Haunted Mansion and POTC

Miss Bell

When is Pirates closing for rehab? You are all talking like it is closed now, but all of the the sources I use for rehab info say nothing about Pirates or HM closing for rehab. Am I just out the loop?

mikeymouse

mkepcotmgmak said:
-third, he said he didn't think that jack sparrow was being put in, but he wasn't for sure on a 100% answer - but pirate's was going to get brand new AAs and sets, including a new fire effect!

OMG, that fire effect they have now is sooo cheesy! This past fall, I noticed the sheets weren't blowing right and didnt look anything like real fire.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Miss Bell said:
When is Pirates closing for rehab? You are all talking like it is closed now, but all of the the sources I use for rehab info say nothing about Pirates or HM closing for rehab. Am I just out the loop?
I believe the rumored date is Fall '05....

Lee

Adventurer
Semi-off topic...but I'm hearing that Haunted Mansion Holliday could land at WDW as soon as this year. That's the only Mansion related news I've heard for WDW.

Slipknot

mikeymouse said:
OMG, that fire effect they have now is sooo cheesy! This past fall, I noticed the sheets weren't blowing right and didnt look anything like real fire.

I hope it's changed to an effect like GMRs western scene. Then again that would melt the AAs.... :hammer: :brick:

tirian

I believe the rumored date is Fall '05....

I heard the same. Actually, PotC was supposed to close nearly immediately after IaSW reopened, but good sense prevailed and they moved the date back, after the summer.

It's pretty funny that WDW decided to do all this refurbishing during the 50th celebration rather than before. With the relatively quiet years the Magic Kingdom has recently had, couldn't they have started the work earlier?

mkepcotmgmak

Original Poster
tirian said:
It's pretty funny that WDW decided to do all this refurbishing during the 50th celebration rather than before. With the relatively quiet years the Magic Kingdom has recently had, couldn't they have started the work earlier?

Quiet years = less money = uncertainty.
Better late than never. :sohappy:

OliveMcFly

DisneyMemories - have the moving walk way leading up and mirrows every feet like on the hitch hiking ghost part and have one of three ghosts follow at the pace of the moving walkway all the way to the exit
That's clever. They always tell you when you exit the doombuggie that a ghost is going to follow you home.

dox

Lee said:
Semi-off topic...but I'm hearing that Haunted Mansion Holliday could land at WDW as soon as this year. That's the only Mansion related news I've heard for WDW.

That is great news. Would definitely make a trip for that.

PirateJosh20

Rehabs

Originally Posted by Lee
1- No. The Mansion's exit will not move to Fantasyland.

2- Yes to Capt. Jack, No to all new sets. Some new AAs and effects...maybe.

Pirates Rehab has been postponed to this fall early next year. Mansion currently has no plans for rehab right now. This information is straight from Adventureland and Liberty Square from my fellow cast members and I.

Yes a Capt Jack AA... YES to new show scenes, and effects.

NO to mansion being changed to exit to Fantasyland. The only think mansion will be getting right now is a basic fix up cause there are a couple leaks in the roof of the mansion.

PirateJosh

Fantasmic!329

Hm

CoffeeJedi said:
emptying into fantasyland would be an interesting effect, because you wouldn't see guests coming out as you wait in the queue like you do now, sort of a "noone's ever returned from a visit to gracey manor" sort of thing

of course, the only reason they'd really do it is to make you exit into a new gift shop

Is Haunted Mansion's mansion's name really Gracey Manor??

Lee

Adventurer
PirateJosh20 said:
Yes a Capt Jack AA... YES to new show scenes, and effects.

Good to hear.
I was told that the Sparrow AA was a sure thing, but that the new scenes at the end were dependant on a strong performance at the box office for the Pirates sequel(s). Hence my "No to all new sets".

dzne4eva

Arrrrgh, you made my day! Capt Jack ...mmmm. They need to loop some of his dialogue from the movie including him singing "Yo Ho". :kiss:

Philarmagic2004

I personally enjoyed the two movies, especially POTC, but Disney needs to leave the attractions alone. POTC is a classic that shoudn't be toyed with. As for Haunted Mansion PLEASE DONT PUT TILLY IN! :eek:

--------------------------------------
:sohappy:Walt Disney Wo
rld:sohappy:
--------------------------------------

The Ring Two - March 18th :D

Philarmagic2004 said:
I personally enjoyed the two movies, especially POTC, but Disney needs to leave the attractions alone. POTC is a classic that shoudn't be toyed with. As for Haunted Mansion PLEASE DONT PUT TILLY IN! :eek:

Amen Dude!
:D

NeedABreak

I wouldn't mind Jack and Barbosa fighting but I fear they ight change the song, have depp singing it. I like the idea of haveing his voice added alone to part of the song, he sings it very gruff and it would be a little menaceing, adding a nice effect.

PotC needs to work on there loading and unloading area. There were quite a lot of wheel chair bound guests loading infront of us, the line stoped! We ran into this on just about every attraction (some sort of tour group) but none of the lines stoped the way PthC did.

When it came time to unload these guests we got stuck in the "We wants the red head!!!" sceen. We must have heard that track loop 20 times. The boats were all bumper to bumper so the rest of the ride was very very slow with all the tracks looping at leasttwice before you got out of the sceen.

(btw: any one who is handicapped, this is not directed at you as an insult, the handicapped have just as much right as anybody to ride.)

IDreamOfDisney

Exit Path

OK. Most of the time all rehabs are good and most of the time the timing is bad. anyway, I have been to both DL and WDW ans was wondering how can you exit HM into Fantasyland? They are nowhere near each other. I would love to hear how they would do this.

Many thanks,

Jay

PirateJosh20

Wheelchair access.

NeedABreak said:
PotC needs to work on there loading and unloading area. There were quite a lot of wheel chair bound guests loading infront of us, the line stoped! We ran into this on just about every attraction (some sort of tour group) but none of the lines stoped the way PthC did.

The Wheelchair access and loading/unloading will never change for POTC. No matter how the rehab occurs. Wheelchair guests can not ride in the boat in their chair like at Small World because of the drops in POTC. DL loads their guests the same way we do at WDW. Some people just need more time than others to transfer. There is nothing we can do about that aspect. If we denied them to transfer its discrimination. If we tell them they are being to slow, its an insult. We as CM's inform and help them as much as we can, but we are only allowed to offer our arm as a counter balance for guests to lean on. Most guests have no problem getting in the boat, its harder for them to step up out of the boat. And if they cant get out with the help of their part, we have to call ReadyCreek to come assist them.

I know its can be a problem somtimes, but I do agree with you that everyone has the right to ride and when it takes awhile you can get upset.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom