Haunted Mansion and POTC

PirateJosh20

fantasyland exit

IDreamOfDisney said:
OK. Most of the time all rehabs are good and most of the time the timing is bad. anyway, I have been to both DL and WDW ans was wondering how can you exit HM into Fantasyland? They are nowhere near each other. I would love to hear how they would do this.

Actuall it is possible. The warehouse for the Haunted mansion where the actual ride is located is right next to the back of the old sky stataion attraction and small worlds warehouse. When get out of your doombuggy one of the doors on the left leads back stage of the ride and one leads outside to go around the building. The bad thing about re-routing the exit (which will NEVER happen) is that the castmember bus pick up/dropoff is back behind mansion and small world. Thats bus takes us to and from our parking lot. So dont worry it wont happen, but the mansion IS that close to fantasyland but unless you ever saw pics from the sky or worked there youd never know it.

HauntedSquirrel

Fantasmic!329 said:
Is Haunted Mansion's mansion's name really Gracey Manor??

well, the answer is an yes and a no. The haunted mansion is the haunted mansion, it is always referred to as the haunted mansion thoroughout the ride. But if you ask the CMs about the backstory, it is referred to as Gracey Manor, but it's not an offical backstory. so that is where the yes and no answer comes into place.

Shrike

Does Disney have a track record as far as usual closing dates for attractions?

Is it Labor day or shortly thereafter? Mid-September or later? Or is there really no way of telling until they announce it officially?

gboiler1

KevinPage said:
I've never been on DLP version, but I'm all for a sword fighting Sparrow vs Barbosa scene and then the AA's turning into skeletons in the moonlight (ala the movie). That would be a incredible addition. :D

I really prefer the DLP version in an overall presentation. At the beginning you float thru the bayou w/an AA fellow on the porch of his shack before you see the Jolly Roger and take the plunge, then some of the still scenes like the skeleton in the treasure mound and the skeleton "steering a ship". The end has the two sides shooting at each other over/past your head with barrels of TNT all around.

As for a HM exit, if there was a re-route you would miss the bride's discarded wedding ring in the pavement.

I.M.Fearless

I actually wouldn't be terribly surprised by a Fantasyland exit for the Haunted Mansion. The mansion was originally planned for Fantasyland, and Tokyo's version is one of Fantasyland's major attractions.

gboiler1 said:
As for a HM exit, if there was a re-route you would miss the bride's discarded wedding ring in the pavement.

Wedding ring? :veryconfu Of everything I've ever heard about the Mansion, I've never heard of a wedding ring. Does someone have a photo of this?

Ashitaka

I.M.Fearless said:
Wedding ring? :veryconfu Of everything I've ever heard about the Mansion, I've never heard of a wedding ring. Does someone have a photo of this?

Hi. Just do a search of the forums for "wedding ring" and you'll come across many threads arguing whether this small circle in the pavement is really meant to be the bride's wedding ring or if it is just where a metal post used to be.

Montu

gboiler1 said:
I really prefer the DLP version in an overall presentation. At the beginning you float thru the bayou w/an AA fellow on the porch of his shack before you see the Jolly Roger and take the plunge, then some of the still scenes like the skeleton in the treasure mound and the skeleton "steering a ship". The end has the two sides shooting at each other over/past your head with barrels of TNT all around.

That's not the DLP version - that's the Disneyland version. and the "wedding ring" is where an old exit gate was located years ago - not a ring embedded in the pavement.

dizneeboy

DisneyGrl85 said:
DisneyMemories - have the moving walk way leading up and mirrows every feet like on the hitch hiking ghost part and have one of three ghosts follow at the pace of the moving walkway all the way to the exit

That's clever. They always tell you when you exit the doombuggie that a ghost is going to follow you home.

Clever, yes, but couldn't happen. The ghosts are synched up with the speed of the doombuggies. Althought the exit ramp is a constant speed, people can walk on them varying the speed and ruining the effect.

Nice use of imagination though! Maybe a staionary illusion of somesort? I always thought that adding a random backlit image of the ghosts with a two way mirror would be cool in the nearest restrooms in Liberty Square when you go to wash your hands :lol:

bears163

ok here is what is happening with HM & POTC. neither will be closed rom dec. 10-16 seeing that is wheni will be there :lol: :lol: :lookaroun

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
gboiler1 said:

You`ve got your scene order at DLP all mixed up!

However, DLP`s PotC does make Florida`s appear like Alien Encounter was compared to Mission to Mars.

bigbadwolf

Ah.... I knew it... said this during the summer... I had a gut feeling it might happen... They should really redo the whole spider room in the HM. POTC needs something better at the end, Disneyland's is better. Maybe they could have jacksparrow in one of the jail cells, would make sense right?

DisneyMemories

dizneeboy said:
Clever, yes, but couldn't happen. The ghosts are synched up with the speed of the doombuggies. Althought the exit ramp is a constant speed, people can walk on them varying the speed and ruining the effect.

Nice use of imagination though! Maybe a staionary illusion of somesort? I always thought that adding a random backlit image of the ghosts with a two way mirror would be cool in the nearest restrooms in Liberty Square when you go to wash your hands :lol:

Most ride it to the top,only a few walk up real fast,oh well if they did redo it,just an idea i'd throw toward the imagineers :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom