Hate for childless Disney fans

PaulZ

Social media has given people who wouldn’t dare say something to your face a voice to do so behind a phone or computer. It has also made people have this impression their opinion matters. First time I had AP’s my wife and I had no kids. The second and now third time we do. If you are enjoying yourself and not doing anything creepy or to inhibit the enjoyment of others, you are free to do so.

Most of these people probably:

A.) have no life and are bitter you do
B.) with their attitude will never have kids, because the opposite sex won’t come within 20 feet of them to procreate.

JSkellington#31

We have been going for 15 years,those early years with our four kids.Now they take their kids.Occasionally we go with the grandkids.Not ashamed to say it but we have more fun now just the two of us and we go about six times a year.I never even thought about it being weird until reading this thread

Goofyernmost

We have been going for 15 years,those early years with our four kids.Now they take their kids.Occasionally we go with the grandkids.Not ashamed to say it but we have more fun now just the two of us and we go about six times a year.I never even thought about it being weird until reading this thread
You never thought of it as being weird because it isn't weird. What is weird is people that are in a place like WDW and all they can think about is what others do or don't do. Now that is super weird, so I wouldn't give it another thought. Enjoy life it passes by very, very quickly. Someone should be telling idiots how strange it is that they should even care. Let them carry the stigma around for awhile.

dreamfinder912

I get chewed out a lot by parents when I've been waiting for fireworks for hours and then when they ask if their kids (and they, apparently) can "squeeze in" in front of me or worse if they just let their kids barge in...and I politely but firmly tell them that I'd been waiting for the spot for however many hours, and they and their children may not cut in front of me. I get a lot of "well you'll understand when YOU have kids" which baffles me...I was raised to be patient and wait for the things you want. "You wanna go on splash mountain again or dyou want to wait for the fireworks," not "let's keep riding rides and get someone to move for us because we have kids." I'm not gonna shove you, your kid, or your pile of kid accessories out of my way, I'm not gonna stampede your family, I'm going to sacrifice other activities and get there early. We all pay to get in, we all have limited time to do what we want, I just spend more of mine patiently waiting. I understand everyone wants the best for their kid, but if my parents could figure out a balance so can you.

wdwfan4ver

I really don't hear about such a thing before this thread. I don't interact with anyone on facebook or twitter. I never seen anyone walk up to me and make any comments about me going without any kids.

The problem with some forms of social media is you have some people that try to make other people feel miserable including trying to make it wrong for a person go to Disney without any kids. Also People online do get enjoyment by trolling or making miserable and those are the type of people that just plain need to be ignored.

I remembered Walt Disney wanting his theme parks for all ages and that means adults without kids also.

WDW also has stuff that adults could do and Disney also does stuff like Weddings and does give out buttons to people that celebrate their wedding anniversary at WDW.

FettFan

In the U.S. the " pack" is named such because "" is a light-hearted euphemism for the buttocks, where the pack sits when it's around in the back. In the UK, it's slang for the vulva, making it vulgar by Victorian standards. It's asterisked out because this is a UK board.

It's unfortunate that it is asterisked out because not only do you have the non-vulgar usage of " pack", but because, as mentioned, it's not an uncommon nickname, such as Brice and even a Sesame Street character named . It even appears in the second verse of Jingle Bells.

But, it falls under the same problem as other vulgar nicknames that double as standard names/nouns, such as with Dick Van , which the board also asterisks out (unless you're personal friends with him), despite "Dick" being a common name on both sides of the pond.

Exactly the kind of nonsense that happens when you rely on an algorithm to monitor a message board.
Lord help it when Mr. VanDyke passes away and every tribute and memorial post gets auto edited and flagged for the moderators.

JusticeDisney

I received a lot of 'hate' in the 80's because I would go 2 or 3 times a year, yet I didn't have kids. A good bit of the remarks was about my going and the expense and how they couldn't afford it. I would always clap back that that was the very reason I chose not to have kids until I had done things I wanted to do. I knew once I had kids, there were no guarantees I could afford to visit WDW as much, if any. I treasure those years and while I enjoyed the few times I went with my two boys, now that they are grown I really look forward to going with them as adults.. So don't let those haters take your pixie dust; enjoy each and every time you and your husband can go!
I absolutely LOVE the fact that you said “clap back.” You just became one of my favorite posters here!

Oh, and I agree with every word of your post.

Smiley/OCD

I all honesty, we have NEVER been on a cruise...I LOVE to drive and HATE the feeling of being "confined" (like on a ship, no matter how large it is). To me IMHO, being on a Disney cruise is like being tempted...Mickey (and all the gang) with you, but there's no MK, Epcot,AK & HWD... with that being said, if I DID win the Powerball or Mega millions, the ONE cruise I would remotely consider would be a Disney cruise to Alaska (only because that's one drive the DW would NEVER let me take!

Magenta Panther

Lately I feel like I have been seeing more and more hate for those Disney fans that are childless. Between twitter and Facebook-I see people making fun of those adults who vacation at Disney without kids.

My husband and I do not have kids yet, and some of our favorite trips have been to WDW just the two of us. Of course we travel to other locations, but what’s so wrong about two adults enjoying Epcot or Animal Kingdom?

What thoughts do you have on the subject?

Some idiots think that the Disney parks are little more than very expense daycare centers, and can't comprehend an adult enjoying them on his/her own. Their loss. Their inner child has died. I've gone to WDW with my brother and I've gone alone. I don't need kids around to enjoy the parks.

Lensman

One of the good things about the internet is that it has brought together people of like interest who previously thought they were alone or at least rare and isolated. Who knew people could have so much passion for the color of a single gondola tower or the sightlines from across World Showcase Lagoon. And now at least I can come across to my friends and family as a veritable Disney moderate.

They still think I'm odd for collecting so many flashlights. But even there the flashlight community shows them that I'm a relative moderate.

Patcheslee

So, as an adult, if I choose not to have kids, but still enjoy fun things, it is weird?
I honestly believe part of people having kids is getting to re-live childhood thru their kids- watching kids movies, going to parks, playing video games.. if you don't have kids (and there may be several reasons for that, some people simply can't, some have their own reasons) its weird to still want to occasionally do fun, possibly immature stuff?

Just because I don't have kids, doesn't mean I am going to sit around with my wife listening to jazz music (because TV is for cretins!) reading a book about the Peloponnesian War, discussing the stock market while hiding my alcohol and pain med addictions? Those things are boring.

I get annoyed at times by people who can't, or wont, control their awful kids at the parks- but I know its a place that caters to families, so I'd never say "Ugh these people with their kids!" so, I mean, if I'm not sitting in the kiddie pool at the resort wearing a Phineas and Ferb shirt offering kids candy, I'd think people can cram it on the judgement.

I was one for about 10 years that couldn't have kids. Not many ppl knew it was a struggle and any vacation to ANY amusement or theme park, children's museum, zoo, usually came with the comments of "isn't that to take your kids to?". I stopped answering when people asked what I did that weekend.
Now have a 9yo who we took to Disney in 2017 and comments turned into "we can't afford a vacation cause it would cost so much with × number of kids"(co-workers cause I'd requested so many days in a row off) I just politely said "guess I'm lucky it took so long for me to have just one and chances of another are .001% and would risk me DYING!!!"
Point is either way ppl will complain. I assume if someone didn't bring a kid it's for a reason and what the heck do I care.

I agree with parents not controlling kids, yes we had a day that actually left because DD8 at the time thought she was gonna get a "I don't have to follow the rules" attitude. She wasn't happy when we followed through after warning her lol. Think sometimes parents worry too much about wringing every bit of value out of the vacation to the extent of crabby kids. It's not worth the frustration to be in Disney with kids being a pain.

daisyduckie

I actually unfriended an old schoolmate of mine that decided it was fun to mock my for my Disney vacations. We have a difference in political views, and one of her digs at me was to mock me for my yearly trips to Disney World. Just seems an odd thing to throw out there as an insult, and I felt it showed how mean and nasty she had become as an adult. There were other things too, just a basic lack of caring for others that added to my deleting her, but it still seemed like a strange insult 'Why don't you go take another trip to Disney World!"????

Thing is, people will mock you for the strangest reasons. You can let it bother you, or you can ignore it. Says more about them as a person than it does about you.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
"I'd like to say a few words about commitment...about honor...about responsibility...about a very special someone, and admitting to her...get up. Pull the chair out. Admitting to her in front of everybody...that her wedding...and that very special honeymoon trip to Epcot Center...will have to be postponed."

-- Andy Garcia - Oceans 12.

Don't know why I just thought about that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom