Haunted Mansion details begin to emerge

yensidtlaw1969

Yeah I agree but off topic what is the exact date HM opens again.

Ha ha, the fiunny thing is that that's the most on-topic thing this thread has seen in a couple of pages :p .

September 13th, I think, is it's first day back in Operation.

Yensid "And I might be there on the 13th :D" tlaw1969

Lee

Adventurer
Bill started the Harry Potter @ WDW rumors. He's the one to blame for all those threads.

Yeah...wasn't it that he overheard someone on the phone talking about it?
Not impossible, since concept design was going on for Potter at around that time.

jmvd20

I think it would be a great idea if we let this issue go and stop trying to fuel the fire of argument over there. I asked him some questions last night and he responded in a reasonable and respectful way without resorting to any kind of attack or even getting overly defensive about my questions.

Some of the things being posted over there are getting pretty argumentative and it does not make us look very good. Of course we can question things people say, or information that they claim to know, but lets do it in a respectful manner.

aklodge

The man has no integrity. He has stolen photos, claims to be representing a company he's not involved with, etc. etc. It's not like he's the moral expert by any means.

Also, the things I posted are facts - they've actually happened and I included quotations where exact comments were used. Nothing said so far doesn't have a factual basis to it.

askmike1

I ripped him a new one. Again. :lookaroun

1) In case you haven't noticed, the thread at MiceChat has been able to move foward, unlike here which seams to dwell on this one issue instead of actually talking of the topic at hand.

2) You cited in your rant that he created multiple usernames..... of course in doing so, you also created multiple user names.

3) Perhaps you don't realize, but people change there avatar all the time. You make it out like he was exposed by the FBI. Nothing about him was exposed. He's made it quite clear from the very beginning that he is the same Bill who got banned from here. And you are creating false claims. Since when has he been banned from MiceChat?

4) Finally, notice the one making the rants? Notice who is the one in that thread attacking other users? Notice the person who is constantly going off-topic both there and here? And I'll give you a little hint... it's not Bill. So how about getting over it & going back on topic here and staying that way?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Hi guys,
Lets keep this on topic. We arent really interested in the other sites, and their members. Let's not get dragged into arguing with Bill again, he just isnt worth your time.

Back to Haunted Mansion disccussion. Thanks.

raven

Forgive me if this has been talked about somewhere else, and its kind of a dumb question, but what makes the Disneyland Haunted mansion different from the one in the Magic Kingdom, ive never been to DisneyLand before, only WDW.

Also is there a good comparison page or something up for the other rides like Pirates of the Carribean and Splash Mountain, that are located in both parks.

Since no one has answered you yet I will tell you.

Disneyland's version was the first. The facod is an old, southern antebellum mansion which is very well kept. Everything starts out looking the same except the stretching rooms are actually elevators to take you down under the railroad tracks where you can walk to the doombuggies (the ones at WDW go up). Then you walk down a short hallway and board the doombuggies in a grand staircase entryway. Once you board the the story is pretty much the same except it's shorter than WDW's version. The ride in DL starts with the endless hallway through the end. Little Leota is actually seen on the ramp walkway up as you exit as opposed to WDW's where you see her on the ride itself. DL also integrated the new effects over a year ago. These are the ones that are being added to the WDW of the HM right now.

doombuggies.com has good comparisons on the ride layouts and differences.

As far as the other rides they are different as well but that's for another thread! :wave:

wvugeoggrad

I definately have arachnophobia and it sucks :mad: My luck they'd resue those spiders somewhere totally unexpected and then I would DIE!!! I hate the ones in Jungle Cruise, guess they could throw them in there to make it even worse!!! I don't get to see much of that part of the ride anyways because I'm always hiding my eyes from the spiders :cry: :brick:

jt04

Since no one has answered you yet I will tell you.

Disneyland's version was the first. The facod is an old, southern antebellum mansion which is very well kept. Everything starts out looking the same except the stretching rooms are actually elevators to take you down under the railroad tracks where you can walk to the doombuggies (the ones at WDW go up). Then you walk down a short hallway and board the doombuggies in a grand staircase entryway. Once you board the the story is pretty much the same except it's shorter than WDW's version. The ride in DL starts with the endless hallway through the end. Little Leota is actually seen on the ramp walkway up as you exit as opposed to WDW's where you see her on the ride itself. DL also integrated the new effects over a year ago. These are the ones that are being added to the WDW of the HM right now.

doombuggies.com has good comparisons on the ride layouts and differences.

As far as the other rides they are different as well but that's for another thread! :wave:

I have heard that the stretching rooms at WDW go up but whenever I enter/leave the room I do not see a break in the floor as you would see entering or leaving an elevator. Can someone explain?:veryconfu

Vernonpush

I have heard that the stretching rooms at WDW go up but whenever I enter/leave the room I do not see a break in the floor as you would see entering or leaving an elevator. Can someone explain?:veryconfu
Just the ceiling goes up, the floor stays where it is.

yensidtlaw1969

The ceiling rises, the floor stays on the same plane.

Disneyland, however, the floor drops, with the Ceiling fixed in place.

Yensid "Also, WDW's portraits stretch until the lights go out, while Disneyland's stop stretching during the line 'No windows and no doors". The room, however, stretches until the light go out" tlaw1969

Nicole220

That would be a good idea to get this thread back on topic now!

3-d Sound is an audio set up that can place a sound almost anywhere around you. This includes in front, to the sides, behind, and even above or below the listener.

Basically it is a super duper turbo charged surround sound system.
Thank you. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom