News Hatbox Ghost coming to Walt Disney World's Haunted Mansion

Roger_the_pianist

It could be neat if the Nightmare overlay took turns from year to year alternating between Disneyland and WDW.

For the Mansion fans who loathe it being NBC 4 months a year, I wish they'd just make a whole new Fantasyland style darkride with the overlay stuff that exits into a huge Jack Skellington gift shop year round. Mini Christmasland, it could have a normal Christmas shop, a bakery...it would make money all year long...

lazyboy97o

Photos are greatly exaggerating the lighting of the figure. The contrast isn’t that great.

Given the placement I think I’d want the head in the hatbox to be a very brief glimpse to make it seem less apparent.

HMF

More pictures were added to the walls, the red lighting was replaced with a more neutral color, the hands on one of the doors was removed and some sound FX were changed.

It was made to be more like how the scene looks at Disneyland in California. Ignoring that all the changes were intentionally made by WED to begin with.
Ironically the hands were removed because at the time the imagineers insisted that "no ghosts should be physically seen before Leota". How I wish we still had the 07 team now.

HMF

I'm sort of neutral on the overlay, but if it's as profitable as you say it is, do you know why they don't do it at WDW?
They are afraid of closing any attraction at WDW for a substantial period of time because they worry that international or once in a life time guests will be angry. The same reason we still have the nearly 50 year old tracks over in Space Mountain.

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member

I guess that confirms they didn't plan a B-mode. Quick! Bring out the temporary wall partition and spooky ficus!
1701622574469.png

Last edited:

HMF

Does the guy shouting "Let me outta here!" in the coffin count as a ghost that appears before Madame Leota? If not, what is he, exactly? Is he the 1000th ghost about to join?
The 07 team took the no ghosts before Leota theme a bit TOO far in my opinion. They left the hands on the coffin guy because they were too iconic to the ride. Then again I would prefer the over-concern of the 07 team to the non-concern of the HBG team.

celluloid

The one in the coffin has surely materialised; he’s just not visible.

Sure, kind of like the things behind the doors, they have trouble getting through.

The point is materialized to us.

And in script and joke, it is referenced that, he is freshley dead or not dead yet with the line that he can hardly contain himself. It is a service in a conservatory after all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom