News Hatbox Ghost coming to Walt Disney World's Haunted Mansion

yensidtlaw1969

I keep forgetting their is a new HM movie being released this year.

Typical Disney movie marketing. They think they can slide on name recog alone. Better start dropping some teasers.

I sort of get the impression they don't have full confidence in it. They did test screenings late last summer and showed a clip at D23 that never saw wide release, and somewhere around that time moved the release from this March to this August. There are a lot of reasons that could be, but considering they have some big name talent in the movie you'd think they'd promote the heck out of it if they thought it was gonna do gangbusters.

I have to think if it doesn't hit big theatrically they'll drop it on Disney+ just in time for Halloween.

yensidtlaw1969

Even crazier that it’s apparently been done for awhile now.
I thought I saw something recently indicating that Justin Simien was still tinkering with it, though I don't remember what. It did seem like it was mostly finished by last August, though. You wonder if the feedback they got led to reshoots or something. Though there are a lot of reasons to push back a movie's release.

Desperately waiting for a teaser or stills or something . . . I've heard from somebody who worked on the sets that they are fittingly spectacular.

yensidtlaw1969

The sets in the 2003 movie were good too, but it sounds like once again they've missed the mark.

Should have just let del Toro do his thing.
I agree, they were beautiful. I'd probably watch the movie on mute if it weren't for the also-wonderful score by Mark Mancina.

I mean, come on:

1675905442856.png

1675905499832.png

1675905514461.png

The only glimpse of the sets for the new Haunted Mansion movie that I've seen are this tiny screenshot from a video on Justin Simien's Instagram:

IMG_9935.jpg

drizgirl

I’ll be shocked if this ever happens.

Still has more of a chance than them ever fixing the yeti though.
If they actually do it, they have to stop including it in their short list of fun new things coming to the parks. Then they'd have to come up with something else to list for years and years.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom