Haunted Mansion details begin to emerge

Anywho...Merf, I'd love to see that picture...is there anyway that I could get a glimpse of it without you posting it here?

(I can PM you my email addy if that works).

Likewise, I too would love to see the picture. I have been reading this thread over and over, hoping to see the picture of the stairs:cry:

Merf, I'll personally tear down the rest of the wand if there were some way to see the picture.

Please?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
While it does not do the original picture justice picture this but with more Gothic stairs and some mirrors to make it appear as they go on forever. There was also some candleoberas that as one member suggested look like the might be traveling up and down the stairs as thought an invisible ghost is carrying them.

09.jpg

Likewise, I too would love to see the picture. I have been reading this thread over and over, hoping to see the picture of the stairs:cry:

Merf, I'll personally tear down the rest of the wand if there were some way to see the picture.

Please?

Thanks, someone sent me the pic.
It really is cool. I can only hope there will be ghosts moving on the different stairs in the different angles. It would be a waste to not do that. Or even better, some stair walking AAs.
We can dream can't we?

jt04

It really is cool. I can only hope there will be ghosts moving on the different stairs in the different angles. It would be a waste to not do that. Or even better, some stair walking AAs.
We can dream can't we?

NO AAs PLEEEEASE! The whole idea is what you don't see in the beginning. It is all an awesome mood setter for the rest of the ride. "There be ghosts here":sohappy:

Vernonpush

not messing...I just didn't feel like reading 388 posts to find it...and I don't think anyone else will, either. Plus, I think that model illustrates the point better than the old drawings showing the "endless staircase".
Sorry, I forgot to add the::lol: after the "don't mess with the Merf" quote.:lol: It's one of my favorite sayings now!

Phonedave

Hi guys,
Lets keep this on topic. We arent really interested in the other sites, and their members. Let's not get dragged into arguing with Bill again, he just isnt worth your time.

Back to Haunted Mansion disccussion. Thanks.

Well, it did get me to become more interested in WDWMagic, so maybe thats a good thing :D

Trust me, I have no inside information and you will not find me posting anything like that.

You will find me commenting on general management practices in large corporations. Also on general engineering, mainly from a construction standpoint.

And of course I have an opinion. :D

And my opinion is that I am very very excited about these changes. The "room of stairways" seems like it will be very nice. I have heard (and by that I mean heard around the WWW) that the track will keep its same alignment. I think if this room is as people envision, with mirrors and stairs at crazy angles, that if the track gently undulated up and down, it would be even better. Might even make some people throw up :D

-dave

jmvd20

Well, it did get me to become more interested in WDWMagic, so maybe thats a good thing :D

Trust me, I have no inside information and you will not find me posting anything like that.

You will find me commenting on general management practices in large corporations. Also on general engineering, mainly from a construction standpoint.

And of course I have an opinion. :D

And my opinion is that I am very very excited about these changes. The "room of stairways" seems like it will be very nice. I have heard (and by that I mean heard around the WWW) that the track will keep its same alignment. I think if this room is as people envision, with mirrors and stairs at crazy angles, that if the track gently undulated up and down, it would be even better. Might even make some people throw up :D

-dave

Welcome, glad to see you here! :wave:

It does seem as though something good has come of this as each online community has several new members.

If you like to comment on construction things, and have your own opinion just remember that I was here first so mine will be the correct opinion :D

Vernonpush

Personally, from my viewing of the photo, that the Omnimover will keep the the same track and the Imagioneer's right hand (in the photo) is the Omnimover's path. And then imagine, if you will, a mirror on the "front" side of the model (between the model and the camera). :shrug: It all goes back to the old saying: "It's done with smoke and mirrors". Now if they can incorporate the "Davey Jones" effect in there, then I would be happy!:sohappy:

We can dream can't we?
That would be fantastic! Does anyone know if the stairs will actually move or are they stationary?

Buried20KLeague

That would be fantastic! Does anyone know if the stairs will actually move or are they stationary?

I'm sure they're stationary. The effect it seems they're going for is multiplication... Staircases all over the place. Plus the candelabras on the model that have to mean something important, too.

Moving staircases would be a maintenance nightmare, if even possible without having to make them look unrealistic, I'd bet.

CoffeeJedi

Moving staircases would also be very reminiscent of Hogwarts; and with the new area of IoA opening, they don't want to be accused of copying.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom