the 999 residents of the Haunted Mansion. Plus, it's only a couple of months a year.

I would prefer to see Small World Holiday at MK before Haunted Mansion though.

See I think I would miss the Ghost Host and the music most. Call me a dweeb but I even have the Grim Grinning Ghosts organ music on a CD that I listen to at home (along with other ride soundtracks).

Hey, when you're lucky to get to Florida once every 5 years you find ways to "keep the magic alive" right??

disnyfan89

The gost host tells the story of Jacks creation holiday. Also music from the Haunted Mansion is mixed in with the soundtrack rather nicely. I would love nothing more than to see the Haunted Mansion Holiday in the MK. Its not only is a great attraction but it will restore the HM to a better light!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom