haunted mansion 3 questions

disneymomof3

Original Poster
i'm sorry if this is the wrong forum
confused24.gif
, please direct me to the correct of if possible but i wanted to ask:

I haven't been to the HM in yearsssssssssssss, i was young, maybe 10 yrs old.
So when i went last year, now in my late 30's with three kids, of course i couldn't go in because the kids are too young and it was just me and dh with the kids, plus i didn't wanna go in alone (chicken)...

ok sorry for rambling, but my questions are:
1) is it too scarey for a 6yr old?
2) does anyone know where i can find maybe a link to see the ride so i can show my DD?
3) is there a cartoon about it?

Thanks In Advance!!

DisneyMusician2

It probably isn't too scary, depending on your 6-year old's personality. There is no cartoon about it, but I'll take a look for a link I might be able to send you.

hey disneymomof3!

We were there in decemeber with a 6 and 9 year old and they loved it. when we left the ride i asked if they had thought it was scarey and they said no it was cool. but i guess it mostly depends on the personality of your child. i say that if they have the feeling that they dont want to go on it while you are in line than its probobly not going to be enjoyable to them. Well i hope this helped a little. Have a great trip. :wave:

KZevchik

Disney has a wonderful ability to make rides fun and exciting for everyone in the family. The HM is definetly not too scarey for your 6 year old, my son first went on it when he was 4 and he LOVED it!

Do a search on youtube.com and I am sure you will find a slew of ride throughs of HM, as far as a cartoon, I know there is a movie about it (duh), but I am not familiar of any cartoon.

However, Disney's 1937 cartoon Lonesome Ghosts featuring Mickey, Goofy, and Donald has some striking coincidences with HM.

pacochran

I don't think it's too scary, we went on it for the first time when DD was 7 and DS was 5. My daughter is brave and will do anything my son is not so brave, and the only part that scared him was in the stretching room, especially when the lights go out, we still have to hide his face during this part, the rest of the ride doesn't bother him. He's the same in the ToT, the room for the pre-show scares him but not the rest.

disneymomof3

Original Poster
hey disneymomof3!

We were there in decemeber with a 6 and 9 year old and they loved it. when we left the ride i asked if they had thought it was scarey and they said no it was cool. but i guess it mostly depends on the personality of your child. i say that if they have the feeling that they dont want to go on it while you are in line than its probobly not going to be enjoyable to them. Well i hope this helped a little. Have a great trip. :wave:

awesome thank you so much for the info.
we were going back this year but found out i am havng #4 in sept. so that cut out our Dec. trip, so we are going to wait till 2008.....it seems like forever...

disneymomof3

Original Poster
Disney has a wonderful ability to make rides fun and exciting for everyone in the family. The HM is definetly not too scarey for your 6 year old, my son first went on it when he was 4 and he LOVED it!

Do a search on youtube.com and I am sure you will find a slew of ride throughs of HM, as far as a cartoon, I know there is a movie about it (duh), but I am not familiar of any cartoon.

However, Disney's 1937 cartoon Lonesome Ghosts featuring Mickey, Goofy, and Donald has some striking coincidences with HM.

thank u for the tip, i will def. check out utube.
i think subcon. i was thinking of the 1937 film...but thought maybe they made a more recent one.
thanks again!

k.hunter30

It's shouldn't be too bad. However if the six-year-old is afriad of the dark, that could pose a problem. But the "ghosts" and such aren't scary.

JillC LI

Haunted Mansion

We just went last month for the first time with my 5 and 7 year olds. My 5 year old daughter was nervous going into the ride, but I told her they were friendly ghosts and made a big joke out of how silly the ghost was who sat in the cart with us at the mirrors. I'd say she was nervous throughout but never scared. My 7 year old son loved it without any fear. If you have a child who scares easily, this is a tame ride with slightly scary music, and you can easily talk it into something more fun than frightening. I'd say don't miss this classic.

head mouse

i'm sorry if this is the wrong forum
confused24.gif
, please direct me to the correct of if possible but i wanted to ask:

I haven't been to the HM in yearsssssssssssss, i was young, maybe 10 yrs old.
So when i went last year, now in my late 30's with three kids, of course i couldn't go in because the kids are too young and it was just me and dh with the kids, plus i didn't wanna go in alone (chicken)...

ok sorry for rambling, but my questions are:
1) is it too scarey for a 6yr old?
2) does anyone know where i can find maybe a link to see the ride so i can show my DD?
3) is there a cartoon about it?

Thanks In Advance!!

1) That all depends on the 6yr old. For most, it's not too scary.
2) Here is a site ALL about the HM Doombugies.com
Here are Video Ride thru You can download 1 video a week as a guest, or register and down load 3 every 24 hrs.
3) I don't know, but I am sure that Doombugies.com could tell ya.

disneymomof3

Original Poster
The Snow White's Scary Adventures ride seems to give more young kids a problem than does the Haunted Mansion.
:eek:

i was just going to type this to, because when we went last year, dd was turning 4 when we got there........she was afraid of the snow white ride, she liked it but she kept saying it was scarey, thats why i was wondering if i took her to the HM (by then she will be 6), if she would find it as scarey or less scarey, kwim

SnowFire

I suppose it is possible for the ghosts that pop up in the graveyard to scare some kids but even that really isn't bad.

This past trip, we took my (then) 2 yo on HM and every time a ghost would pop up, he would say "Go down, scary guy!" Of course, right after he said this, they really did go back down and it made him feel really brave. Now his favorite rides are HM and POTC.

awesome thank you so much for the info.
we were going back this year but found out i am havng #4 in sept. so that cut out our Dec. trip, so we are going to wait till 2008.....it seems like forever...

Wow! Congratulations!! That would seem like forever but im sure time will fly with a new baby! Congratulations again! :)

MillenniumForce

The last time I went to DW I was 4 or 5 years old, and HM is the only ride I can picture easily in my mind because I went on it so many times! I absolutely loved it (will find out tomorrow if I still do!) and I was not a particularly brave girl, so I think your daughter will be fine. I do remember being terrified of the queen in Snow White's Scary Adventures and burying my head in my mom's arm during the ride, however. :rolleyes:

WDWFREAK53

The Snow White's Scary Adventures ride seems to give more young kids a problem than does the Haunted Mansion.
:eek:

I can vouch for this!

This ride should be completely overhauled...keep the Snow White theme but tone down the scary factor! Why can't it just be "Snow White?" and concentrate more on the fun aspect of the dwarves and notsomuch the queen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom