Haunted Mansion Holiday

Here are a few more pics from this year's holiday overlay. Since I visit DL several times a year I look forward to the change.

HMH1.jpg

HMH3.jpg

HMH2.jpg

CaptainMichael

fourbyfourkimmy said:
Since I visit DL several times a year I look forward to the change.
Which is the big difference between DL and WDW. The majority of Disneyland's attendance is probably more local whereas WDW relies heavily on guests that come less frequently. HMH works at DL because it gives the locals a reason to come back and experience a different ride.

TP2000

Denscott said:
I love the Haunted Mansion, it's my favorite attraction at Disney World, and I happen to love it the way it is. Personally, I would not want any sort of Nightmare Before Christmas holiday version to taint what I feel is perfect already.

It would be like if they had all of the pirates in POTC with glasses of eggnog in their hands and Santa hats on their heads. Or if they turned Big Thunder into Santa's sleigh and painted everything white. It would be almost sacrelgious in my mind.

Is there anyone else that feels as I do on this?

I used to feel that way. And there were literally thousands of Disneyland fans who felt the same way too. And then it opened at Disneyland in 2001 and pretty much everyone changed their mind. :eek:

Haunted Mansion Holiday at Disneyland is just wonderful. And I went on the Tokyo version for the first time about two months ago. The Tokyo Haunted Mansion is very similar to the WDW version, both the house itself and the way the ride is set up. (eg.; the Tokyo stretching rooms aren't really elevators, the ceiling just goes up; the loading area is the same as WDW, the show scenes are laid out almost the same, etc.) And the Tokyo version of HMH, while different from the California version, was also just as good as the California version.

Going on the Tokyo version of HMH proved to me that it could be just as succesful and well done at WDW as it is at Disneyland. Be ready for really long lines though, because both Small World Holiday and Haunted Mansion Holiday create lines at least triple as long as the regular versions of both rides. The "Holiday" versions are immensely popular with the vast majority of the paying public. :xmas:

Rayzer

oh ya! i remembered that...I went to D-land last year...and the HMholiday was fantastic!:xmas: I remembered they decorated the whole thing really well and very detailed^^-great job! And I remembered how big the line up was for SmallWorld:lookarounholiday was too, but i can't complain...it looked very nice^^! and they merged the music of small world and ...if i recall...jingle bells...it was pretty neat :D

Scooter

I like Haunted Mansion in WDW just the way it is and I hope it stays that way.

A bunch of friends of mine and I all wrote letters to the Disney execs to let them know how we feel.

I didn't like The Nightmare Before Christmas movie and neither did any of my family.
Not a big Tim Burton fan either.
He's just too...you know...way out there.:lol:

Just My opinions

TP2000

Scooter said:
I like Haunted Mansion in WDW just the way it is and I hope it stays that way.

A bunch of friends of mine and I all wrote letters to the Disney execs to let them know how we feel.

I didn't like The Nightmare Before Christmas movie and neither did any of my family.
Not a big Tim Burton fan either.
He's just too...you know...way out there.:lol:

Just My opinions

Funny thing is that was my opinion too. I had never seen Nightmare Before Christmas before going on Haunted Mansion Holiday, and I still haven't. I'm not a Tim Burton fan, I don't own any of his DVD's, and from what little of his work that I have seen it just looks kinda creepy to me. Also realize though that I was never a giant fan of Haunted Mansion, I'm more of a Pirates of the Caribbean or Indiana Jones Adventure kind of a guy. Haunted Mansion is a good ride, but I don't obsess over it like some folks do.

But Haunted Mansion Holiday is just awesome. I still haven't seen Nightmare Before Christmas in movie form, but I understand the basic plotline that Jack Skellington has come to decorate Disneyland's Haunted Mansion for Christmas. That's about all you really have to know anyway, as the Holiday version of the ride is so excellent it just takes care of itself from there.

TP2000

disnyfan89 said:
I can't understand why people can put down an idea when they have never seen what the idea was based off of!

Yup. About the only people now that don't like Haunted Mansion Holiday are the ones who have never ridden the darn thing.

Come out to Disneyland in October, November or December and ride it, then make up your mind.

And even the tiny, tiny number of Haunted Mansion die-hards who feel it's sacrilegeous to touch a "masterpiece" begrudgingly thank the Holiday version for giving their cherished old ride a twice yearly rehab.

When I went on Haunted Mansion in WDW a few years ago it was perhaps in the most pathetic shape I've ever seen a major Disney attraction in, with the exception of Pirates of the Caribbean at WDW which was slightly more shabby. As if the poor maintenance wasn't bad enough, the CM's working the ride had propped open both sets of doors in the "stretching room" and just had the line slowly snake through that major scene on the way to the loading area. You could see from the front door right through the stretch room and on to the load area; they weren't even bothering to run that major part of the show! I was simply floored that could even be an option for them, and that not one of the half dozen CM's running that ride was concerned about losing their jobs for doing such a thing.

At Disneyland that couldn't be an option in the first place since the "stretching room" is really an elevator that descends about 20 feet underground to get you into the ride itself. But still, the lack of showmanship and laziness displayed at the WDW Haunted Mansion a few years ago during my visit just shocked me, and I remember it vividly to this day.

The WDW Haunted Mansion obviously needs some TLC, and the very snazzy Holiday overlay would be a great way to get that ride back in shape.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom