Haunted Mansion details begin to emerge

RHeath2

Thanks for the update! Assuming all is going well, I should see it come the second trip this year from Sept. 29-October 2. I also hope the Leota head and effect will be cool, as that's one of the best parts of the entire ride. Plus I can't wait to hear the sound coming out of the nice and new speakers/on board audio system!

tirian

I guess this indicates once and for all ReDis is legit. This bodes well for Imagination then........:sohappy:

Nothing against ReDis, but many people mentioned these updates long before he did. :rolleyes:

Just the same, much of what he has posted is correct--at least, it's planned (things change every day here).

Champion

I'm not trying to imply he isn't in the know, I was just wondering if he had leaked this info before. I don't remember him doing so. So, it's new to me. So, I'm happy :)

Per request, here's a report on the pop-up ghosts in the attic scene at Haunted Mansion in Magic Kingdom. First of all, the entire scene right now is gone. The bride is being replaced, the pop-up ghosts and their mechanisms are gone... everything - gutted. The pop-ups are being replaced by new suitors who will operate at an angle so that they come towards the omnimovers before "disappearing." To compensate for the more startling appearance of these ghosts, the characters have been made made to look less frightful as they come towards you... during the day. *The rest as been removed as an afterthought due to my not wanting to reveal any new story plots*

I believe he mentioned the spider scene somewhere as well, but I'm not reading through all the threads to find it. That quote is from here:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=194070

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I got an email which explains the new stairway scene pretty darn well. I'll post it so we can get a better picture. It could, ya know, be helpful in getting a mental image.

Here we go:

email said:
stairwayhm.jpg

I'm going to wildly assume thi is legit. I wonder who the guy is?

jmuboy

WOW!! SSE, now HM both get the royal treatment. GREAT NEWS. Here is hoping this $$$ keeps flowing to continue to refresh the stale areas of WDW!

DisneyDellsDude

^ OOooo. You can see the candleabra that's floating upside down. I remember reading somewhere that being posted.
Edit: behind the guy using the glue, you can see concept art for the refurb. The only one I can make out definetly is the floating leota ball, and there's mist floating around her!

Beauty_Belle

Thanks Merf!!!! :)

That staircase looks incredible!!!! Wonder if anything will be happening on it.... Only time will tell but I'm excited to see the new changes! :sohappy:

head mouse

Why Boo? They're both said to be upgraded from the DL versions even.

I don't care if they are made of solid gold and actually move over to the doombuggy with me and sit down. the HM needs a refurb. not a plot change. The story line was fine. just need some fixes her and there. and this removal of the spider scene REALLY ticks me off.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Umm... there wasn't a plot...

And you really don't think that the elaborate stairway is an improvement over $5 spiders with glow paint?

PurpleDragon

I don't care if they are made of solid gold and actually move over to the doombuggy with me and sit down. the HM needs a refurb. not a plot change. The story line was fine. just need some fixes her and there. and this removal of the spider scene REALLY ticks me off.

LMAO, yes lets just keep the HM just the way it was A MUSEUM!! Honestly the spiders were the cheesiest effect ever used in the whole of WDW. They were simply a filler for a previously removed effect that somehow became permanent. They were awful looking and cheaply executed. Please tell me, what did the spiders bring to the "Plot" of the mansion?

I mean honestly the addition of a new scene is the best thing to happen to HM since it opened decades ago. Why complain about a couple cheesy plastic spiders being removed? There are more important things in the world to worry about than the loss of a couple crappy effects.:rolleyes:

jt04

Now they can finally return those spiders to the traveling carnival funhouse they "borrowed" them from. AWESOME STAIRCASE! TRULY AWESOME:)

head mouse

Umm... there wasn't a plot...

And you really don't think that the elaborate stairway is an improvement over $5 spiders with glow paint?

Um.. there WAS a plot. every hard core WDW HM fan knows this.

And its not the point of how much money the scene cost to make it's the point of Disney taking yet another classics and changing it. so it is no longer the original classic it once was. Like PotC. The classic ride is gone and will never return. Disney needs to understand that even though there is a new generation to please, they still need to please those of us that helped make Disney what it is. if they remove all our old classic favs then we have no nostalgia and it' sno longer the same theme park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom